Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 378 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Don't know much about Taylor but ex St Mirren & Scotland under 21 midfielder Ethan Erhahon has had a great season for Lincoln apparently . Still only 22 & a natural holding midfielder. 

Lincoln have had a good season but probably won't creep into the play-offs.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Lincoln have had a good season but probably won't creep into the play-offs.

Yeh I see that. Though for them like you say it's a good season as I can't recall them ever being in the championship.

Erhahon for a 22 year old has played 150 first team games, that's pretty impressive . Only time will tell what his ceiling is but I do expect he will progress to be a championship player at the very least. 

Any St Mirren fans here have an opinion? 

19 hours ago, syecosse said:

Rob Apter was named EFL league 2 young player of the year. Been in the youth squads in the past. 

I saw that & some Blackpool fans reckon the difference in quality from EFL 2 to 1 isn't that wide so they expect him to play a big part for them next season.

Scouser by birth but has played under 19's for us & arguably should be in our under 21 squad already.

Ross McCrorie seems to be Bristol City's first choice RB and playing regularly. In with a shout if Hickey and Patterson are injured? Clarke has called him up to squads before and he's getting more minutes than Ralston

3 hours ago, csinclair said:

Ross McCrorie seems to be Bristol City's first choice RB and playing regularly. In with a shout if Hickey and Patterson are injured? Clarke has called him up to squads before and he's getting more minutes than Ralston

That sounds reasonable to me. 

6 hours ago, csinclair said:

He'd be an improvement on some of the names being bandied about. As well as RB he can also play in central defence and midfield, so he'd be a useful option to have in a 23 man squad. 

Che Adams scores 2 in first 30 minutes. 

Bringing Southampton back into contention for a top 2 finish in the championship 

15 for the season now

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Che Adams scores 2 in first 30 minutes. 

Bringing Southampton back into contention for a top 2 finish in the championship 

15 for the season now

Adams is hitting good form right now! 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Perfect timing. I hope they go up and he scores a few more. His confidence will be through the roof, we could really do with one of our strikers hitting good form now and maintaining it till the end of the season

23 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

He actually has a better goals/minute ratio than Shankland this season, without any pens. Would have scored 20+ if he had the game time. 

Should be our starting striker IMO. Wouldn't mind a way of playing both Shankland and Adams together either. 

48 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

He actually has a better goals/minute ratio than Shankland this season, without any pens. Would have scored 20+ if he had the game time. 

Should be our starting striker IMO. Wouldn't mind a way of playing both Shankland and Adams together either. 

I suppose we could play 3-5-2 but it would mean dropping one of Gilmour, McGinn, McGregor and McTominay.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I suppose we could play 3-5-2 but it would mean dropping one of Gilmour, McGinn, McGregor and McTominay.

We may go that route if we end up depleted in midfield. IMO we have to field an 11 to the resources available, if we have all our best on the park, we run the danger of tiring. Losing Ferguson is a massive blow as we trust he can do a good job and could even of started a match.  I understand this contradicts being able to field our best 11, but we have to spend our chips to get the best out of the three matches and if a best 11 is all we have and then it's a massive drop off, changing formation allows to rest some players by playing two up front is something worth considering. McGregor hasn't been great this season, and hopefully he can get into his best shape.  I expect Armstrong to be a useful player who gets surprisingly more minutes that we expect this summer.  

11 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I really liked his second goal. At least there is some good news. Shankland and Adams both know they're in the shop window this summer. I know that shouldn't make a difference but I think it does, even subconsciously.  All we need now is Dykes to go on a run of form.

Regarding RWB, could McCrorie actually play his way into that position if Hickey and Patterson out. It would go against policy. Although Ralston has always been pretty solid, if he's not getting a game for Celtic...

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Stuart Armstrong makes it 3 nil Southampton 

Some folk on here were writing Armstrong off a wee while ago. The way things are going he could turn out to be one of our most important players in Germany.

39 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Some folk on here were writing Armstrong off a wee while ago. The way things are going he could turn out to be one of our most important players in Germany.

He is underrated and unlucky that we have quality in his position. I really hope they go up to the EPL so they are heading to the Euros with confidence

Given our RB issues ( and genuinely discarding my claret and amber specs) I would suggest Paul Mc Ginn as a possible call up.

Already capped by SC he has been a 'steady eddy' throughout the season playing anywhere and everywhere across the defence.

Especially if the squad rises to 26 he would be a decent back up. 

As for SOD I think his race has run in Scotland terms.

1 hour ago, marinello said:

Given our RB issues ( and genuinely discarding my claret and amber specs) I would suggest Paul Mc Ginn as a possible call up.

Already capped by SC he has been a 'steady eddy' throughout the season playing anywhere and everywhere across the defence.

Paul McGinn had crossed my mind too. He's filled in at RB for Clarke before. Could do so again?

3 hours ago, marinello said:

I'm sorry both players races are well & truly ruin. McGinn is a steady player but even without Hickey & Patterson we have 3 minimum younger choices before he should come even close to consideration .

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

Paul McGinn had crossed my mind too. He's filled in at RB for Clarke before. Could do so again?

Reference Paul McGinn 

To quote a previous Manager - a Player of 'limited ability' 

I’m sorry but not nearly close to being International Class 

3 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

I'm sorry both players races are well & truly ruin. McGinn is a steady player but even without Hickey & Patterson we have 3 minimum younger choices before he should come even close to consideration .

Have to agree, I knew he was one of the older brothers butt FFS he’s 34 in October! 
Shouldn’t even be a consideration IMO 

If you want to start suggesting steady eddie spl players then let's bring Nicky Devlin or Chris Cadden into the mix. Both better than O'Donnell is now & on a par or arguably better than McGinn.

I'll apologise for even suggesting it though as i still think it crisis hasn't reached that level yet 

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Southampton fans love Stuart Armstrong.

I also remember the commentary team on Radio Solent a couple of seasons ago (including Dave Merrington - the man who brought Le Tissier, Shearer, etc... through the youth system) finding it hard to comprehend how Armstrong rarely started for Scotland.