Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 321 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Doak starting tonight. 

That’s December now and would say it’s been disappointing since the summer. Would imagine there will be a loan either in Jan or next summer and unless he makes a huge impact elsewhere his days at Liverpool will be numbered.

9 minutes ago, JECK said:

That’s December now and would say it’s been disappointing since the summer. Would imagine there will be a loan either in Jan or next summer and unless he makes a huge impact elsewhere his days at Liverpool will be numbered.

He only turned 18 a month ago. Give the lad a chance. Not many boys just turned 18 get anywhere near the Liverpool first team. Saying that I think we were all expecting a bit more from him. 

Doak still very much in the "potential" category albeit imo there is bags of potential. He is yet to have a stand out moment or match that really announces him as a viable 1st team player. 

Time very much on his side however this Euros will come 2 soon for him. 

Doak is in a difficukt position. A lot of the time he is dtopped in to an experimental side with youngsters alongside with all of them desperate to make an impression making them strive too much in my opinion. He has not done as much as I would like though and maybe would be better getting a loan spell with a continuous run of games rather than sporadic outings. Currently, the Euros are too soon for him.

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Doak is in a difficukt position. A lot of the time he is dtopped in to an experimental side with youngsters alongside with all of them desperate to make an impression making them strive too much in my opinion. He has not done as much as I would like though and maybe would be better getting a loan spell with a continuous run of games rather than sporadic outings. Currently, the Euros are too soon for him.

To be honest not that interested in english club football but anytime Doak starts he seems  to be substituted.I know he is still young but starting to feel he might be another of those special players who might not be as good as we hoped he might be.Quite willing to be corrected by anybody who follows english football but would like to hear a bit more positivity on such a so called great talent.

Watched the Brighton game and that was the best I have seen Gilmour play for a while. When not on the ball, his tracking players in the middle and breaking up play was spot on. When he had the ball everything he seemed to do was the correct decision.  If you get the chance have a look at the nutmeg he did in the first half.

41 minutes ago, stitch said:

Watched the Brighton game and that was the best I have seen Gilmour play for a while. When not on the ball, his tracking players in the middle and breaking up play was spot on. When he had the ball everything he seemed to do was the correct decision.  If you get the chance have a look at the nutmeg he did in the first half.

Just saw the nutmeg on their  forum, brilliant , as are the comments about him . 

13 hours ago, JECK said:

I would like to see him get a loan move to lower epl team or a championship team. Give him a chance to play every week and develop his game, especially his end product.

Re; Doak, the big advantage at the moment is that defenders seem terrified of him so he could tie up a defence. I thought he looked pretty good againt Hungary but maybe it is too soon for him. Billy Gilmour had put in a few brilliant performances when he was put in the squad.

Ryan Fraser has been looking good. I'm not really convinced he's done much wrong for Scotland though I think Clarke knows better than me about his character and commitment.

11 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

Re; Doak, the big advantage at the moment is that defenders seem terrified of him so he could tie up a defence. I thought he looked pretty good againt Hungary but maybe it is too soon for him. Billy Gilmour had put in a few brilliant performances when he was put in the squad.

Ryan Fraser has been looking good. I'm not really convinced he's done much wrong for Scotland though I think Clarke knows better than me about his character and commitment.

His commitment is terrible, a guy his age should have double the amount of caps he has. Always pulled out of squads or wouldn't be available despite playing for his club regularly.

1 hour ago, saintydave said:

If Christie was to be tried in one of the deeper roles, that could open up a position for Fraser further forward, a 3 of mcginn, mctominay, fraser behind the solo striker could have great potential. 

Will be interesting to see how this R.Christie role/position pans out and what it means for Scotland going forward?!? 
But gives the S.Clarke options just like K.Maclean who is very versatile in several positions. 

I think R.Fraser has been good for Scotland but part of me thinks S.Clarke knows what he has done and let him down. Hence why his ‘Clarkes’ interest in H.Barnes back in August/ September. 
Would H.Barnes be an improvement on R.Fraser - I’d say so, by a good stretch 

If everyone fit and available next March for the Netherlands/ N.Ireland double header then I don’t think we see R.Fraser ( unless he’s setting the heather on fire and in the form of his life ) 

Somehow, I think we’re more likely to see H.Barnes ahead of R.Fraser imo 

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

His commitment is terrible, a guy his age should have double the amount of caps he has. Always pulled out of squads or wouldn't be available despite playing for his club regularly.

There was a whole thing about him pulling out injured and then training with Newcastle but players can train while not being ready to start a match. He did well in the last nations league games, too.

7 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

There was a whole thing about him pulling out injured and then training with Newcastle but players can train while not being ready to start a match. He did well in the last nations league games, too.

Hes always been terrible for pulling out or not being available. Clarke had to make an example out of him because he took the piss one to many times. Good player and I would like him back in the squad but his commitment in the past was poor.

5 hours ago, broraboy said:

Will be interesting to see how this R.Christie role/position pans out and what it means for Scotland going forward?!? 
But gives the S.Clarke options just like K.Maclean who is very versatile in several positions. 

I think R.Fraser has been good for Scotland but part of me thinks S.Clarke knows what he has done and let him down. Hence why his ‘Clarkes’ interest in H.Barnes back in August/ September. 
Would H.Barnes be an improvement on R.Fraser - I’d say so, by a good stretch 

If everyone fit and available next March for the Netherlands/ N.Ireland double header then I don’t think we see R.Fraser ( unless he’s setting the heather on fire and in the form of his life ) 

Somehow, I think we’re more likely to see H.Barnes ahead of R.Fraser imo 

Ryan Fraser at his best or Harvey Barnes would be a very close call, a couple of seasons ago I'd have gone with Fraser due to his pace, touch, delivery & workrate but injuries have taken there toll I reckon so he isn't the player he was. He is doing quite well at Southampton albeit often from the bench but I'm not convinced yet that he is back anywhere near the level of player he was .

Think if Christie's conversion continues to go well & Barnes commits he will be on that plane to Germany.