Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 286 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny McLean had a decent game for Norwich tonight and was unlucky not to score with a cracking left foot curler that hit the bar.

Unfortunately for him Leicester City did a job on them and won 2-0 via a penalty and breakaway goal.

17 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Forwards listed in the Liverpool squad - Salah, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Jota and Doak. Love reading that 😂

Yet he's STILL no good enough for even a bench place for the national team! madness..

21 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I'll have my say about Lindsay again even though it's mainly from reading fans opinions,  I've seen him live but only thru beer tinted glasses from the PNE away end .

Overall he seems to be a strong defender but seriously limited with the ball so reckon the only way Clarke would chance him would be in the centre of a 3. He is only 27 so you never know he could perhaps long term replace Hanley but as we all know we have a few established alternatives for that central role so unless there's a injury crises I just don't see a window for Lindsay to get in. 

I guess also Hyam was in the last squad right? I expect due to being more technically solid he will stay in or around the squad for a year or 2 & hopefully over that time some younger better quality options will emerge to replace the older/veterans like Hanley, Cooper & Hyam.

21 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I'm not knocking him,  I believe he was even good enough to make the SPL team of the season a few years ago. I'm just saying from reading about him on the Barnsley & Stoke forums there was too many fans say consistently how poor his distribution was . 

Well who scored agree with you both there,his pass success rate for a central defender is shocking. 

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Excellent if true. 

Was gonna watch Aberdeen game but will watch Liverpool to see how he gets on. 

Would be the game to watch anyway from a Scotland supporters point of view.  Are there any Aberdeen players in contention these days?

4 minutes ago, todd said:

Would be the game to watch anyway from a Scotland supporters point of view.  Are there any Aberdeen players in contention these days?

I like to see the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts etc do well in Europe so tend to watch them but if Doak is in from the start i'll be watching Liverpool. 

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I might do the same 😆 

Did anyone watch Tierney last night?

How did he play?

Tierney had a very good game going by reports, watched the highlights and Tierney was subbed on the hour mark - not quite up to full match fitness yet apparently! 
How Real Sociedad didn’t win that match is baffling, after Tierney was subbed Inter grew into the game and got a very late goal. 

Here’s hoping Tierney is 100% match fit for Spain game 🤞

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I like to see the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts etc do well in Europe so tend to watch them but if Doak is in from the start i'll be watching Liverpool. 

11 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Tierney had a very good game going by reports, watched the highlights and Tierney was subbed on the hour mark - not quite up to full match fitness yet apparently! 
How Real Sociedad didn’t win that match is baffling, after Tierney was subbed Inter grew into the game and got a very late goal. 

Here’s hoping Tierney is 100% match fit for Spain game 🤞

Cheers gents