Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 109 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

I'd almost forgotten about him 🤣

Apparently Fraser Hornby - remember him? - has been featuring for Reims quite a lot recently in Ligue 1. I am not sure how well he's done though.

That you, Kris?

I've been rumbled 😳

5 hours ago, scotlad said:

I'd almost forgotten about him 🤣

Apparently Fraser Hornby - remember him? - has been featuring for Reims quite a lot recently in Ligue 1. I am not sure how well he's done though.

That you, Kris?

I too had forgotten all about Lewis Morgan, in Football Manager a year or two ago he was one of my go 2's(got too, go to's...whatever).  Likely because MLS season is just starting, did he get a move?  I thought he was at Inter Miami

12 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Roy Keane going to town on mctominey

No he didn't. 

Here's what he said about mctominay 

'He seems an honest enough kid don’t get me wrong but that’s just [not good enough] at this level. You tackle him! You take him out, you do what you can.’

Keane is right but when you read all of what he said, you will see he named more than half the team. He probably went after Fred more than any of the rest of the man utd team 

10 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I too had forgotten all about Lewis Morgan, in Football Manager a year or two ago he was one of my go 2's(got too, go to's...whatever).  Likely because MLS season is just starting, did he get a move?  I thought he was at Inter Miami

Aye, he moved just a couple of weeks ago, I think.

McTominney seemed a tad lathargic on Sunday which maybe expected as he was just back from illness.

Man Utd are a total mess atm though so must be very hard for him. In the 1st half the defence held a high line which allowed Utd to keep the game compressed and Utd could then spring the counter. In the 2nd half Utds back line dropped right off and the gaps between defence and midfield and then midfield and attack were huge. It was an impossible task to cover that distance and totally played into the hands of City.

Utd dont have defenders who can play out from the back and they dont like pushing up because Maguire leads the line and he is so slow.  They could do alot worse than drop Maguire and go to a back 3 of McTom, Varne and Linderof.

13 hours ago, romanticscot said:

He got a move to the New York Red Bulls I believe...

On 3/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, Tartan blood said:

I've said it before and will say it again, an on-form (and present) Ryan Fraser should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is one of those special players that can create something out of nothing. 

It was good to hear Clarke saying he chooses players 90% on ability, and only 10% on personality. Which makes me think he'll forgive Fraser and move on. Eddie Howe clearly has. We don't have a big enough pool to be exiling players. I really don't want a repeat of the Steven Fletcher or Barry Ferguson feuds with managers.

Nice post-match interview with Fraser (interesting comments about the one-on-one training he gets from Eddie Howe's backroom team and so on):

50 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

Nice post-match interview with Fraser (interesting comments about the one-on-one training he gets from Eddie Howe's backroom team and so on):

I like Fraser.  If we play two up top I’d be tempted to play him alongside either dykes or Adams

On 3/6/2022 at 10:53 AM, Tartan blood said:

I've said it before and will say it again, an on-form (and present) Ryan Fraser should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is one of those special players that can create something out of nothing. 

I agree

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Thats all very well but he needs to actually turn up for squads. He only has 22 caps which is very low for a guy of his age.

True. Some of that has been disappointing.

We've said that of a few players in last 2 decades.

38 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Thats all very well but he needs to actually turn up for squads. He only has 22 caps which is very low for a guy of his age.

Not much use Fraser  being a star man for Newcastle if he simply can't be arsed turning up for our squads.

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Patterson not even on bench tonight. Lampard obviously doesn’t think he’s up to it at that level yet?

He surely can't be so far off the pace that he can't even get on the bench though.  Everton are shite at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Starting to look like a terrible move for Patterson.  He would have been better staying a rangers until he could find a team likely to play him.

Yes. I think he's been unlucky that the managerial change and Evertons continuing disastrous form coincided with his move to Everton. I guess all he can do now is work his socks off in training, and be ready to take any opportunities that come his way.