European Football 21/22 - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

17 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Aye on paper it's probably the best time after Galatasary and Spartak. It's one of those though we're it seems like the best on paper but the reality could be very different.

I'm just hoping we can finally take that next step and make it to the quarters. 

I

If we do make the quarters (big if!!) some of the teams likely to be there are pretty frightening.  Based on the draw I'd expect the quarters to be made up of Monaco, Lyon, Atalanta, Sevilla, Barca, RB Liepzig & Real Betis (and us, obvs).

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Along with Zalgiris, Sparta Prague, Cluj, Kairat Almaty, Neftci, Mura, Alashkert & Omonia Nicosia to name but a few. But I'm sure Dd meant the first Scottish side. 🤔

Regardless our efforts in Europe have been disgraceful for a number of years whilst Pedro and his mates have been counting magic beans, otherwise known as share dividends. 

Obviously 🤪. Anyway you’re not as much fun as Ramy 😂

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Don’t think the score reflects the balance of the game but I’ll take that. McGregors penalty save was excellent. 

I think a 3 goal margin is about right. They could have scored a couple bit we could/should have scored at least a couple more. 

Another cracking performance last night and a brilliant atmosphere at Ibrox. I actually made it to a game for the first time in nearly 5 years! We really do see at home in this competition and it’s baffling we can’t replicate that from in the league at the moment. Some huge performances notably from McGregor, Lundstram and Ryan Jack who was my MOTM. 

23 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I could see another high scoring game next week. Red Star have to go for goals so it might leave space at the back to exploit. 

They do look capable of scoring goals, massive 1st half for Rangers next week.

To be fair it was fine margins last night and if not for VAR the score could have been a lot different.  They had 2 offside goals, a saved penalty and hit the bar and did look dangerous especially on the left hand side.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them score but I also fancy us for at least one too.

23 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I did feel Rangers penalty was very soft, the one after it when Kent got his arm pulled looked more a penalty. 

I thought there was more of a foul on Bassey after the one that was given for Kent.

Does anybody know the current coefficient position and what it means. Would be good to get to the point when 3rd place in the league gets a guarentee of group stage football.

Not sure what number that kick in at.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Does anybody know the current coefficient position and what it means. Would be good to get to the point when 3rd place in the league gets a guarentee of group stage football.

Not sure what number that kick in at.

I read someone that if Rangers beat Red Star and Partizan get knocked out of the Vanarama League or whatever it is then we'll be guaranteed 9th place in the coefficient.  No idea what that means for placings etc mind you (other than league winners guaranteed ECL group stages) but assume it must be a positive!

Checking the results Partizan got pumped 5-2 at home by Feyenoord in the 1st leg so coupled with the Rangers result it's looking good.

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I read someone that if Rangers beat Red Star and Partizan get knocked out of the Vanarama League or whatever it is then we'll be guaranteed 9th place in the coefficient.  No idea what that means for placings etc mind you (other than league winners guaranteed ECL group stages) but assume it must be a positive!

Checking the results Partizan got pumped 5-2 at home by Feyenoord in the 1st leg so coupled with the Rangers result it's looking good.

Celtic win the league, straight into champs league

Rangers win Europa they get into champs league as well...not sure what round. 

Yaaaaay I can't wait for Rangers and celtic to get automatic qualification to the group stages. That's exactly what Scottish football needs.......an even bigger gap between the old firm and the rest🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, stocky said:

Celtic win the league, straight into champs league

Rangers win Europa they get into champs league as well...not sure what round. 

Rangers won’t win the Europa League, as much as I’d love to see it. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Yaaaaay I can't wait for Rangers and celtic to get automatic qualification to the group stages. That's exactly what Scottish football needs.......an even bigger gap between the old firm and the rest🤣🤣🤣

I think we’re quite a bit away from having 2 teams automatically qualify through the league placings.