European Football 21/22 - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Football 21/22

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I get that it's a difficult venue in difficult conditions..... but I tell you what, if I had paid money to follow the team out there I'd be fuckin raging right now. We've barely looked interested plus have conceded our usual joke of a goal 🙈

Yep just going through the motions, looked like they just wanted that game over from the kick off.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

A lot more to go go in this games.  Both sides look like scoring any time they’re in the opposition box 

Yes good game. What a difference to atmosphere with noisy away fans in. Hopefully old firm will stop this tit for tat nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Probably the worst decision I’ve seen considering he had the chance to watch it back half a dozen times. Scandalous. 

Looking at it again, its never a foul, its not even close, absolutely awful decision.

Almost worth it just to hear Alex Rae whinge though.

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

What a fucking result. Every player was magnificent over both legs. Morelos, Tavernier and Kent in particular were fantastic. Morelos ran Hummels ragged over 180 minutes. Sensational. 

3 years running into the last 16 of the Europa League. Considering the joke we were in Europe pre Gerrard it's some turnaround.

I think they’ve been knocked out 3 times in the same season before, that time they got knocked out by a Polish team (I think), who were then kicked out for fielding an ineligible player, Celtic were reinstated but then got knocked out next round anyway. They’d already been knocked out of Champions league.

This is the first time they’ve been knocked out of 3 different Euro competitions in the same season.

13 minutes ago, Debian said:

HJK Helsinki were papped out of three this season too.  

Along with Zalgiris, Sparta Prague, Cluj, Kairat Almaty, Neftci, Mura, Alashkert & Omonia Nicosia to name but a few. But I'm sure Dd meant the first Scottish side. 🤔

Regardless our efforts in Europe have been disgraceful for a number of years whilst Pedro and his mates have been counting magic beans, otherwise known as share dividends. 

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers draw Red Star Belgrade. At Ibrox 10th March, away on the 17th. No mugs but a decent draw given some of the teams we could have faced. 

Could have done with the away leg being first but that's a winnable tie I'd say. 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Could have done with the away leg being first but that's a winnable tie I'd say. 

They've only lost 1 of their last 14 Europa ties and won their group however it wasn't the toughest of groups (Braga, Midtylland & Ludogrets) so we've got a decent chance.  Although I also thought that when we drew Slavia Prague and they gave us a chasing.

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They've only lost 1 of their last 14 Europa ties and won their group however it wasn't the toughest of groups (Braga, Midtylland & Ludogrets) so we've got a decent chance.  Although I also thought that when we drew Slavia Prague and they gave us a chasing.

Aye on paper it's probably the best time after Galatasary and Spartak. It's one of those though we're it seems like the best on paper but the reality could be very different.

I'm just hoping we can finally take that next step and make it to the quarters. 

I