The news thread - Page 126 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 2/8/2023 at 11:11 AM, Orraloon said:

Stewart McDonald's emails have been hacked - this could be interesting? Maybe?

It seems Craig Murray has got access to Stewart McDonald's emails. Maybe it wasn't "The Russians" who hacked them after all? Will they send him to jail again, or just hope that not too many folk pay any attention to it?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Kirk said:

They keep saying she was on a conference call to work and it was still active when the phone was found. They havent mentioned what anyone who was on the call has said. Like did she say "2 mins i need to get the dog" or anything at all?

I reckon the husband/partner guy is involved

Think it was a Teams call she was listening in to as opposed to being an active participant in.

48 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It seems Craig Murray has got access to Stewart McDonald's emails. Maybe it wasn't "The Russians" who hacked them after all? Will they send him to jail again, or just hope that not too many folk pay any attention to it?

If Craig Murray has got a hold of them, I'd suggest that it points right at the Russians for hacking them.

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

If Craig Murray has got a hold of them, I'd suggest that it points right at the Russians for hacking them.

Doesn't look like it

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2023/02/i-have-stewart-mcdonalds-emails/

22 hours ago, Malcolm said:

The people this will affect are the 100-150k a year, maybe towards the end of their careers and looking at the marginal rate they pay.  These are the people who might go to three days a week to drop themselves under 100k, retain their personal allowance.   They may also retire early as the pension pot is full due to rishi freezing the pot at 1073k so no real point.  

im thinking particularly of doctors and consultants in the nhs and other public sector staff.

What percentage of people in the UK earn over £100k? It will be even less, a lot less, in Scotland.  If they're at the end of their career they've probably paid off the mortgage and got considerable savings and a good pension. My heart won't be bleeding for them, the richest in society (and if you're in the 100k bracket you really are amongst the richest in society) have benefitted from tax measures over the years. Also I imagine that money is not the only factor and that work life balance etc. will be more important. 

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's looking more and more likely that she has been abducted IMO but i would be breaching into the Internet Sleuth division if i said any more

Yeah very possibly

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They have said she was inactive in the call as large number of participants. Not unusual.  I've a morning one with 40 odd folk on it 

ahh ok i missed that cheers

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Think it was a Teams call she was listening in to as opposed to being an active participant in.

yeah fair enough i missed that

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

What percentage of people in the UK earn over £100k? It will be even less, a lot less, in Scotland.  If they're at the end of their career they've probably paid off the mortgage and got considerable savings and a good pension. My heart won't be bleeding for them, the richest in society (and if you're in the 100k bracket you really are amongst the richest in society) have benefitted from tax measures over the years. Also I imagine that money is not the only factor and that work life balance etc. will be more important. 

it’s not a matter of your heart bleeding for them,  more whether the country can afford for them to withdraw their skills from the labour market.

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

This Nicola Bulley dissappearance is as odd as fuck isnt it

It's no wonder it has awoken the tin foil hat ghouls on social media entirely because it's that odd

From " she almost certainly fell in the river" to "being nowhere near the river" is mental

Isn't it just? My first thought was she'd fallen in the river, maybe after trying to rescue her dog, but apparently the wee dog was dry when it was found.

Also, if she had fallen in, it's about 10 miles from where she was until the river meets the sea - there would have been ample opportunities for her to be washed up on a river bank, even if she wasn't alive.

A real head-scratcher.

21 hours ago, Kirk said:

They keep saying she was on a conference call to work and it was still active when the phone was found. They havent mentioned what anyone who was on the call has said. Like did she say "2 mins i need to get the dog" or anything at all?

I reckon the husband/partner guy is involved

If she's anything like me during a conference call she was probably on mute counting the minutes until the end!

Abduction is a possibility but I've not heard that there were any signs of a struggle.

54 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Indeed. 👍

Or maybe the standard of prison food these days is better than most of us realise! 😂

I hope for his sake he’s had better legal advice than when he wrote those articles that got him jailed. 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Isn't it just? My first thought was she'd fallen in the river, maybe after trying to rescue her dog, but apparently the wee dog was dry when it was found.

Also, if she had fallen in, it's about 10 miles from where she was until the river meets the sea - there would have been ample opportunities for her to be washed up on a river bank, even if she wasn't alive.

A real head-scratcher.

If she's anything like me during a conference call she was probably on mute counting the minutes until the end!

Abduction is a possibility but I've not heard that there were any signs of a struggle.

I wonder if they've taken the dug back there, let it off the lead and observed what it does? That top rescue guy said last time he recovered a dog-walking drowning victim his pet was on the bank howling at the river. He also said if she'd fell in at that bit she would've just stood back up!  So she put her phone down, fell in without leaving any sliding marks on the grass, was immediately incapacitated in 2 feet of water, then got dragged the 10 miles out to sea by a slow-moving current round all these bends, when a top rescue expert says he normally finds the bodies no more than 2 or 3 feet from where they fell in as they just sink and lie there?

Some weird theories going round online, but 99 times out of 100 when someone disappears and there's a stretch of water nearby, then that's where they are so you can't really blame the police for concentrating on that.

Quite a few "this is only getting this amount of attention cos she's white and middle-class" comments out there as well.  I think it's more to do with how utterly baffling this is.  The lassie's just vanished into thin air and every theory can be countered with, "Aye, but then why..."

It reminds me of when that cunt Robert Black was on the loose and the disappearance of Susan Maxwell

Edited by Ally Bongo

16 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Totally agree. The people Malcolm are referring are probably going to give up work anyway, they fall into an age group that have benefited from more that any age group in the last century . Large numbers of people in this age group  stopped working , throughout the entire UK, yes even in England Malcolm, since Covid . People are finally realising that working yourself into an early grave is rather unappealing and those who can get by are getting out the rat race. Not everyone needs a gold plated pension to survive. As you say, particularly in Scotland. A few pence extra in tax is not going to lure them back. 

BERLIN, Feb 11 (Reuters) - The Austrian army has suspended rescue operations in quake-hit Turkey due to "an increasingly difficult security situation", its spokesperson said in a tweet on Saturday.

Ministry spokesperson Michael Bauer tweeted that the Austrian Forces Disaster Relief Unit (AFDRU) was available for further rescue operations when the working environment became safe.

News agency AFP reported clashes between unidentified groups, and that Austrian troops were sheltering in a base camp with other international organizations and were awaiting instructions.

16 hours ago, daviebee said:

I wonder if they've taken the dug back there, let it off the lead and observed what it does? That top rescue guy said last time he recovered a dog-walking drowning victim his pet was on the bank howling at the river. He also said if she'd fell in at that bit she would've just stood back up!  So she put her phone down, fell in without leaving any sliding marks on the grass, was immediately incapacitated in 2 feet of water, then got dragged the 10 miles out to sea by a slow-moving current round all these bends, when a top rescue expert says he normally finds the bodies no more than 2 or 3 feet from where they fell in as they just sink and lie there?

Some weird theories going round online, but 99 times out of 100 when someone disappears and there's a stretch of water nearby, then that's where they are so you can't really blame the police for concentrating on that.

Quite a few "this is only getting this amount of attention cos she's white and middle-class" comments out there as well.  I think it's more to do with how utterly baffling this is.  The lassie's just vanished into thin air and every theory can be countered with, "Aye, but then why..."

That's a good question. I don't know much about dogs but I do know they're pack animals by nature who get upset if they're left alone for too long. It's not been made clear if the dog seemed distressed when it was found, which it might if it'd been left alone for a while - especially so if its owner had been taken away against her volition. It'd certainly be worth a shot taking the dog back to where it was found to see how it reacts.

Aye, I've seen a few comments about her race and class too, which completely miss the point. It's true that people of other backgrounds go missing all the time but they don't just seemingly vanish into thin air!

On 2/10/2023 at 9:47 PM, scotlad said:

Indeed. 👍

Or maybe the standard of prison food these days is better than most of us realise! 😂

Craig Murray is now in hiding in the Outer Hebrides to “avoid police harassment”.   Apparently he is now getting legal advice on whether or not he can publish the emails.   I’d have thought that would’ve been something he should’ve gotten before he admitted being in possession of stolen emails, but what do I know,

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Craig Murray is now in hiding in the Outer Hebrides to “avoid police harassment”.   Apparently he is now getting legal advice on whether or not he can publish the emails.   I’d have thought that would’ve been something he should’ve gotten before he admitted being in possession of stolen emails, but what do I know,

Hiding in the Outer Hebrides. 🤣 Maybe he's been reading Robert Louis Stevenson!

Aye, I would have thought so too. For an ex-diplomat he's not very... diplomatic.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

If he is trying to hide it seems strange that he would you where he is going.

I hoping all sport isnt fucking cancelled that Saturday

Edit .. just checked and it might only be the EPL that may be affected due to Policing numbers

Edited by Ally Bongo