The news thread - Page 135 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

21 minutes ago, SamP said:

I respect your opinion.  What is similar?  Did Hitler want to stop illegal immigrants entering Germany?  I don't know but just searching for this similarity Tyder.  I was taught at school that Hitler ordered the wholesale murder of the Jews in Germany and Poland.  I watched the debates on this last night and this morning before going to game.  I haven't seen any reference to the UK government wanting to do that.  Simple to stop the gangmasters from making loads of money and risking families lives by taking their money and putting them to sea in a lilo.  Comparing anything in the Scottish or UK Government to Nazi Germany is simply wrong.  What do the polls say in the UK about stopping illegal immigrants btw?

As has been mentioned numerous times its the language that was used. Have a look at what has been said before rather than me rehash it all. Nobody is comparing the UK government to nazis. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have never heard of half the folk on that list of names. The fact that the rest are mainly made up of Sirs, Dames., Lords  and Baronesses and C list celebrities says it all. 
Davina McCall’s signature alone would be a stick on reason for voting Yes. Who on earth would be swayed by utter bollox like this 😂

On a plus note a fair few of them won’t be offering any opinions in the future 💀 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

As has been mentioned numerous times its the language that was used. Have a look at what has been said before rather than me rehash it all. Nobody is comparing the UK government to nazis. 

Still can't see the language used was similar to Nazi Germany. The language I have seen used was against the gangmasters and illegal immigrants entering the UK on boats.  So what was the language used that wants to be the same as Nazi Germany?  Please enlighten me and put me to bed.

6 minutes ago, SamP said:

Still can't see the language used was similar to Nazi Germany. The language I have seen used was against the gangmasters and illegal immigrants entering the UK on boats.  So what was the language used that wants to be the same as Nazi Germany?  Please enlighten me and put me to bed.

I genuinely think, unless you're permanently on the wind up, that you are the thickest cunt ever to feature on the TAMB. No offence. But seriously, the thickest cunt.

5 minutes ago, duncan II said:

I genuinely think, unless you're permanently on the wind up, that you are the thickest cunt ever to feature on the TAMB. No offence. But seriously, the thickest cunt.

Simply looking for an answer as to where the language is similar to that of Nazi Germany.  Struggling to find that answer on here.  Must be thick right enough.  When someone replies with no answer to my question except for resorting to the name calling well..............  Maybe Bob Dylan was right.  The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.  

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

The BBC had no issue with its employees expressing political opinions back in 2014 when it came to the independence referendum.  According to this, BBC employee Gabby Logan, along with her glaikit husband, signed a letter against Scottish independence:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/07/celebrities-open-letter-scotland-independence-full-text

I'd still like to see some enterprising journalist go back through that list and ask,  given being dragged out of the EU, the damage of Brexit, the denial of democracy, the trashing of the economy, whether in hindsight they think they were right in urging Scots to vote to stay in this non voluntary Union.

I have my 3rd year degree students tomorrow.  I will get them to debate this and come up with their conclusions.  Based on facts of what the Government Minister said, what Lineker said and the language used by the Nazi's.  Should be interesting.  They are clever and reasoned and one of my best classes.  They will come up with measured conclusions not resorting to calling each other names and providing no facts.  

2 hours ago, SamP said:

I was taught at school that Hitler ordered the wholesale murder of the Jews in Germany and Poland.

Yes, but it was a very long time before they reached that point.

The Nazis spent several years using hostile language before they even came to power in 1933 and the 'Final Solution' was not even decided until the Wannsee Conference, which didn't take place until 1942.

If any of you are ever in Berlin, the building which hosted the Wannsee meeting is worth a visit. Quite something to be in the very room where those bastards agreed the fate of Europe's Jews.

2 hours ago, SamP said:

Comparing anything in the Scottish or UK Government to Nazi Germany is simply wrong.

A Holocaust survivor did that just a couple of weeks ago..

2 hours ago, SamP said:

Based on facts of what the Government Minister said, what Lineker said and the language used by the Nazi's.

Do it, but don't just go through last week's statements. Go through he statements of Pritti Patel and Suella Braverman over a period of time.

14 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Yes, but it was a very long time before they reached that point.

The Nazis spent several years using hostile language before they even came to power in 1933 and the 'Final Solution' was not even decided until the Wannsee Conference, which didn't take place until 1942.

If any of you are ever in Berlin, the building which hosted the Wannsee meeting is worth a visit. Quite something to be in the very room where those bastards agreed the fate of Europe's Jews.

A Holocaust survivor did that just a couple of weeks ago..

https://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-minister-refuses-to-apologize-to-holocaust-survivor-over-anti-migrant-rhetoric/

btw, that building in Wannsee has an eerie vibe about it. 

5 hours ago, SamP said:

If Lineker hadn't referenced Nazi Germany and the comparison then nothing would have been spoken about this weekend.  It's not rocket science.  As I said in my original post it was this reference that done it.  As for the first poster who responded and called me a moron.  When you resort to name calling you have already lost the argument.

The root cause of the issue here is a Tory immigration policy that they themselves openly admit is very likely to breach the European Convention of Human Rights. It is also being being delivered by a Home Secretary whose competence for the role is constantly being exposed as questionable.

As you say, it's not rocket science. Whether you agree with it or not is immaterial, if you are unable to understand Gary Lineker's quite valid viewpoint then you ARE a moron.

7 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The root cause of the issue here is a Tory immigration policy that they themselves openly admit is very likely to breach the European Convention of Human Rights. It is also being being delivered by a Home Secretary whose competence for the role is constantly being exposed as questionable.

As you say, it's not rocket science. Whether you agree with it or not is immaterial, if you are unable to understand Gary Lineker's quite valid viewpoint then you ARE a moron.

They never said it would breach, they said it would push to the limits.

Anyway, although I don't like people just mentioning the Nazis per say this has certainly got the whole of the UK talking.  So I have now come to the conclusion that what Lineker said has and is turned/turning out to be a good thing.  People that probably didn't take much interest in politics know a lot more now especially the tory immigration policy.  Going to get my students to debate it this morning though.  Should be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, SamP said:

They never said it would breach, they said it would push to the limits.

Anyway, although I don't like people just mentioning the Nazis per se this has certainly got the whole of the UK talking.  So I have now come to the conclusion that what Lineker said has and is turned/turning out to be a good thing.  People that probably didn't take much interest in politics know a lot more now especially the tory immigration policy.  Going to get my students to debate it this morning though.  Should be interesting. 

You keep making reference to "my students". That is truly horrifying. The dumbing down of society is a real phenomenon. But for someone with your grasp on reality and decency to be in a position to influence young minds is breathtakingly scary.

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

You keep making reference to "my students". That is truly horrifying. The dumbing down of society is a real phenomenon. But for someone with your grasp on reality and decency to be in a position to influence young minds is breathtakingly scary.

Maybe his so called students have got him on ignore like most of the posters on TAMB

Being pedantic the Wannsee Conference in January 1942 (postponed from 9 December 1941) was basically informing those in authority in the East what had already been decided months earlier.

Mass killings of Jews had already taken place after the Germans invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941 and gassings of Polish Jews and Romani in vans started at Chelmno on 8 December 1941

Construction of Belzec started on 1st November 1941

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Lineker is a bit of a virtue signaling bell end at times and I can’t say I’m fond of the nazi reference but he should be able to say what he wants politically / socially etc and not be punished by the bbc 

this is my position on this.  

lineker should absolutely be able to say what he wants but equally the government have to address the illegal immigration issue that we have.

34 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

lineker should absolutely be able to say what he wants but equally the government have to address the illegal immigration issue that we have.

What “illegal immigration” issue?

54 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

There is a problem and it needs to be resolved (I'm sure everyone agrees flimsy boats across the channel is not a good thing).

But Braverman will need do some actual work to resolve this problem.

She needs to cut-out the hostile words and exaggerated figures and get on with her actual job.

Edited by Rich NATA