The news thread - Page 133 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Seems to be more news coverage about Gary Lineker and who's (not) hosting MotD than the UK Government policy that caused him to tweet in the first place. Call me cynical but it's convenient that their friends at the BBC have deflected the attention away from another inhumane Tory policy pandering to the Express, Mail and Telegraph.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I don't like the BBC or the British Tories.  I also cannot stand people who try and reference anything bad here to Nazi Germany in the 1930's.  That is lazy and stupid.  There are a thousand things Lineker could have said to put his view over but not that.  Fuck him.

53 minutes ago, SamP said:

As much as I don't like the BBC or the British Tories.  I also cannot stand people who try and reference anything bad here to Nazi Germany in the 1930's.  That is lazy and stupid.  There are a thousand things Lineker could have said to put his view over but not that.  Fuck him.

Shut the fuck up you moron. He compared the language used, and in this case, he was correct. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Shut the fuck up you moron. He compared the language used, and in this case, he was correct. 

Why reference Nazi Germany?  Lazy.  My opinion.  If your answer is just to tell me shut up you moron.  Well, that says more about you than me.

2 hours ago, SamP said:

Why reference Nazi Germany?  Lazy.  My opinion.  If your answer is just to tell me shut up you moron.  Well, that says more about you than me.

In my experience, people often do that to get their comments noticed. Seems to have worked on this occasion.

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

In my experience, people often do that to get their comments noticed. Seems to have worked on this occasion.

That's correct.  Doesn't make it right though.  I can't stand the tories or British Govt but in no way you can compare them or the language used to Nazi  Germany.  Anyway.  That's my point.

2 hours ago, SamP said:

You are a moron if you need to ask

The Holocaust didn't start with Gas Chambers - it started with language/propaganda

Get it now ?

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You are a moron if you need to ask

The Holocaust didn't start with Gas Chambers - it started with language/propaganda

Get it now ?

And you think the words used are leading to UK getting the gas chambers built??? I happen to believe we live in a civilised democracy in the UK.  It has many faults and I am praying for Independence.  But in your quote you suggesting this could lead to another holocaust.  Why do some people compare some things that happen now to Nazi Germany??  That is beyond my ken.  I agree with Lineker but he shouldn't have referred to that.  That is my only point.

38 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And, the jug eared clown has always had a thing about the "Germans". Now he is paying the penalty.

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And, the jug eared clown has always had a thing about the "Germans". Now he is paying the penalty.

All publicity is good publicity though.  His stock has risen as he is standing up to the BBC.  He is set for life or many lives anyway.  But certainly got everyone talking about him right enough.   If the BBC sack him who would want to take over?  I can't see anyone of standing doing that.  I think they will say right let's get back to work Gary very soon to try and save some kind of face.

Just now, TDYER63 said:

The BBC have opened a can of worms here. Why was Alan Sugar not suspended when he tweeted a photo shopped pic of Jeremy Corbyn wearing nazi medal’s sitting in a car with Hitler ? 

They were talking about that this morning on TV.  A BBC apologist said that Lord Sugar wasn't the 'Face' of the Beeb so that didn't really matter!!

4 minutes ago, SamP said:

They were talking about that this morning on TV.  A BBC apologist said that Lord Sugar wasn't the 'Face' of the Beeb so that didn't really matter!!

Wtf. That is incredible. If someone had asked me to name the ‘face’ of the BBC there is not one individual I could confidently name. Tory HQ possibly. 

Just now, TDYER63 said:

Wtf. That is incredible. If someone had asked me to name the ‘face’ of the BBC there is not one individual I could confidently name. Tory HQ possibly. 

Seemingly he is now the face of the Beeb!

48 minutes ago, SamP said:

And you think the words used are leading to UK getting the gas chambers built??? I happen to believe we live in a civilised democracy in the UK.  It has many faults and I am praying for Independence.  But in your quote you suggesting this could lead to another holocaust.  Why do some people compare some things that happen now to Nazi Germany??  That is beyond my ken.  I agree with Lineker but he shouldn't have referred to that.  That is my only point.

They are getting detention camps built though - and remember the Nazis first plan for the Jews was deportation.

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

MOTD is an English national institution - it is also a football highlights show.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

They are getting detention camps built though - and remember the Nazis first plan for the Jews was deportation.

The jews weren't illegal immigrants though.  It's all if's and buts.  My only point this morning was that I don't like people comparing us to Nazi Germany.  Not just Lineker.  If you think we are then that is a matter for you.  We life in a (nearly) free society.  

59 minutes ago, SamP said:

Your only point is wrong because Lineker was right - The language used by certain political parties and individuals IS eerily similar to the Nazi Party in 1930s Germany

Once you take away someone's rights you can do whatever you like with them

However you can't take someone's rights away at the flick of a switch - you have to have public support

You get that by propaganda and language so that you debase the people you want to "get rid of"

There was no plan for extermination at the beginning - it just developed over time because it became the natural outcome

But it started with an ideology and language

Who knows where the UK will be in 10-15 years - but as soon as you start the ball rolling on this sort of shit it becomes very easy to go down a dangerous road