The news thread - Page 138 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds like the bankers are at it again. I wonder how much it is going to cost us this round?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/mar/19/silicon-valley-banks-collapse-will-not-be-a-one-off-a-banking-crisis-was-long-overdue

I read that the Swiss-based bank is in trouble because it gave loans to the GFG Alliance which, as I understand it, will be of interest in relation to recent events within the SNP. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

27 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I read that the Swiss-based bank is in trouble because it gave loans to the GFG Alliance which, as I understand it, will be of interest in relation to recent events within the SNP. 

If there is any fallout from Liberty Steel, that would be a problem for the SG rather than the SNP.

8 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Don't worry he'll be along soon to plant doubt in your head by cunningly telling you he voted Yes in 2014.

im not sure why you think support of our army and condemnation of the IRA are incompatible with a vote for Scottish independence.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Tell us about the backdrop to the killings and why a British Helicopter filmed everything and did nothing to intervene

I’m sure you know the backdrop.  The soldiers had the misfortune to inadvertently drive in to the path of an IRA funeral procession.  No idea why the helicopter didn’t intervene but I imagine they didn’t have the capability on board.

Boris Johnson is so, so fucked.

At least Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond never lost the rag with the committee and they both gave evidence for twice as long.  

Edited by aaid

Johnson saying these drinks gatherings were "Absolutely essential" for work purposes.

Thereafter, I heard a woman phone LBC. Her husband died (not of COVID) but his funeral was held during one of the lockdowns. At the funeral, his widow and 14 year old daughter had to be socially distanced, whilst they each fell apart with grief......... and Johnson says drinks gatherings were "Absolutely essential".

... and yet some people defend him. Truss, Rees-Mogg, Patel, Dorries, etc...

What the f*ck is wrong with these people?!  

Thought Boris would be headline news this morning on the BBC but not even close to it, compare this to the coverage given to Sturgeon & the SNP by the BBC recently & you can clearly see they are far from the impartial news entity the so vehemently claim to be. 

7 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Thought Boris would be headline news this morning on the BBC but not even close to it, compare this to the coverage given to Sturgeon & the SNP by the BBC recently & you can clearly see they are far from the impartial news entity the so vehemently claim to be. 

Not as low down the headlines as this story which is exactly why it was sneaked out yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65040300

25 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

But Nicola took her mask off at a wake.

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Not as low down the headlines as this story which is exactly why it was sneaked out yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65040300

I was watching the Channel 4 News last night and Krishnan Guru Murty (I may have mispelt that) didn't let the Tories off the hook with that.  He certainly raised that with Rees-Mogg but then again he doesn't get paid by the BBC (Broadcasters Backing Conservatives?)

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I tend not to believe a word the BBC tells me, but if this is correct then ............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-65043591

Could have been worse, I suppose. Could've been a Lidl bag.

That’s an absolutely horrible story but the headline and framing are a bit disingenuous.