McInnes Sacked - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are you mad??? We want to go forward, no backward !!!

No saying I’m wanting it just Clarke is one of the favourites for the Celtic job and mcinnes has said in the past he’d like to manage Scotland 

Edited by loanhead-tartan

3 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

No saying I’m wanting it just Clarke is one of the favourites for the Celtic job and mcinnes has said in the past he’d like to manage Celtic 

3 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

No saying I’m wanting it just Clarke is one of the favourites for the Celtic job and mcinnes has said in the past he’d like to manage Celtic 

I was just joking about McInnes going to Celtic. Do u seriously think they would want him?

Edited by robbo cop

40 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Who do dons fans fancy? Goodwin? Somebody from down south or abroad?

With this chairman I can see them bringing in somebody from abroad.

Anyone but a merry go round appointment from the Scottish football management clique. 

8 hours ago, robbo cop said:

I was just joking about McInnes going to Celtic. Do u seriously think they would want him?

I hit a typo was meant as mcinnes to Scotland , sausage fingers strike again 😂. Na there was probably a time for her Celtic have seriously considered mcinnes but no after this season 

I'd like to see Goodwin or and I can't believe I'm about to say it........Yogi Hughes. Hughes has proved a lot of people wrong. 

The issue will be whether they want to move so early in their St mirren or Ross County careers and do we have the finances to pay compensation. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd like to see Goodwin or and I can't believe I'm about to say it........Yogi Hughes. Hughes has proved a lot of people wrong. 

The issue will be whether they want to move so early in their St mirren or Ross County careers and do we have the finances to pay compensation. 

Goodwin has just signed a long term contract, not that that means much these days.

Would be gutted if he left, doing a great job for us. 

Good to see the club finally make the decision, despite the fact it's about 2.5 years overdue.

McInnes was a very good AFC manager. Failure to win the cup double in 2014 when we really should have and the 2017 Scottish Cup final defeat stop him being a great one. 

Ever since that 2017 final, where we went toe-to-toe with the best team Scottish football has seen in at least 10 years, we've been in decline. That was probably the best side McInnes had but as we lost players, McInnes signed replacements who were either inadequate or who he did not have faith in. We resorted to something that was never far from McInnes' mind, even with his best teams, a safety-first style. Long balls & overly Risk averse stuff. Something that's only gotten worse as time has gone on. 

This season in particular has been awful. Players who look to have had any sense of creativity or belief in their own ability drilled out of them. Our best players have regressed pretty sharply, being asked to play in a system and style that doesn't suit any of them. We've comfortably got the third best squad in the league yet mismanagement has us performing like relegation candidates. 

It shouldn't have had to end like this but McInnes' time has long been up. He'll have soured much of the goodwill he had within the support with this stubbornness and refusal to take responsibility for how his team have performed but I guess these things rarely end well. 

I think McInnes took a failing Aberdeen team and put it where it should be. However they rarely outperformed expectations under him and that lack of progress and the hoofball they resorted to latterly have been his undoing. 

Personally I hope they forego the usual suspects and show some imagination with their next appointment. 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Personally I hope they forego the usual suspects and show some imagination with their next appointment. 

I reckon they will.