McInnes Sacked - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sky sports reporting Stephen glass will take over and Scott Brown is favourite to be his assistant

Welcome aboard Broonie, I have always been a fan😂

A lot of folk (including me) not happy with it and saying they won’t be back as he backed a racist in his team, which is fair enough, but they also seem to be the ones that spread the racist jokes amongst group texts etc 🙄

I’ll be going, Aberdeen are bigger than Scott Brown, I dont want him in my club, but not a great deal I can do about that. 

I would imagine it’s the end of the road for Shay now too, even more so because he was posting pictures of himself golfing at 3pm on Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

A lot of folk (including me) not happy with it and saying they won’t be back as he backed a racist in his team, which is fair enough, but they also seem to be the ones that spread the racist jokes amongst group texts etc 🙄

I’ll be going, Aberdeen are bigger than Scott Brown, I dont want him in my club, but not a great deal I can do about that. 

I would imagine it’s the end of the road for Shay now too, even more so because he was posting pictures of himself golfing at 3pm on Saturday. 

He backed a racist how many years ago? Why assume he hasn't learned from it and grown up? Jamie carragher regrets backing suarez and has said so publicly, perhaps brown feels the same.

35 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Oh the irony...  Scotland and Celtic legend Scott Brown to Aberden..🙂🙂🙂🤣🤣

57 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sky sports reporting Stephen glass will take over and Scott Brown is favourite to be his assistant

Welcome aboard Broonie, I have always been a fan😂

He is using Aberdeen as a stepping stone to eventually move to managing a big club,  Celtic FC....🙂

Brown seems a very strange appointment on both sides.  I'd have thought he'd want to end his playing days at Celtic.  Unless the new Manager has already been appointed and intimidated he won't be in his plans, similar to Advocaat and Gascoigne.

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Brown seems a very strange appointment on both sides.  I'd have thought he'd want to end his playing days at Celtic.  Unless the new Manager has already been appointed and intimidated he won't be in his plans, similar to Advocaat and Gascoigne.

That's what I was thinking. Very surprised at this news..

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's what I was thinking. Very surprised at this news..

Browns a thug who can gtf, be interesting to see how lenient the refs would be with playing in red, be lucky to last 2 fouls i.e. 1 minute 🤬🤬🤬

50 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Browns a thug who can gtf, be interesting to see how lenient the refs would be with playing in red, be lucky to last 2 fouls i.e. 1 minute 🤬🤬🤬

Brown to be confirmed shortly. Enjoy..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕🖕🖕🖕🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Ahm fu kin lovin it. Yees are awe bashing yir keyboards as I type this wonderful news..🙂🙂🙂🙂

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Brown to be confirmed shortly. Enjoy..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕🖕🖕🖕🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Ahm fu kin lovin it. Yees are awe bashing yir keyboards as I type this wonderful news..🙂🙂🙂🙂

It would be good if you kept your nonsense to the celtic or old firm thread. Thanks

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It would be good if you kept your nonsense to the celtic or old firm thread. Thanks

Oh I can just see it. DandyDunn, Vandersrk, Redz, and RDFH84, outside Pittodrie in a circle wae red tihtes and pom poms, jumpin aboot doin "the Broony" .. Oh ma sides..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh I can just see it. DandyDunn, Vandersrk, Redz, and RDFH84, outside Pittodrie in a circle wae red tihtes and pom poms, jumpin aboot doin "the Broony" .. Oh ma sides..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s the sort of shite that happened outside paradise nae so long ago 👍

Edited by RDFH64

24 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

That’s the sort of shite that happened outside paradise nae so long ago 👍

I'll leave the plastic Tim/jock to it. I was trying to be nice about it so another thread wasn't ruined but he's on a mission again 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

It will be weird having more attention focused on the appointment of an assistant instead of the manager 

Still think it’s an horrendous appointment, the fact it’s during a lockdown will restrict the way fans can voice their displeasure at Browns appointment, apart from Morelos Brown must be the most despised player amongst Aberdeen fans.

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Still think it’s an horrendous appointment, the fact it’s during a lockdown will restrict the way fans can voice their displeasure at Browns appointment, apart from Morelos Brown must be the most despised player amongst Aberdeen fans.

I think its spectacular 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

No offence here but its nothing like a horrendous appointment. Glass or glass and brown are untested, yes but the only options to a club like Aberdeen are untested managers or managers who have had limited success.

I remember a lot of fans weren't to happy with the appointment of mcinnes because He was poor at Bristol City and did OK at St johnstone......he did quite well in the first few years.

I'll reserve judgement on the new managers and his team till they've had some time to impress. 

Yet another thread to have Celtic dragged into it. 

A Celtic fan, delighted that a club legend is (potentially) leaving to join another club in the same league. 

It’s all very strange, I don’t like him, but if he comes on board, so be it, let’s see what he can do. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He backed a racist how many years ago? Why assume he hasn't learned from it and grown up? Jamie carragher regrets backing suarez and has said so publicly, perhaps brown feels the same.

If he’s happy to come out and say he was wrong, then I’ll assume most fans will be willing to forgive and forget, but it’ll be a shame to see Logan leave because of this, he had 2-3 great years at Aberdeen, scored some important goals and it just seems that he’ll be chucked to the side to carry on with his plumbing. 

For a Premiership or Championship team I would much prefer to see a left field appointment like Glass and Brown any day of the week rather than the likes of McCann, McPherson, Wright, Robertson and Hughes types. There is of course the risk of it all going tits-up but the Scottish merry go-round candidates would quickly settle their sights on a top 4 or top 6 finish and suggest that supporters lower their ambition. 

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is liking men in tights a Canadian thing 😵