Season 20/21 - Page 146 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

49 minutes ago, bonzo said:

One of the "broken chairs" was a memorial to one of the people who died in the bin lorry crash. 

He is on the wind up. He described them as broken chairs further back and despite it being highlighted that they were memorial benches he continues to use the term.
I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t actually know it was memorial benches, but he is being deliberately disrespectful .

30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There is now no way anybody can do anything to stop this happening again. The next two old firm games should just be cancelled.

If someone can't find a way to shut Douglas Park up I'd say that's a distinct possibility. 

16 minutes ago, slasher said:

If someone can't find a way to shut Douglas Park up I'd say that's a distinct possibility. 

I think its the only option left.

I always thought there would be an OTT reaction/celebration when they won the league again. Their board and the fucking media have fed the narrative that they were hard done by and the fans lapped it all up but I didn't think it would be this bad. 

It's not as if this was a daft group of kids, fully grown adults, some took their kids to this nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck off with your Celtic agenda. Just accept your mob is disgusting and cant behave themselves anywhere they go. Pathetic deflection..

He always has a Celtic Agenda, The mans a Tool

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ok.  I will bite too.  Where are Rangers Football Club condoning the fans behaviour for celebrating all over Scotland as they are the biggest team in the land.  In fact don't bother as you will not be able to answer. Anyway Champions don't do that.  Stand on kid.

😂😂 You seriously need help. 

15 minutes ago, dj mick said:

He always has a Celtic Agenda, The mans a Tool

Thank you mate. Every single comment this clown responds to  about the rangers turns into, "well Celtic did this, and Celtic did that".. Thought I was being paranoid.. You are awerite Mick..👍🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

26 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Interesting tweet this evening from Celtic...

Tweet

See new Tweets

Conversation

Four leaf clover
Celtic Football Club Statement: We’re not half of anything...

Face with rolling eyes
Not our problem. #OneClubSince1888

... say Celtic FC who renewed their Trade Mark 'Old Firm' and 'The Old Firm' jointly with Rangers at the intellectual property office on 2 March 2021.

27 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

... say Celtic FC who renewed their Trade Mark 'Old Firm' and 'The Old Firm' jointly with Rangers at the intellectual property office on 2 March 2021.

They need each other, that's undeniable 

8 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Or employed by the Mods to annoy folk, get posts up, and increase advertising revenue.

Good point, he’s like Adrian Durham on Talksport, talks pish then gets loads of muppets biting and ringing in at premium rates 😂

If Aberdeen, Hibs had won the league there would be fans congregating somewhere.  It would be all over social media.  If Celtic had won 10 George Square would be packed as well.  The clubs can ask them not to because of covid.  But what can they do other than that?  They are not the law.  I disagree with it obviously because of this pandemic.  But it would also happen with other clubs supporters in similar circumstances. 

40 minutes ago, Redz said:

Rangers openly enticing their support to ignore the pandemic and party is the worst COVID breach by any club

To then show zero awareness and blame others needs outing properly and making an example of

Ok.  So RFC openly enticed the fans to go out and party in George Square, Larkhall, etc etc.  Where do you get this stuff from?

15 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

He is on the wind up. He described them as broken chairs further back and despite it being highlighted that they were memorial benches he continues to use the term.
I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t actually know it was memorial benches, but he is being deliberately disrespectful .

The approach he uses is actually a skilled approach in political debating called Gish Gallop, perfectly embodied by Trump in television debates where he releases a succession of lies, misrepresentations, unrelated and often bizarre counter-points in response to a simple straightforward issue that reflects badly on him or his party. The advantage of the approach is that it is impossible to counter all these lies or respond to the bizarre seemingly comparisons in a debate and therefore the root of the actual issue is often lost whilst unrelated (often false) counter points are landed. 

I read about it after one of the Hillary/Trump debates and it is quite an effective yet infuriating and underhand approach that seemed to have been first employed and/or perfected by a Duane Gish during evolution debates. 

Of course with all the evidence there is of his stupidity, I would suggest that it is not being used on this forum intentionally. 

5 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

The approach he uses is actually a skilled approach in political debating called Gish Gallop, perfectly embodied by Trump in television debates where he releases a succession of lies, misrepresentations, unrelated and often bizarre counter-points in response to a simple straightforward issue that reflects badly on him or his party. The advantage of the approach is that it is impossible to counter all these lies or respond to the bizarre seemingly comparisons in a debate and therefore the root of the actual issue is often lost whilst unrelated (often false) counter points are landed. 

I read about it after one of the Hillary/Trump debates and it is quite an effective yet infuriating and underhand approach that seemed to have been first employed and/or perfected by a Duane Gish during evolution debates. 

Of course with all the evidence there is of his stupidity, I would suggest that it is not being used on this forum intentionally. 

in Scotland, this practice is referred to as Pish Gallop. 

5 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I say this often, Rangers FC and their support just shout things loud enough and often enough that even their more  moderate supporters presume it’s true and nobody else can be bothered arguing with them. 🤷‍♂️

Rangers half arsed stay safe messages and tannoy announcements are completely negated by the actions of the players and staff hanging out dressing room windows, going to the gates at full time, partying with fans at the gates of Murray park...

I also can’t get my head round some of the things that went on at the weekend in the context of the Killie/stmirren issues earlier in the season, where they were punished (although punishment was later reduced) for players car sharing and sitting too close at lunch, while Rangers players are car sharing and dancing about the training ground car park drinking beers together... 🤷‍♂️