General Election 2019 - Page 45 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

Seen talk of a high turn out. At my polling station they were saying it is the busiest it has been since the 2014 referendum.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing regarding the SNP vote?

Only around half the names were scored out when I went in 15 minutes ago but I love in Tory heartland. Nobody would come close to beating the tories here.

I wasnt going to vote but ended up giving in and voting. Voted lib dems, no idea why, probably the best of a bad bunch

4 minutes ago, phart said:

youthquake trending as well. Seems the young vote has apparently been mobolised, surely not to vote Tory?

Who knows, I 'm not going to make predictions. It won't be long to wait now.... 

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

Who would the seats go to? Surely not all tory, my mystic loon tag would be burned to the ground 

Tory is what I think will happen. I just dont feel the snp have done enough, none of it matters anyway. Scotland gets what england wants 

Does anyone know if the BBC/ITV exit poll is somehow calibrated by turnout?  Meaning, if it's a unusually high turnout, with unusually high Labour vote (say), will it be weighted to take account of that, or will it just say this is prediction based on how people normally vote?

(I thought one reason indyref didn't have an exit poll was because it had nothing to compare it to (ie no equivalent past vote to tell how to multiply up from the sample)

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Does anyone know if the BBC/ITV exit poll is somehow calibrated by turnout?  Meaning, if it's a unusually high turnout, with unusually high Labour vote (say), will it be weighted to take account of that, or will it just say this is prediction based on how people normally vote?

(I thought one reason indyref didn't have an exit poll was because it had nothing to compare it to (ie no equivalent past vote to tell how to multiply up from the sample)

That was a simple yes/no though, so a stand alone exit sample would have been ok.   Why they didn't do one was a surprise to me.

Wow, didn't expect that. But, what if they understimate Labour? Id be very surprised if SNP get near 50.

I mean that youthquake, we saw it with our own eyes, you'd imagine trusting that rather than some poll?

Edited by exile