Europa League 19/20 - Page 56 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

When we pump Copenhagen home and away in the next round we’ll make up the points that Celtic spunked tonight. You’re welcome Scotland. 

Oh dear. And Scotland thanks your fine supporters for their amazing representation of our fine country.. 

Copenhagen deserved it and although we had the better chances there was too many under performers out there. Not helped by so many fucking helmets in the stand getting on their backs at every misplaced pass. At least we wont have to suffer the cunts for a while now that we're out of Europe and they disappear again.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

We needed him to perform tonight and he didn't. He's not good enough at that level. Jozo needs hunted and why Ajer hasn't been coached out of his ridiculous diving challenges by now I have no idea, he's been rotten for weeks. 

It's so easy to bash Rogic, there were many bigger culprits than him. When we are chasing a game and relying on a has been like Griffith's to save us, it's like did the last three years even happen. And that big dumpling of a keeper as well, faced four shots conceded three and gave the ball away from the first till the 90th minute. 

6 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Copenhagen deserved it and although we had the better chances there was too many under performers out there. Not helped by so many fucking helmets in the stand getting on their backs at every misplaced pass. At least we wont have to suffer the cunts for a while now that we're out of Europe and they disappear again.

This has been happening at Ibrox lately. Some supporters really need to take a look at themselves in terms of how they react to  every misplaced past. I appreciate we have bombed but a reality check is needed.

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably ended any chance Scotland had of getting two places in the Champions league which means Rangers wont get a shot at it for at least another 10 years

The CL will be a virtual closed shop for the elite(by that I mean extremely wealthy) teams in Europe in a couple of years. 

24 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The CL will be a virtual closed shop for the elite(by that I mean extremely wealthy) teams in Europe in a couple of years. 

The cL is more or less a closed shop already with only 6 qualification spots up for grabs. The other 26 are guaranteed for the elite super rich leagues which really means a select few clubs.

Celtic would need a huge slice of luck to qialify nowadays.

5 hours ago, Mox said:

It's so easy to bash Rogic, there were many bigger culprits than him. When we are chasing a game and relying on a has been like Griffith's to save us, it's like did the last three years even happen. And that big dumpling of a keeper as well, faced four shots conceded three and gave the ball away from the first till the 90th minute. 

A has been? Ffs he's been playing well since his return in the two up front and showed more tonight in 20 mins or so than the rest of them did the whole game.

43 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

This has been happening at Ibrox lately. Some supporters really need to take a look at themselves in terms of how they react to  every misplaced past. I appreciate we have bombed but a reality check is needed.

Some people in our support are going to have a fucking meltdown the next time we get knocked out a cup or don't win the league. So many spoiled glory hunters who just expect to turn up (usually 15 mins late telling you that you're in their seat) and see us steamroller teams.

Celtic park on a European night and rangers games can be a horrible place to be despite what a lot of these magical myths you hear on social media suggest.

Edited by Terry Munro

45 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Some people in our support are going to have a fucking meltdown the next time we get knocked out a cup or don't win the league. So many spoiled glory hunters who just expect to turn up (usually 15 mins late telling you that you're in their seat) and see us steamroller teams.

Celtic park on a European night and rangers games can be a horrible place to be despite what a lot of these magical myths you hear on social media suggest.

Yip, 8iar and 10 trophies in a row have spoiled a fair few. There's a sense of entitlement from some which is disappointing to see in our support, yet probably inevitable. 

6 hours ago, Mox said:

It baffles me that you can defend Rogic who has done next to nothing for 2 years but are happy to slate Griff and Forster who have been terrific for us. Bizarre! 

Edited by slasher

C’mon, Macy v Slasher is the only show in town....... a bit inevitable after years of dominance for one wee slip up to set the natives off...... the centre of gravity changes and it’s all, well, just a bit different. Truth is one bad performance against a mid range European team doesn’t mean yer done...... another wake up call, maybe just bad timing against Copenhagen rather than Livi.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think rangers woupd beat conpenhagen

Celtic should have had them buried in the first leg and by all accounts by HT last night.  No easy game at this stage etc but the way Gerrard sets us up in Europe, first hour at home against Braga aside, I'd be quietly confident of going through should we draw them.  I've a feeling we'll get one of the bigger teams though.

Not a Celtic fan, but went with my son who had a spare ticket - he was over in his wee "North Curve" bit, I was right next to the away fans (who where fckn superb btw) my take on the game was Celtic huffed and puffed, defended like my team (Clyde), where the better team in the first half, but made too many basic mistakes, Rogic was pish and James Forrest certainly isn't the bravest of players both on  the ball and physically (or as someone sat next to me repeated all night "He's a wee fuckin shitebag" 

Their fans will have sore throats this morning !!

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

A has been? Ffs he's been playing well since his return in the two up front and showed more tonight in 20 mins or so than the rest of them did the whole game.

Did he? Did he touch the ball in those twenty minutes? I'm not sure he did.