This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 182 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Sorry, I’d misunderstood, I gather he is offered a 2 match ban starting tonight, if they don’t accept that, hearing on Thursday, so would be able to play tonight.

Apparently they are going to appeal.

:lol:

If they do appeal, SFA surely have to make a stand and increase ban....

Probably rescind it:lol:

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye, you'll get a RedTV stream (the commentators are arseholes).

Cheers!

Ive watched our games on Rangers and Celtic TV (and sky), so I’m prepared for the worst.

The club TV commentary can be quite funny.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Cheers!

Ive watched our games on Rangers and Celtic TV (and sky), so I’m prepared for the worst.

The club TV commentary can be quite funny.

They're not as bad as the Rangers TV guy or Tom Boyd on Celtic TV right enough :lol: 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Think that's mandatory for any club TV channel!

What I was thinking too. The last time I saw the Rangers TV it was Peter Martin and he annoyed the fuck out of me and I'm a Hun! 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Think that's mandatory for any club TV channel!

The commentator on St. Mirren TV is actually quite good, but the summariser guy is an absolute fanny. Every time we score (which I appreciate has been a slightly rarer occurrence this season compared to last), he sounds like he's in the throes of the vinegar strokes! It's feckin embarrassing. And every goal regardless of it's quality gets met with "What a goal!!!!".

59 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Was it because he’s not?

If he isn't he was really good at pretending. He is also a shite commentator. I prefer balanced folk to cheerleaders. I'm odd that way. 

57 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If he isn't he was really good at pretending. He is also a shite commentator. I prefer balanced folk to cheerleaders. I'm odd that way. 

Peter Martin is about as far from a hun as you can get. Are you sure it wasn’t Tom Miller? He does most of the RTV commentary and they both have the same high pitched squeak. 

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Sorry, I’d misunderstood, I gather he is offered a 2 match ban starting tonight, if they don’t accept that, hearing on Thursday, so would be able to play tonight.

Apparently they are going to appeal.

If they do appeal, SFA surely have to make a stand and increase ban....

They have appealed.

Can understand that, it was a borderline call.

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They have appealed.

Can understand that, it was a borderline call.

I can understand (all) teams exploiting the loopholes.  I'd question why they can't review the incident and have the hearing within 72 hours of the game finishing.  It seems they had a meeting as the Hearts bit got his appeal upheld so why could they not have done Sunday's game at the same time?

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I can understand (all) teams exploiting the loopholes.  I'd question why they can't review the incident and have the hearing within 72 hours of the game finishing.  It seems they had a meeting as the Hearts bit got his appeal upheld so why could they not have done Sunday's game at the same time?

Because Rangers want Kent available for tonight’s game. 

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Yeah, not sure why it couldn’t have been dealt with yesterday? Although Ikpeazu was appealing a decision from Saturday, Kent was dealt with at the same time, offered the 2 match ban yesterday, and suppose they have to give Rangers time to appeal...

The SFA have to give him at least 3 games now for absolutely ripping the pish out the system.

Other teams don’t tend to do it, as it costs money and often good appeals get thrown out.

I have to confess that prior to Sunday, I thought Kent was a really good player and seemed to have the correct attitude. Was this some sort of aberration.  He just seemed to release his inner Hun from nowhere  😂😂 

Edited by Jim Beem

Freak goal for Aberdeen.

Big looping cross that creeped in the top corner somehow.

Motherwell playing ok, but it’s mostly been in front of Aberdeen, they’ve cut us open too many times.

Great through ball and well taken goal from Hastie to equalise.

Motherwell still got every chance here, hopefully get Cadden on for Aryibi early in 2nd half.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Freak goal for Aberdeen.

Big looping cross that creeped in the top corner somehow.

Motherwell playing ok, but it’s mostly been in front of Aberdeen, they’ve cut us open too many times.

Great through ball and well taken goal from Hastie to equalise.

Motherwell still got every chance here, hopefully get Cadden on for Aryibi early in 2nd half.

Behave yersel, it was a perfectly angled shot into the far corner 😂😂

Thought Aberdeen let Motherwell come onto them far too much after going 1 up and it wasn’t a very comfortable night. Great goal by Mcginn to finish it off though. 

Any news on the keeper? Never good seeing someone stretchered off after a collision like that.