This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

38 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

I don't think he's making light of the injury rather than the reaction of the player afterwards.  To put it in context;  It's conveniently forgotten about that Cardoso did the very same to Moult in the same game.  Moult dusted himself off, scored 2 goals, won us the game and we played in a cup final.  Cardoso moaned about his wee bump to anyone who would listen instead and has eventually ended up back in obscurity in Portugal.

I applaud Gerrard's comments today regarding it.  It's a daft situation that has escalated beyond all reasonable control with him accepting an apology, having a private discussion with our gaffer (who has given Pete a dressing down by all accounts) and advising everyone to move on.

Yes, although he shouldn’t have gone there, and that’s not how it came out his mouth, that’s the point he would’ve been trying to make.

I wish he’d clarified that rather than his half arsed apology, but I’d imagine he didn’t want to dig a deeper hole for himself.

The media backlash and Ryan Bowman witch hunt were unbelievable and went on for nearly a fortnight after that game, with the near identical challenge on Moult completely swept under the carpet.

On the game itself, as BremnerLorimer... says, we don’t seem to have settled on our best 11 and are missing 3 players (Dunne, Tanner and Bowman) who would be in most folks team and have a couple of others not quite there yet in terms of fitness/form.

I’m hoping we can raise our game from the accies debacle and we do seem better suited to an underdog tag rather than taking the game to our opponents.

Our lack of pace at the back without Dunne and lack of goals with Main not quite firing is concerning.

It will be a decent test for Rangers though, as we don’t really know how good or bad these European teams are and beating St Mirren at Ibrox has convinced me “rangers are back”.

TV for me unfortunately, reckon the atmosphere will be good with the wee bit extra needle.

2 hours ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

True, the physical side is becoming less and less in Scotland. 

I don't think he's making light of the injury rather than the reaction of the player afterwards.  To put it in context;  It's conveniently forgotten about that Cardoso did the very same to Moult in the same game.  Moult dusted himself off, scored 2 goals, won us the game and we played in a cup final.  Cardoso moaned about his wee bump to anyone who would listen instead and has eventually ended up back in obscurity in Portugal.

I applaud Gerrard's comments today regarding it.  It's a daft situation that has escalated beyond all reasonable control with him accepting an apology, having a private discussion with our gaffer (who has given Pete a dressing down by all accounts) and advising everyone to move on.

I expect Rangers to win comfortably on Sunday(as they should do given their outlay on players) as we aren't at the races at all this season with our starting XI not defined by any means, injuries and out of form players, but we can always pull a result out the bag against anyone at Fir Park.

I agree with just about everything you've said. It was a silly thing to say especially for a club captain, although these days I'm not sure they fulfil the role like they used to. 

Not seen anything of Motherwell yet, so will be interesting to see how it goes. If we can win, even reasonably comfortably, then I'll maybe start to believe some of the hyperbole around Gerrard a tiny wee bit. 

35 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I agree with just about everything you've said. It was a silly thing to say especially for a club captain, although these days I'm not sure they fulfil the role like they used to. 

Not seen anything of Motherwell yet, so will be interesting to see how it goes. If we can win, even reasonably comfortably, then I'll maybe start to believe some of the hyperbole around Gerrard a tiny wee bit. 

I disagree RB and Bremner.  I think a wee bit of controversy is a good thing in our game.  A bit of needle etc as long as it is friendly enough.  Remember it is rugby that gentlemen watch.  We watch fitba so I like a bit of an edge to a game.  Makes it more interesting.  By the way, the chat on here is a lot better again in my opinion and glad the Board didn't die.  Or would it be resurrected Scotty??? Happy Friday.  Anyone got a decent joke for today although in wrong forum!

19 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Please for him. I really hope this is the start of him getting close to the player we all hoped he would be. 

Aye. Fingers crossed. A good season at us if he screws the head might get him his bigger move. We’ll see.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Was doing a bit a grafting round the house today turned on radio Scotland for jobs - Aberdeen and it was Killie  - Hearts instead, an odd decision to say the least.

Hearts are top of the league just now. 

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

After 3 games, admittedly including a victory against Celtic.

On paper Hibs v Aberdeen was surely a clear Match of the day/weekend?

I agree with you, just pointing out that there was also some justification for covering the jam tarts. 

Big test today after Thursday, and expect to see a couple of changes.

Barasic in at left back and possibly Halliday in the middle, unless Coulibably is given a run out.  

Lafferty to be given the nod to give Morelos a rest.

Still undefeated under Stevie G, and while I expect to lose a game sometime I'm quietly confident it won't be today.  

2-1 Rangers.  

48 minutes ago, Debian said:

Big test today after Thursday, and expect to see a couple of changes.

Barasic in at left back and possibly Halliday in the middle, unless Coulibably is given a run out.  

Lafferty to be given the nod to give Morelos a rest.

Still undefeated under Stevie G, and while I expect to lose a game sometime I'm quietly confident it won't be today.  

2-1 Rangers.  

Unvincibels. 

Not looking forward to this today, it's Sunday, I'm gonna get soaked,  it's Hamilton and you can't deny there's a feeling of exasperation with the board which no doubt the players and management are aware of.

Only interesting aspect of today is a friend of a friend who's got his ear to the ground at Celtic and says Boyata is playing, which is good. The Celtic Da's won't be happy and I'd imagine the greatest fans in the world will boo him in a pantomime stylie, so that should be fun.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Not looking forward to this today, it's Sunday, I'm gonna get soaked,  it's Hamilton and you can't deny there's a feeling of exasperation with the board which no doubt the players and management are aware of.

Only interesting aspect of today is a friend of a friend who's got his ear to the ground at Celtic and says Boyata is playing, which is good. The Celtic Da's won't be happy and I'd imagine the greatest fans in the world will boo him in a pantomime stylie, so that should be fun.

Drama queens!!  But that's what makes fitba great Mox.  Pish day for football. Might be a leveller for Well or Hamilton and don't mean that in disrespect.  Will test the foriegn 'superstars' of Rangers and Celtic.