This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Sounded like a cracker at Easter Road

You would think that but in reality Hibs were really poor.  Rested a few but we Looked really lightweight in midfield.  Two great goals from Mallan (who seems to only score peaches) and Horgan (new Irish international signing).

bloody typical though, Hibsed it with an injury time goal to win 3-2.

4 hours ago, Debian said:

So your post before was shite then.  Cheers 👍

Yes I was wrong what I should have said was.....mwhat a team, saint Stevie the pope lover has put together, Europa league must be theres, all the big teams will be shiting it.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

You would think that but in reality Hibs were really poor.  Rested a few but we Looked really lightweight in midfield.  Two great goals from Mallan (who seems to only score peaches) and Horgan (new Irish international signing).

bloody typical though, Hibsed it with an injury time goal to win 3-2.

So gutted you boys have him now and you’re not wrong about him scoring crackers. Feast yer mince pies on some of these beauties. 

22 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Yes I was wrong what I should have said was.....mwhat a team, saint Stevie the pope lover has put together, Europa league must be theres, all the big teams will be shiting it.

Why does this matter to you?

Edited by Mitre

Better team won yesterday, have no complaints.

On another note, that was the worst I think I can ever remember the Huns support in terms of bigotry getting sung en masse.

Spent 90 mins singing about No Pope of Rome, UVF, Bobby Sands etc etc, with the odd song about Morelos/Gerrard.

I honestly don't know how "normal" Rangers fans can associate themselves with those mutants and it's certainly not a minority.

17 hours ago, GRBear said:

Bitter Kilmarnock fans on here today 😂.

Rangers are getting better with every game. It's a joy to watch the bears this season playing nice football and back to disposing of diddy teams.

Edit to say - that pitch is truly awful and has no place in top flight football. 

I didn't think Rangers were that great to be honest, we were rank rotten and all three goals, particularly the first 2 were total gifts.

Can only beat what's in front of you I suppose but we were very, very poor which is unusual for us under Clarke.

14 hours ago, Mitre said:

Why does this matter to you?

Because im sad to not be a peeeepuul

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I didn't think Rangers were that great to be honest, we were rank rotten and all three goals, particularly the first 2 were total gifts.

Can only beat what's in front of you I suppose but we were very, very poor which is unusual for us under Clarke.

Dont say that, i got slated for saying they were shite, killie gifted them the first 2 and pretty much did fuck all and let them play for the 3rd. I wouldnt be that excited or impressed if i were a rangers fan. Killie were poor as you said, should have flung on another attacker at 2-1 and gone for it.

8 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Because im sad to not be a peeeepuul

Dont say that, i got slated for saying they were shite, killie gifted them the first 2 and pretty much did fuck all and let them play for the 3rd. I wouldnt be that excited or impressed if i were a rangers fan. Killie were poor as you said, should have flung on another attacker at 2-1 and gone for it.

Killie already had two attackers on - Kris Boyd.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

On another note, that was the worst I think I can ever remember the Huns support in terms of bigotry getting sung en masse.

Spent 90 mins singing about No Pope of Rome, UVF, Bobby Sands etc etc, with the odd song about Morelos/Gerrard.

I honestly don't know how "normal" Rangers fans can associate themselves with those mutants and it's certainly not a minority.

It’s almost like they’ve been getting away with it for years and just keep pushing the boundaries of how bigoted they can be.

They've definitely come back worse.

3 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

The love to hate for Rangers on here is absolutely glorious.

The rangers are back and 90% of the folk on here are absolutely spewing. GIRFUY

I don’t believe you’re a real rangers fan, there’s not one sectarian insult in your post.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Better team won yesterday, have no complaints.

I presume you were sitting close to the Moffat stand as that was certainly not the case for the Chadwick stand and while there was the occaisonal round of unacceptable songs to say that is all we sang about for 90 minutes is not the case. The majority of the game (at least in this stand) we were singing about Morelos, we're on our way, every Saturday we follow, Blue sea of Ibrox with the last 10 minutes alternating between Super Ally and calling Chris Sutton a wanker.

23 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I presume you were sitting close to the Moffat stand as that was certainly not the case for the Chadwick stand and while there was the occaisonal round of unacceptable songs to say that is all we sang about for 90 minutes is not the case. The majority of the game (at least in this stand) we were singing about Morelos, we're on our way, every Saturday we follow, Blue sea of Ibrox with the last 10 minutes alternating between Super Ally and calling Chris Sutton a wanker.

Don't talk pish.  It was solely 90 minutes of 'Die Die, Catholics Die' 👍

The 'unacceptable' songs are still about but it is nowhere as bad as it was 10 years ago.  Even in the 2 seasons we've been up its slowly getting there.  A LONG way to go though before/if it's eradicated.  

29 minutes ago, Debian said:

The 'unacceptable' songs are still about but it is nowhere as bad as it was 10 years ago.  Even in the 2 seasons we've been up its slowly getting there.  A LONG way to go though before/if it's eradicated.  

I would say it was definitely improving pre 2012 but has deteriorated again and is as bad as ever.

They’ve all but cut out Hullo Hullo, but that’s it.

Id presumed a combination of sneaking under the radar in leagues 1&2 and a sense of injustice (chip on shoulder) had resulted in an increase.

You don’t hear it at Ibrox, but large away supports like at Killie or Fir Park highlight the fact it’s a sizeable “minority”.

Maybe I’m just more aware of it rather than it being any worse, but I don’t think it’s better now than 10 years ago.

I always find the song “the only tune that I can play, is FTP and the IRA” quite ironic.

Edited by sbcmfc

46 minutes ago, Debian said:

It'll never be eradicated as the fans won't allow it and the club has no intention to.

Yesterday's strip being perfect example. pander to bigots = ££

27 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I would say it was definitely improving pre 2012 but has deteriorated again and is as bad as ever.

They’ve all but cut out Hullo Hullo, but that’s it.

Id presumed a combination of sneaking under the radar in leagues 1&2 and a sense of injustice (chip on shoulder) had resulted in an increase.

You don’t hear it at Ibrox, but large away supports like at Killie or Fir Park highlight the fact it’s a sizeable “minority”.

Maybe I’m just more aware of it rather than it being any worse, but I don’t think it’s better now than 10 years ago.

I always find the song “the only tune that I can play, is FTP and the IRA” quite ironic.

It's full on "fuck the pope and the IRA" mode in games vs Aberdeen at ibrox too. The "you don't hear it at Ibrox" line is a complete lie. 

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's full on "fuck the pope and the IRA" mode in games vs Aberdeen at ibrox too. The "you don't hear it at Ibrox" line is a complete lie. 

It was certainly full on at Pittodrie the other week, the complete works (wasn't a minority either). Love how we get the announcement saying it won't be tolerated before kick-off then it's completely tolerated for 90 minutes. You'd think they might have football songs to sing this season as they seem to have a better team.

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

From memory x3 fuck the pope and 2x fuck bobby sands he's deid.  The full Moffat stand were singing it, don't know about Chadwick. 

It was hateful bigotry sung by the majority of rangers fans in attendance. 

You can pretend otherwise, but it's the truth.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

20 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

From memory x3 fuck the pope and 2x fuck bobby sands he's deid.  The full Moffat stand were singing it, don't know about Chadwick. 

It was hateful bigotry sung by the majority of rangers fans in attendance. 

You can pretend otherwise, but it's the truth.

I wasn't pretending otherwise and said that such songs were sung. You mention 5 instances of songs that were sung. That is a long way from non-stop 90 minutes.