league cup - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

More and more fans are losing faith in his tactical nous, I’ve been saying it for a couple of years and people called me a spoilt idiot, but they can now see where I’m coming from. We seem to be going backwards where rangers, hearts, Hibs & Killie are going forwards. 

His dealings in the transfer market have been shoddy at best with only passmarks for a handful of players. 

Everyone and their dog can see Considine is on the decline and has never been a left back, so he went out and got one on loan, then doesn’t always play him. 

Outwith Rooney, his strikers have been horrendous throughout the 5 years or so we’ve had him. 

I hate criticising my team, but there’s a time when the blinkers have to come off and see it for what it is. 

I appreciate your honesty. 

32 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Rangers are playing in the SPL ..Fact

Rangers are playing in a league that no longer exists? 

Not doing your argument any favours there :lol: 

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

I haven't made this public previously, but which Dandy was the first fan to shake Lewis Ferguson's hand and congratulate him after his overhead goal in Burnley?

Hint: He flew to the game (without a ticket) from another continent and still managed to be in attendance.

:lol:

Sorry Scotty, but if you want to be considered for Hero status you'll need to at least match Big Ramy's exploits and swim through shark infested waters, to get there.

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sorry Scotty, but if you want to be considered for Hero status you'll need to at least match Big Ramy's exploits and swim through shark infested waters, to get there.

😂😂

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/a-defence-of-aberdeen-fans-after-betfred-cup-semi-final-snub-1-4817409

oh oh, warning this article contains some balanced reporting which some viewers, particularly OF fans may not like.

Can’t really disagree with anything said there. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/a-defence-of-aberdeen-fans-after-betfred-cup-semi-final-snub-1-4817409

oh oh, warning this article contains some balanced reporting which some viewers, particularly OF fans may not like.

I actually disagreed with a few points in the article tbh but that was the quotes from Derek Ferguson and Michael Stuart. It's refreshing to read a balanced piece of reporting which seem to be few and far between. They wonder why circulation numbers are in free fall, granted online news etc are a major contributor but they are accelerating their own downfall by writing sensationalist pieces, taking quotes of context and ridiculous click bait titles.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

You sure you’re a rangers fan??😂😂

I don’t think the issue people have is with Aberdeen not selling a lot of tickets. It’s with then stamping their feet to get a certain amount and then not selling them, or even coming close by the looks of it. The article is balanced in what it says but doesn’t really touch on that side of it. 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Read it last night - Better, but it goes no where near far enough

Here's the 'flip side' sent to me this morning - Apologies for the link........

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3372778/aberdeen-semi-final-tickets-sorry-standing-scottish-football-kris-boyd/#comments

Why do the majority of people associated with Kilmarnock talk such continual tosh  ?

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don’t think the issue people have is with Aberdeen not selling a lot of tickets. It’s with then stamping their feet to get a certain amount and then not selling them, or even coming close by the looks of it. The article is balanced in what it says but doesn’t really touch on that side of it. 

Look at the chain of events for a minute FB

1/ The initial draw and subsequent shambles attempting to favour 2 teams only

2/ 'Previous' in relation to McKenna, Devlin v Morelos (SFA granted)

3/ AFC up until this point have been spineless, then quite rightly ask for a 50% split as it's supposed to be neutral

4/ That request was brushed away with 'If you sell the initial allocation you can then have access to your share of the NS' - Totaling just more than 20,000 (Not 50%)

5/ AFC keep pushing (Better later than never) to the point that the SPFL 'HAVE' to admit that it's not possible because they had already given Rangers 26000

6/ That is quickly followed up with - 'Oh, by the way, we lied about your equal share of the NS tickets as Rangers have those too'

The above is corrupt, and blatantly favours (Sorry, continues to favour) Rangers

It is at that point our support 'turned' however, the club persisted with the 'we want more tickets,' when in reality the baw was already burst for many

Had AFC went to town with the SPFL publicly then, I doubt we'd all be having this conversation.

It's been coming for a while and our support is completely fractured, with a significant amount refusing to fund cheating

What AFC do about it (In my view this needs to be seen publicly) next is extremely important for the club and the fans 

42 minutes ago, Redz said:

Read it last night - Better, but it goes no where near far enough

Here's the 'flip side' sent to me this morning - Apologies for the link........

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3372778/aberdeen-semi-final-tickets-sorry-standing-scottish-football-kris-boyd/#comments

Why do the majority of people associated with Kilmarnock talk such continual tosh  ?

As I've said, Boyd is all about controversy nowadays. Its all he has, anyone who goes out of their way to be controversial is a dick head IMO. He clearly doesn't like Aberdeen and he writes that article with his rangers brain on because its not killie fans he's aiming for here. He is endearing himself to the mutants among the rangers support.

as always he fails miserably - Hearts have shifted 23K, well done to them but they have to jump across the road for their match. I wonder, would Hearts, Celtic or Rangers sell out if they had to travel to a National stadium in Aberdeen.....................and would Aberdeen have sold their 20K if the game was in Aberdeen. There have been instances where both Celtic and Rangers have failed to sell out Hampden for a semi final in their own City. Boyd even admits Hearts are playing in their own back yard but still thinks his point is valid.  He really is a thick cunt but the mutants will lap this up as if its gospel

It really does show how sad scottish football has become when one of the main broadcasters and a so called national newspaper go to this guy for his opinions. Even talksport have started using him - beyond baffling

Finally, its incredibly unprofessional for a current player to use his column to continuously attack one club like he does. If I were killie fan I would want this cunt out of my club quickly

Edited by vanderark14

22 hours ago, Orraloon said:

A poor man's 'Jason Todd' to my 'Batman'.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Let's face it, they've not had much of back catalogue to search through from the past 25 years.

We've only met 9 times in two and a bit seasons.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Or more accurately...  The Aberdeen Board "fought hard” on behalf of their supporters to receive as close to a 50-50 split as possible - only for their fans to turn round and say “thanks for fighting our corner, but we’re still not that fussed about going”.

2 hours ago, Redz said:

Look at the chain of events for a minute FB

1/ The initial draw and subsequent shambles attempting to favour 2 teams only

2/ 'Previous' in relation to McKenna, Devlin v Morelos (SFA granted)

3/ AFC up until this point have been spineless, then quite rightly ask for a 50% split as it's supposed to be neutral

4/ That request was brushed away with 'If you sell the initial allocation you can then have access to your share of the NS' - Totaling just more than 20,000 (Not 50%)

5/ AFC keep pushing (Better later than never) to the point that the SPFL 'HAVE' to admit that it's not possible because they had already given Sevco 26000

6/ That is quickly followed up with - 'Oh, by the way, we lied about your equal share of the NS tickets as Rangers have those too'

The above is corrupt, and blatantly favours (Sorry, continues to favour) Sevco

It is at that point our support 'turned' however, the club persisted with the 'we want more tickets,' when in reality the baw was already burst for many

Had AFC went to town with the SPFL publicly then, I doubt we'd all be having this conversation.

It's been coming for a while and our support is completely fractured, with a significant amount refusing to fund cheating

What AFC do about it (In my view this needs to be seen publicly) next is extremely important for the club and the fans 

A very good summary.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:32 AM, dandydunn said:

More and more fans are losing faith in his tactical nous, I’ve been saying it for a couple of years and people called me a spoilt idiot, but they can now see where I’m coming from. We seem to be going backwards where rangers, hearts, Hibs & Killie are going forwards. 

TBF, it's easily been the worst run of injuries and suspensions in McInnes' time with us.

His dealings in the transfer market have been shoddy at best with only passmarks for a handful of players. 

James Wilson and Max Lowe are good additions.

Devlin and Cosgrove were signed with this season in mind.

Youth given game time... Anderson, Campbell, McLellan, Ross (Wright and Ferguson)

Everyone and their dog can see Considine is on the decline and has never been a left back...

Under-rated and under-appreciated.

Outwith Rooney, his strikers have been horrendous throughout the 5 years or so we’ve had him. 

Rooney was our main man, but we're capable of scoring from many more positions now.

And although I agree with you, lets see what a healthy Wilson can do.

I hate criticising my team, but there’s a time when the blinkers have to come off and see it for what it is. 

It can be difficult at times when one is as emotionally invested as we are.