Scottish player transfers - Page 221 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

34 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Paper talk that Ac Millan are interested in David Turnbull who is out of contract at end of season. 

Some bottom half EPL teams interested in Lewis ferguson. 

From the Scotsman.

Not that far until January. 

Weren't Juventus interested in Ferguson too? Bottom half of Epl or Juve, I know which one I'd be opting for. And it's not the dregs of the self proclaimed 'Best league in the world' 

Edited by todd

Apparently a number of sides want Brighton midfielder marc leonard 21 on loan at Northampton has been a stand out in league 1 and was in league 2 last year, Brighton do not want to sell, could be moved to the Championship on loan in Jan Cardiff and Swansea really pushing for the deal apparently. 

On 12/1/2023 at 6:26 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Paper talk that Ac Millan are interested in David Turnbull who is out of contract at end of season. 

Some bottom half EPL teams interested in Lewis ferguson. 

From the Scotsman.

Not that far until January. 

I like Turnbull but going from Celtic's bench to AC Milan is a bit of a stretch!

Ferguson would be better off staying put than going to some bottom half EPL team.

• 3 weeks later...

Today's Havers I've read are McKenna to Celtic and Josh Doig to Rangers.

First seems possible, could be good move

Second doesn't seem Plausible, but could be a decent move for Doig, 

However it's the start of the January Havering window.

4 minutes ago, stocky said:

Today's Havers I've read are McKenna to Celtic and Josh Doig to Rangers.

First seems possible, could be good move

Second doesn't seem Plausible, but could be a decent move for Doig, 

However it's the start of the January Havering window.

McKenna to Celtic would be a good move for all concerned (Celtic love an EPL cast-off but their fanbase will be unenthused at best by this one, solely on account of his nationality).

Doig would be better staying put, unless his move to Rangers is just temporary; I understand he's not played much for Verona of late. (Again, though, getting a Serie A player, even on loan, would usually be enough to get the hordes in Ibrox excited but they'd turn their noses up at this one, despite Doig already more than proving himself in the SPFL).

“McKenna to Celtic would be a good move for all concerned”

Not so sure about this, as Celtic are out of Europe, he’d only be playing domestic games. At this stage, just getting him playing games would be good, but would like to think a lower ranked Premiership team or decent Championship side might fancy him.

Can't see a team in the EPL going for McKenna unfortunately. He was linked with a move to Turkey for quite a while.

Apparently Rangers have made contact about Doig but it's thought they'd be priced out of a move for him as Verona are said to want at least £5.5mil

15 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Paper talk today that Arsenal could recall Tierney because Zinchenko is injured. Would prefer him to stay in Spain personally where he seems to be first pick when fit

Noticed a lot of the arsenal fans on the bbc text want him recalled asap. Part of me wants him to tell Arteta to do one - blatantly not part of his fans long term and couldn’t have been  made more obvious last season.

17 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

“McKenna to Celtic would be a good move for all concerned”

Not so sure about this, as Celtic are out of Europe, he’d only be playing domestic games. At this stage, just getting him playing games would be good, but would like to think a lower ranked Premiership team or decent Championship side might fancy him.

"McKenna to Celtic would be a good move"....for Celtic. They are having a CB crisis and their stock of homegrown players is an embarrassment. If I were Celtic, I'd be making him priority number 1.

I'd much rather he was a regular in the EPL, but he could do far worse than Celtic.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

"McKenna to Celtic would be a good move"....for Celtic. They are having a CB crisis and their stock of homegrown players is an embarrassment. If I were Celtic, I'd be making him priority number 1.

I'd much rather he was a regular in the EPL, but he could do far worse than Celtic.

Agreed Tartan Blood, but only if it was for 6 months! 
McKenna contract up in the summer but going forward not good for Himself or Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Never been a fan of McKenna as I always thought of him as a bit of a bombscare with overrated attributes apart from his physicality.

He really doesn't look to be getting much of a game for Forrest at the moment. He really could do fan worse than a return to Scotland with the OF if he's looking to get in the squad

20 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Never been a fan of McKenna as I always thought of him as a bit of a bombscare with overrated attributes apart from his physicality.

He really doesn't look to be getting much of a game for Forrest at the moment. He really could do fan worse than a return to Scotland with the OF if he's looking to get in the squad

Frozen out a Forest due to refusal to sign a new contract.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

6 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Teams must be looking at David Watson from Killie. 18 years old and an absolute baller in the middle of the park

Thankfully under contract for a while yet. Best I've seen come through since naisy.  Stlll not good enough tor Scot Gemmell though

6 hours ago, syecosse said:

Rob Apter 20 winger has been recalled to Blackpool from Tranmere, 21 apps 6 goals, was player of the month league 2, fans at Tranmere loved him. 

Interesting to see how he deals with the step up.

Also thanks for the update on Kerr Smith, new contract means Villa rate him & it looks like Levein or someone from St. Johnstone also does. Wouldn't be signing him if they didn't think he is ready to play regularly at spl level. Be watching him with interest for the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thankfully under contract for a while yet. Best I've seen come through since naisy.  Stlll not good enough tor Scot Gemmell though

Surely if he keeps starting & standing out for Killie Gemmill can't ignore him come the next squad.

4 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Surely if he keeps starting & standing out for Killie Gemmill can't ignore him come the next squad.

Maybe better for him if he avoids all contact with Gemmills style of football.

8 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Interesting to see how he deals with the step up.

Also thanks for the update on Kerr Smith, new contract means Villa rate him & it looks like Levein or someone from St. Johnstone also does. Wouldn't be signing him if they didn't think he is ready to play regularly at spl level. Be watching him with interest for the rest of the season.

Villa have vast resources. They will keep most young talent on regardless of whether they rate them highly or not. Obviously if they think they are rubbish they will let a kid know but it makes business sense to keep as many prospects on as possible as the rewards for one breaking through are massive.

Ie if they have 100 youth players they might only rate about 5 as 9 or 10/10 potential but they will keep all the 6/10s on aswell because at that age one of them might develop late and become a star. The wage these guys are on wont be high either.

Its good that he will get some game time at St Johnstone though. Hopefully does well and gains some experience.