Scottish player transfers - Page 216 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

6 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

McTominay was captain in a recent friendly. I don’t see why he needs to move. He’ll probably start 20 games next season and play in 35. He’s doing great for us and it’s probably in our interests that things stay the same. I don’t know if Neil Lennon permanently wrecked Tierney or if he is capable of playing a full season. He’s currently sensational for us so I’m not too bothered about that one either. 

I wouldnt pay too much attention to who is captain in a friendly where an entirely different team plays the 2nd half.

McTominay is in a better position than Tierney as Tierney doesnt suit the style and was 4th choice left back prior to Timbers season ending injury but even 3rd choice LB wont get much game time.

Personally I think McTominay is good enough to play for Urd but they keep playing him as a defensive mid which he isnt. If he was allowed to just play as a number 8 then he would do well. Problem with that is Mount and Eriksen are both ahead of him. (Neither are better players at this point in their careers imo)

30 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Spot on.  For the last time we do not want him playing every week.

Well if Tierney did sign for Newcastle I don't think he'd play every game due to them being in the Champions League so there would be some squad rotation especially as, according to press reports, Newcastle are hesitant to buy outright due to his history of injuries.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well if Tierney did sign for Newcastle I don't think he'd play every game due to them being in the Champions League so there would be some squad rotation especially as, according to press reports, Newcastle are hesitant to buy outright due to his history of injuries.

Tierney to Newcastle is a non starter now as theyre signing Lewis Hall from Chelsea instead

9 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Spot on.  For the last time we do not want him playing every week.

We dont want Tierney playing every week however we dont need him playing sometimes. Last season was perfect with him starting some games and getting 15 odd minutes in most games.

However a 3rd or 4th choice left back isnt going to get that. He didnt even make the squad for the opening game of the season and that was with the 1st choice LB not available.

Che Adams to Everton would be ideal. In fact if I was to choose an EPL team for him it would be them.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

We dont want Tierney playing every week however we dont need him playing sometimes. Last season was perfect with him starting some games and getting 15 odd minutes in most games.

However a 3rd or 4th choice left back isnt going to get that. He didnt even make the squad for the opening game of the season and that was with the 1st choice LB not available.

Interesting to read Arsenal forums about the KT situation. Unanimous opinion is that he's their best left back and massive sympathy for him from their fans.

12 hours ago, csinclair said:

Welsh has signed a new contract at Celtic. Was sure he’d be on the move this summer. Can only imagine Rodger’s has promised him some game time

Rodgers is a smart man that knows you need a large squad for Europe, so holding on to as many homegrown players as he can makes sense. Hence giving game time to Turnbull and Ralston as well. 

But the only way Welsh is getting any game time at Celtic is if there is an injury crisis. It feels like the same situation as Robbie McRorie at Rangers. They should both leave the old firm and make a career for themselves.

I really hope Fraser goes to Celtic. Scotland could still use a player with his skillset. Basically until Doak is ready.

Edited by Tartan blood

6 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Everton have bid 12m for Che Adams. Be good if he stayed in the EPL 

I think hes already 3 in 3 in the championship so hes probably too good for that level. Saying that saints will probably go straight back up especially if adams stays so I wouldn't be totally against him staying there.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:25 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Che Adams to Everton would be ideal. In fact if I was to choose an EPL team for him it would be them.

7 hours ago, noctonjock said:

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think hes already 3 in 3 in the championship so hes probably too good for that level. Saying that saints will probably go straight back up especially if adams stays so I wouldn't be totally against him staying there.

Re. Che Adams... I don't know if true or not, but I am led to believe Southampton have rejected at least 5 bids this summer.

And this evening, the local newspaper down here is reporting another rejected bid with Russel Martin saying “We rejected a bid for Che and we will see what happens now. He’s not kicking the door down to leave and neither is Nathan, I think they are both enjoying themselves. If it ends up happening because it’s good for us and it’s good for them, then we will have to replace them. They are playing like they want to be here, they train like they do and they act like they do, that’s all I can ask for."

Based on the past couple of years, I don't think Adams is good enough for the Premier League. Well, not if you want someone to bang in goals. i suspect the Championship is better for him. 

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Re. Che Adams... I don't know if true or not, but I am led to believe Southampton have rejected at least 5 bids this summer.

And this evening, the local newspaper down here is reporting another rejected bid with Russel Martin saying “We rejected a bid for Che and we will see what happens now. He’s not kicking the door down to leave and neither is Nathan, I think they are both enjoying themselves. If it ends up happening because it’s good for us and it’s good for them, then we will have to replace them. They are playing like they want to be here, they train like they do and they act like they do, that’s all I can ask for."

Based on the past couple of years, I don't think Adams is good enough for the Premier League. Well, not if you want someone to bang in goals. i suspect the Championship is better for him. 

Yeh everybody knows adams isnt a heavy goalscorer at epl level but hes a good second striker. Imo hes easily good enough for the epl but if he has to spend a season helping saints get promoted then thats not the worst option. He will definitely be back in the epl next season wether thats with saints or another club.

Everton wont be buying adams with the expectation that he will score lots of goals. 

26 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh everybody knows adams isnt a heavy goalscorer at epl level but hes a good second striker. Imo hes easily good enough for the epl but if he has to spend a season helping saints get promoted then thats not the worst option. He will definitely be back in the epl next season wether thats with saints or another club.

Everton wont be buying adams with the expectation that he will score lots of goals. 

Saints in the Premier League? Then I sell Adams.

Saints in the Championship? Then I keep Adams.

Your bit in bold is is very true.

I've been saying for ages down here. Che Adams is not a centre forward. He's not a "number nine".

But I've watched a succession of Saints manager's play him as the main man when one of his team-mates should have been the main man with Che Adams doing the donkey work off of them.

I don't say that disparagingly. You need a team of violinist's and road-sweeper's and both are as important as the other.

But Che Adams one-on-one with a goalkeeper? If you could freeze that moment and get to the bookies before he shoots, don't back him to score FFS 

Edited by Rich NATA

3 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Saints in the Premier League? Then I sell Adams.

Saints in the Championship? Then I keep Adams.

Your bit in bold is is very true.

I've been saying for ages down here. Che Adams is not a centre forward. He's not a "number nine".

But I've watched a succession of Saints manager's play him as the main man when one of his team-mates should have been the main man with Che Adams doing the donkey work off of him.

I don't say that disparagingly. You need a team of violinist's and road-sweepers and both are as important as the other.

But Che Adams one-on-one with a goalkeeper? If you could freeze that moment and get to the bookies before he shoots, don't back him him to score FFS 

Yeh i agree with most of that but why would you sell adams if you are in the epl? He's a worthwhile player at that level and coming into the prime of his career. Theres a reason why loads of epl clubs are interested in him.

If he was played in the Premirr League the way I've said he should be, I'd probably keep him.

But if he's played in the way I've seen successive managers play him, I'd rather have someone else.

P.S  second half of last season I thought he looked a bit heavy and had lost a wee bit of pace. Haven't seen him in the flesh this season, yer.

8 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

If he was played in the Premirr League the way I've said he should be, I'd probably keep him.

But if he's played in the way I've seen successive managers play him, I'd rather have someone else.

P.S  second half of last season I thought he looked a bit heavy and had lost a wee bit of pace. Haven't seen him in the flesh this season, yer.

Is it a bit odd that he seems to come off the bench to score, rather than start for Southampton?

On 8/19/2023 at 11:53 AM, noctonjock said:

I watched Everton yesterday, I definitely hope he doesn't go there. What they need is a whole new defence - absolutely shocking. Adding a striker that can score 1 in 3 when you are conceding 3 or 4 a game is not going to end in anything but relegation.

1 hour ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I watched Everton yesterday, I definitely hope he doesn't go there. What they need is a whole new defence - absolutely shocking. Adding a striker that can score 1 in 3 when you are conceding 3 or 4 a game is not going to end in anything but relegation.

Patterson seems to be a bit of a target for some of the boo boys judging by some of the comments on their forums. Tough time coming into a club that is in such a mess However I'm confident that he will do well for us.