Scottish teams in Europe - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

How come Cyprus are suddenly half decent at football?  I know about Iceland and their indoor pitches and community coaches - what are Cyprus doing that we - a country 3 times larger, with the oldest football football tradition in the world and a couple of genuinely huge clubs - can't do?  

Just now, adamntg said:

How come Cyprus are suddenly half decent at football?  I know about Iceland and their indoor pitches and community coaches - what are Cyprus doing that we - a country 3 times larger, with the oldest football football tradition in the world and a couple of genuinely huge clubs - can't do?  

Money will be behind the improvement, I'd imagine.

I see Trakai got through again.

Maybe the St Johnstone result wasn't quite as bad as first thought?

Looking through the Europa League results tonight the stand out result would appear to be Galatasaray losing out to some Swedish team I've never heard of. 

I wonder if a couple of weeks ago, someone in Istanbul was saying "I cannae believe the Rangers lost to some plumbers from Luxembourg".  Probably not. 

3 hours ago, Marky said:

Looking through the Europa League results tonight the stand out result would appear to be Galatasaray losing out to some Swedish team I've never heard of. 

I wonder if a couple of weeks ago, someone in Istanbul was saying "I cannae believe the Rangers lost to some plumbers from Luxembourg".  Probably not. 

more likely they would have said "Rangers'ın Lüksemburg'dan bazı tesisatçılara kayıp olduğuna inanıyorum" ;) 

Stand Free.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Excellent result for Aberdeen. I didn't fancy them to do it. McInnes really is an excellent manager. Would love to see him at Rangers.

Whilst it was a good result, lets not get over excited here, they beat a team over two legs that they should have beaten.

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, Parklife said:

From the Scotland squad? He's good enough now IMO. A very competitive position though. 

True, but should be in the squad at least.  His 2nd half was outstanding.

46 minutes ago, Mox said:

Whilst it was a good result, lets not get over excited here, they beat a team over two legs that they should have beaten.

Usually I'd agree here but considering the recent results of scottish teams, being the away goal down, our performance in the last leg, I reckon this is an excellent result for us.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Great second half from Aberdeen, Christie is a class act.

Watched it in Sweeney's in Shawlands and place erupted for both goals. Was a few Aberdeen fans in but mainly locals!

I'm noticing that a lot of Celtic fans seem to be wanting us to be wishing us well. Can only assume this is as it gives them an extra stick to get it up the Huns :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm noticing that a lot of Celtic fans seem to be wanting us to be wishing us well. Can only assume this is as it gives them an extra stick to get it up the Huns :lol: 

10 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

While that is a nice bonus, I always support the Scottish teams in Europe with the exception of Rangers and Sevco.

Edit: no idea how I've managed to quote Larkhall permarager, was supposed to Be Parklife

Edited by Reevesy

19 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

While that is a nice bonus, I always support the Scottish teams in Europe with the exception of Rangers and Sevco.

Edit: no idea how I've managed to quote Larkhall permarager, was supposed to Be Parklife

Yip, same here........even the jambos! ?

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yip, same here........even the jambos! ?

Same here, although I am a lot less disappointed when they lose than I am when it's Aberdeen, St.Johnstone or Hibs ;)

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

If you think it's acceptable to have banners supporting an organisation that murdered almost 1700 people that's says more about you than my highlighting the issues says about me.

17 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

If you think it's acceptable to have banners supporting an organisation that murdered almost 1700 people that's says more about you than my highlighting the issues says about me.

This post was brought to you by a man wearing a 'help for heroes' wristband.

8 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

This post was brought to you by a man wearing a 'help for heroes' wristband.

Not to intrude on your wee spat with Larky but..... couldn't the club security staff vet GB banners pre match? That way if something slips through the net it's the GB's fault or if something causes a charge that has been passed the club would have to defend it? It would help sort the wee bit of discourse between a section of the fans and the club imo

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Not to intrude on your wee spat with Larky but..... couldn't the club security staff vet GB banners pre match? That way if something slips through the net it's the GB's fault or if something causes a charge that has been passed the club would have to defend it? It would help sort the wee bit of discourse between a section of the fans and the club imo

In my opinion the GB is a mixture of stupid wee boys and halfwits that think slipping references to the IRA into banners is a cunning plan. They don't reflect the wider Celtic support but their actions have an impact on them and why anyone with scintilla of intelligence to try to justify their antics is beyond me.