Scottish teams in Europe - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

Linfield have been fined €10k for the bottle throwing incident, but St Johnstone were fined €18k in 2014 for a Palestine fly being flown. Good to see UEFA have got their priorities right. :rolleyes:

What a joke. 10k will be a Decent amount in comparison budget wise but where the punishment fitting the crime? 

Whatever you think of Griffiths he could have been seriously injured and UEFA would have been partially responsible. This punishment is pathetic. 

Griffiths one match ban seems fair for the stupid scarf stunt. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Aye ok. I personally couldn't care less what the GB get up to. I have been shot many times at CP by snipers :-)

I can actually remember being shot at going into Celtic Park for an old firm game sometime around 1987 or 1988.   

It was from one of the flats in the street - Kerrydale St? - that had the turnstiles into the old away a end at the end.

It was only an air rifle but still.

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

Linfield have been fined €10k for the bottle throwing incident, but St Johnstone were fined €18k in 2014 for a Palestine fly being flown. Good to see UEFA have got their priorities right. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What a joke. 10k will be a Decent amount in comparison budget wise but where the punishment fitting the crime? 

Whatever you think of Griffiths he could have been seriously injured and UEFA would have been partially responsible. This punishment is pathetic. 

A slap on the wrist.

17 minutes ago, aaid said:

I can actually remember being shot at going into Celtic Park for an old firm game sometime around 1987 or 1988.   

It was from one of the flats in the street - Kerrydale St? - that had the turnstiles into the old away a end at the end.

Drama queen ?

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Chief said:
2 hours ago, Chief said:

If you don't see the IRA link in the Green Brigade's banners then to quote Nigel Pearson, "you're an ostrich."

:ok: He see's it fine.

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

Drama queen ?

Not at all, it happened.  As I said, an air rifle so it wasn't going to do any serious damage and the police lifted the dickhead pretty sharpish.  Gives you an idea of the intelligence to do something like that in those circumstances and think that you wont get lifted.

51 minutes ago, aaid said:

Shocking, what a poor shot.