Team for Slovenia - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Slovenia

er yir macaroon

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, macy37 said:

Paulo, another man happy with the turgidness.

We played alright tonight overall. Bottom line for me is i want to qualify for the world cup. If strachan is the man to take us there then I;ll be f*ckin delighted. Did you even watch the match, given the amount of greeting you did Id be surprised if you heed was ever up from your keyboard. Par for the course with you though, dont think you've ever made a positive comment.

4 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

We played alright tonight overall. Bottom line for me is i want to qualify for the world cup. If strachan is the man to take us there then I;ll be f*ckin delighted. Did you even watch the match, given the amount of greeting you did Id be surprised if you heed was ever up from your keyboard. Par for the course with you though, dont think you've ever made a positive comment.

And Armstrong was so crap  that he got MoM.

Edited by fringo

Just now, Paulo2576 said:

I did yes. Positives tonight? Certainly not the performance. Your standards are obviously low. 

They were dreadful, worse than dreadful yet we stumbled past them with a strike that 99% of keepers would have saved.

Papers over the cracks this. We are extremely poor and won't get 2nd spot but the happy clappers will continue to live in their cloud cuckoo land.

8 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Yes because that big fat diddy scoring means he will play again over Rhodes and Griffith's and we will be brilliant.

Its shite, didn't even celebrate, hate Strachan hate Martin and sadly we will see more of both now

Seriously....... How can you want them to lose?

We still have a chance............SACK THEM WHEN WE ARE OUT.

I understand all the issues (ive mentioned them all before).... but we could get 12pts from the next 5 games.....might be enough.

Tierney is such a talent, absolutely massive potential, big big player for us now and in the future for us - credit to Strachan for taking the gamble and putting him on the right. Armstrong disappeared slightly in the second half however popped up at the right time and created a bit of magic for us. All credit to Chris Martin tonight also, came onto the pitch greeted by boos (which I accept were probably directed at the manager for making the 'wrong' change in the eyes of the fans) however scored the winner. Anybody not happy with winning that because it 'keeps Strachan in the job' need to have a look at themselves. No matter what, you should always be behind your team to win when they step onto the park. Don't get me wrong, I want Strachan gone however, tonight he got it right and people need to appreciate that.

Our best performance since, emmm, ages ago! We were excellent in the first half but distinctly average 2nd. Slovenia came for 0-0 and almost got it. 

If we'd played like this vs Lithuania or Slovakia, we'd still be in with a real chance :( 

1 minute ago, MikeyGC said:

Tierney is such a talent, absolutely massive potential, big big player for us now and in the future for us - credit to Strachan for taking the gamble and putting him on the right. Armstrong disappeared slightly in the second half however popped up at the right time and created a bit of magic for us. All credit to Chris Martin tonight also, came onto the pitch greeted by boos (which I accept were probably directed at the manager for making the 'wrong' change in the eyes of the fans) however scored the winner. Anybody not happy with winning that because it 'keeps Strachan in the job' need to have a look at themselves. No matter what, you should always be behind your team to win when they step onto the park. Don't get me wrong, I want Strachan gone however, tonight he got it right and people need to appreciate that.

Good post.

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I did yes. Positives tonight? Certainly not the performance. Your standards are obviously low. 

They were dreadful, worse than dreadful yet we stumbled past them with a strike that 99% of keepers would have saved.

Papers over the cracks this. We are extremely poor and won't get 2nd spot but the happy clappers will continue to live in their cloud cuckoo land.

They were poor no doubt, but we beat them, and on another day it would've been more comfortable. If you can't take positives from tierney, robertson and armstrong and even mulgrew at centre half then you'll never be happy. Keep on hating though.

2 minutes ago, MikeyGC said:

Yup bang on - we now have England at Hampden - you don't get better incentive than that. Will my nerves cope  ? :P

And onto the next one.  In a sense I am glad that's its England, as the last few games there will be enough pressure on the squad needing to pick up more wins, its so hard just to be content and take one game at a time but its real hard not to look towards that last game away to Slovenia of monumental importance.  We need Slovakia to be closer to us than three points as they play Malta at home - that could guarantee them 2nd place. 

What's done is done in terms of dropped points already and that cannot be changed. 

7 minutes ago, MikeyGC said:

yep

Lets hope we get a strong defensive performance v England.............Strong defensively always gives you a chance.

Anyone not happy about keeping our slim hopes alive must be mental.

We have had 1 bad result(3poor perfomances) but only 1 unexpected result.

England have had 1

Slovakia have had 1.

So where is the big disaster?

Robertson was my man of the match but thought Tierney was decent too, as was Armstrong for large parts.

Forrest is a total waste of a jersey and whilst Griffiths' movement was ok you just can't miss chances like that one.

We must be the easiest team in the world to defend against as our lack of movement means the poor sod on the ball has no options.

5 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Robertson was my man of the match but thought Tierney was decent too, as was Armstrong for large parts.

Forrest is a total waste of a jersey and whilst Griffiths' movement was ok you just can't miss chances like that one.

We must be the easiest team in the world to defend against as our lack of movement means the poor sod on the ball has no options.

Correct... Forrest is a total waste of a jersey.   

Just now, Malcolm said:

Correct... Forrest is a total waste of a jersey.   

How long have we been saying that for...?  I'm sure he gives his best, but then again so would I.  Doesn't mean I should be picked!  Hopefully Phillips and Fraser can continue their good form and give us options out wide.

The team deserve a lot of credit for tonight's performance. Whilst Slovenia were surprisingly bad, a lot of praise has to go to our side. I had a bad feeling at the anthems spotting the size difference, but we were the best side on the park tonight.

Armstrong and Tierney were both excellent tonight. Especially Tierney for playing in a position he has no experience in. I thought Mulgrew although had little to do had a decent game as well. Forrest offered nothing and Snoddy has been off the pace for a while - another disappointing night from him.

We were fortunate with the goal but we deserved it thanks to the first-half. Robertson was excellent.

Overall very good and our best performance in god knows, two years? Just a shame it looks like its too late. No doubt there will be reinvested hope in the England game and at least it means something, but those Lithuania and Slovakia results will end up costing us big time.

As someone noted on another thread - is this our 'Ireland after losing at Parkhead' moment when O'Neill and Ireland seemed to turn the corner in our Euro group, I'd love it if it is, but I doubt it. Time will tell, I suppose.

Anyhoos, fair dues to the lads and the fans who stuck the faith! Certainly vindicated for now, and enjoy the night.

19 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Seriously....... How can you want them to lose?

We still have a chance............SACK THEM WHEN WE ARE OUT.

I understand all the issues (ive mentioned them all before).... but we could get 12pts from the next 5 games.....might be enough.

Realistically i did want them to win, but it just gets to me how Strachan has got away with being so shite and then this win gives him a by for what will probs be another failed campaign. 

Positives, Tierney came on to a good game, looked a bit uncomfy at first but that's understandable. Griffith's gave good movement and chasing down, should have scored but was unlucky. And sadly got injured from a poor tackle/assault from the keeper. Armstrong made a solid enough debut faded in and out a bit but overall good performance. Snoddy was poor again. Wish Rhodes and Cairney had got on but we got there in the end. Poor from fans booing Martin, as much as i don't rate him i wouldn't have stood and booed. 

We shall see what happens

3 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

The team deserve a lot of credit for tonight's performance. Whilst Slovenia were surprisingly bad, a lot of praise has to go to our side. I had a bad feeling at the anthems spotting the size difference, but we were the best side on the park tonight.

Armstrong and Tierney were both excellent tonight. Especially Tierney for playing in a position he has no experience in. I thought Mulgrew although had little to do had a decent game as well. Forrest offered nothing and Snoddy has been off the pace for a while - another disappointing night from him.

We were fortunate with the goal but we deserved it thanks to the first-half. Robertson was excellent.

Overall very good and our best performance in god knows, two years? Just a shame it looks like its too late. No doubt there will be reinvested hope in the England game and at least it means something, but those Lithuania and Slovakia results will end up costing us big time.

As someone noted on another thread - is this our 'Ireland after losing at Parkhead' moment when O'Neill and Ireland seemed to turn the corner in our Euro group, I'd love it if it is, but I doubt it. Time will tell, I suppose.

Anyhoos, fair dues to the lads and the fans who stuck the faith! Certainly vindicated for now, and enjoy the night.

Slovenia werent surprisingly bad , I dont think, just sitting playing for a boring draw, making tactical fouls when needed. Typical E. European nation today. They had no "need" to win.