Team for Slovenia - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Slovenia

er yir macaroon

9 hours ago, Bino's said:

Robertson rank rotten

What? :lol: I don't know what game you were watching? 

9 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

Yeah I'd rather see Fraser replace him when fit.

Not convinced about Russell Martin either but he probably edges in front of Berra.

Yeah, Fraser needs to be given a chance. It's a shame we couldn't have given him his debut prior to then but hopefully he can cope as well as Armstrong did on his debut! 

Last night's performance is so frustrating. If we'd played half as well vs Lithuania we'd have won easily. If we'd played that well in Slovakia we may well have got something. Then we'd be right in the mix for qualifying and feeling good about our team. 

After the way we played last night, i want to be confident, i want to believe but i just know that we have to win at least 4 out of our 5 remaining games to have a chance and i don't see us performing well enough consistently. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

Burke not even on the bench.

I hope we get beaten tonight. Get rid of this khunt.

1) Burke was utter rank against Canada, as he was in his last game for Scotland and has barely kicked a ball in months. 

2) Get it right up you. I'm glad we won as it'll keep greetin faced bellends like you away from Hampden.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

1) Burke was utter rank against Canada, as he was in his last game for Scotland and has barely kicked a ball in months. 

So was Mulgrew, so was Snodgrass. Is it a special "Burke rule" that he has to be completely jettisoned for a bad game? I believe he was the only player not even stripped last night. What's that doing for his confidence? It's horrific man management. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What? :lol: I don't know what game you were watching? 

Yeah, Fraser needs to be given a chance. It's a shame we couldn't have given him his debut prior to then but hopefully he can cope as well as Armstrong did on his debut! 

Last night's performance is so frustrating. If we'd played half as well vs Lithuania we'd have won easily. If we'd played that well in Slovakia we may well have got something. Then we'd be right in the mix for qualifying and feeling good about our team. 

After the way we played last night, i want to be confident, i want to believe but i just know that we have to win at least 4 out of our 5 remaining games to have a chance and i don't see us performing well enough consistently. 

This is the second time I have agreed with you today! Also think that Cairney played decently on his debut in a rank game and should be given more chances. We have more options in more positions but must play to win every game. Sh*t or bust now. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

2) Get it right up you. I'm glad we won as it'll keep greetin faced bellends like you away from Hampden.

Your reasoning for 1) would have several players not representing Scotland again and Grant Hanley would be in international retirement... 

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Your reasoning for 1) would have several players not representing Scotland again and Grant Hanley would be in international retirement... 

Burke has shown nothing in a Scotland shirt to suggest he deserves inclusion on the bench last night. Way better options than him at the moment. Hanley is in the squad due to the fact we've very little to choose from at centre half. Burke IMO has several players ahead of  him in his position. Even more now that Fraser is in the squad.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So was Mulgrew, so was Snodgrass. Is it a special "Burke rule" that he has to be completely jettisoned for a bad game? I believe he was the only player not even stripped last night. What's that doing for his confidence? It's horrific man management. 

No it isn't, We don't know why he wasn't stripped, he could be injured for all we know. He didn't look interested vs Canada but might have been carrying an injury. I want Strachan gone but i'm not going to use him not playing Burke as a reason for it. Far better options than Burke at this moment in time IMO.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

i'm far from Forrest's biggest fan but i'd have him ahead of Burke just now, yes. 

Disagree totally there. My gripe isn't so much him not playing Burke, it is solely his mismanagement of him. 

If he doesn't rate him, don't call him up. Don't call him up, give him a game and then drop him totally, when the whole team have had a stinking performance. It's important to manage young players correctly and Strachan is not doing that with Burke IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

i'm far from Forrest's biggest fan but i'd have him ahead of Burke just now, yes. 

I remain hopeful that Burke can become an impact player up front for us. Rather than purely a wide man. Bit of a luxury I suppose. He's pacey and strong though  and I like that. Poor touch on evidence so far. Needs game time at club. He is getting about 10 minutes a game at Leipzig I think. So much for impact player then eh? Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Disagree totally there. My gripe isn't so much him not playing Burke, it is solely his mismanagement of him. 

If he doesn't rate him, don't call him up. Don't call him up, give him a game and then drop him totally, when the whole team have had a stinking performance. It's important to manage young players correctly and Strachan is not doing that with Burke IMO. 

Isn't that the second time Strachan has done that to the lad?

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Yes. When he left him out for Slovakia he told the press it was "too big a game for him".

6 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Yes. When he left him out for Slovakia he told the press it was "too big a game for him".

Yeah. This is correct. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Forrest has been rank in every single one of his caps to date. In the last 2 games before this one he's missed sitters at a crucial part of the game. Last night Robertson picked him out in the box and his shot almost hit the corner flag.

And yet he gets chance after chance.

Regarding Burke, I'm no sure what's going on with him there (not even being stripped). What I will say though is that at Oriam last week watching the squad train, Burke was a bit of a disgrace. Uninterested, going through the motions, looked as if he couldn't be bothered with the finishing drills the forward players were going through, zero enthusiasm. If he's like that at all squad get-togethers then I'm with Strachan for binning him.

Another wee thing (and some of you will think this is daft), but he was the only player wearing trackie-bottoms. It just annoyed me. You train as you play and no-one plays wearing trackies. It certainly wouldn't have happened in Craig Broon's days, he demanded all players wore shorts when training. As I say, maybe I'm talking pish, but it stood out for me.

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Regarding Burke, I'm no sure what's going on with him there (not even being stripped). What I will say though is that at Oriam last week watching the squad train, Burke was a bit of a disgrace. Uninterested, going through the motions, looked as if he couldn't be bothered with the finishing drills the forward players were going through, zero enthusiasm. If he's like that at all squad get-togethers then I'm with Strachan for binning him.

Another wee thing (and some of you will think this is daft), but he was the only player wearing trackie-bottoms. It just annoyed me. You train as you play and no-one plays wearing trackies. It certainly wouldn't have happened in Craig Broon's days, he demanded all players wore shorts when training. As I say, maybe I'm talking pish, but it stood out for me.

you are

The game last night was do or die, you cannot carry people or make a space for them on the bench just to be nice to them.

Regarding man-management , no one knows what was said to Burke by WGS or vice-versa  but if you have a player who does not appear to give a feck then you cannot chance him a game like last night. 

I would make 2 changes to the starting line up against England , replace Forrest & Snodgrass with Anya & Fraser .

9 minutes ago, wellyman said:

The game last night was do or die, you cannot carry people or make a space for them on the bench just to be nice to them.

Regarding man-management , no one knows what was said to Burke by WGS or vice-versa  but if you have a player who does not appear to give a feck then you cannot chance him a game like last night. 

I would make 2 changes to the starting line up against England , replace Forrest & Snodgrass with Anya & Fraser .

I would replace them with Fraser and Phillips. Same team otherwise.

Ahhh so now we're saying Burke is pish and has an attitude problem (partly because he wore joggy bottoms in training :lol: ). 

Despite the fact that he clearly isn't pish and that there's been plenty folk from his club complimenting his attitude and work ethic. 

Always good to slag off one of our brightest talents for no reason though :ok: