Strachan remains - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

4 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Anyway is anyone going to the ssc pre match event at hampden? did anyone go before the Lithuania game? and is it worth going to alone(my mates have gave up....I assume on Scotland not me....but that's debatable)?

Surprisingly not to bad, nothing special, but it was something different on match day from the normal pubs-shed-pub-match routine on match day.

Unsure if I want to go back again, see what the others are doing first.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Surprisingly not to bad, nothing special, but it was something different on match day from the normal pubs-shed-pub-match routine on match day.

Unsure if I want to go back again, see what the others are doing first.

might give it ago

I've just seen the new world rankings. Scotland are at a lofty 67th. Benin are 66th. Its all getting very ridiculous. I know the rankings are a farce anyway. 

No doubt there will still be people on here saying it's not Strachan's fault and Benin have got a better squad than us. 

On 15/03/2017 at 11:00 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Is this like when you said you'll be glad if Aberdeen don't qualify for Europe?

To be fair to rossy, I know exactly where he's coming from when it comes to European qualification. it close to impossible for a team like Aberdeen to get to the latter stages of the Europa league so it is a complete waste of time for us but we obviously want to finish as high up the league as we can. 

Double edged sword for Aberdeen and most Scottish teams.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, vanderark14 said:

To be fair to rossy, I know exactly where he's coming from when it comes to European qualification. it close to impossible for a team like Aberdeen to get to the latter stages of the Europa league so it is a complete waste of time for us but we obviously want to finish as high up the league as we can. 

Double edged sword for Aberdeen and most Scottish teams.

Wasn't so long ago Aberdeen got to the group stage and did fairly well. That's surely worthwhile?

The Aberdeen team now are probably a better team than the Aberdeen team then and certainly have a better manager too.

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Wasn't so long ago Aberdeen got to the group stage and did fairly well. That's surely worthwhile?

The Aberdeen team now are probably a better team than the Aberdeen team then and certainly have a better manager too.

Yeah but it is so hard to qualify for the group stages for a club like Aberdeen now. Coming through 4 2 legged ties, 2 of them as unseeded, is a tall order. In the last few years we've faced Real Sociedad (lost), Groningen (won), Rejika (won), a Karait Almaty side with a compartively huge budget (lost), Maribor (lost). Qualifying for the group stages is very, very difficult. 

Having said that, we really should have made it this year. Losing to a Maribor side that we outplayed in both matches was a real sore one, especially when the refereeing incompetence in the 2nd leg is factored in. 

Having said all that, i totally disagree with Rossy that Aberdeen shouldn't want to get in to Europe. We should, we do and we have a team that, with a bit of luck in the draw. is capable of qualifying. 

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

we had to play two rounds to get to that group stage, now its something like five stages before we qualify. We'd also have to get very lucky with our draw for the final qualification round

The way he was talking today has me even more frustrated. This talk of rejuvinating the side, more pace and excitment. He should have done that 2 years ago, he should have done that away to Slovakia when he was advised to play like that by his scout. I'll believe it when I see it on Sunday though.

To little to late, a win on Sunday might make it look a bit better and will probably ensure he sees out the campaign.

Clearly I'm not the only one who has lost his Scotland mojo.

This campaign is pretty much over. 

We needed to beat Lithuania and get a result in Trnava. As it stands we have little chance of making the playoffs. Slovenia is a must win. Lose and I like WGS to go.

Huge error not sacking Levine early enough, I fear we've made the same mistake with Strachan. The Draw at Lithuania should have been the catylist, the defeat (and its manner) in Slovakia should have confirmed it. The Wembley debacle has us asking WTF is going on.

Shoogly peg is an understatement.

J

20 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

We needed to beat Lithuania and get a result in Trnava. As it stands we have little chance of making the playoffs. Slovenia is a must win. Lose and I like WGS to go.

Huge error not sacking Levine early enough, I fear we've made the same mistake with Strachan. The Draw at Lithuania should have been the catylist, the defeat (and its manner) in Slovakia should have confirmed it. The Wembley debacle has us asking WTF is going on.

J

Was the same with Bertie, should have binned him after the Cardiff debacle and by all accounts they nearly did but bottled it. The only time they did bin someone on time was Burley.

4 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

J

Only thing I'm gona miss is catching up with my friends before and after the game, will watch it in the house but not spending the time and money today or Sunday.