Strachan remains - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

7 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

Yes the SFA are a joke, yes we have been shite for ages, yes we maybe don't have the players of yester year. But you are kidding yourself on if you think that apointing the right manager wouldn't potentially improve performances on the pitch. 

Right so we agree on three out of four of those - good.

Now to your final point as this is where I hold a realistic view on this. Strachan should have gone months ago we all agree on that but where my point differs to so many others are what happens when he goes.

In my opinion, bearing in mind this is the rank incompetent SFA doing the hiring here, we get a Scottish manager of the ilk of Levein in who has a honeymoon period of two or three games of mild improvement leading people to believe we are on our way again and then we return into the groove of shiteness and we are back where we have been now for almost a decade blaming the manager and calling for his head without looking at the real core of the problem. However, some here seem to have a dream that the SFA (yes those incompetent clowns) will get a manager in that the majority of fans want and that we will be transformed into a team that will qualify for major tournaments with the same set of players we have now - the same set of players without a central defence to call on or a striker of international quality. That version of reality stretches the imagination to Harry Potter-esque reality.

I am sorry if my vision of the future is so negative but I've had my fill of building up hope that good times are around the corner. Too many false dawns and not enough done to make that happen. The whole sport needs a total change from top to bottom and that includes at the SFA but that is not going to happen.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd go for Big Sam to be the next manager.  He'll keep Palace up this season and after that jack it.  Around the same time we're looking for someone new after we can no longer qualify.  He's good at getting the best out of 5h1te players with limited ability, can organise a defence and may fancy another go at international football.  Sure the salary would be an issue compared to what he could earn at all the perennial Premier League strugglers who'd be after him but he doesn't need the cash and at his age may want to do something different than just aim to finish 17th every season.

3 hours ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

I'd go for Big Sam to be the next manager.  He'll keep Palace up this season and after that jack it.  Around the same time we're looking for someone new after we can no longer qualify.  He's good at getting the best out of 5h1te players with limited ability, can organise a defence and may fancy another go at international football.  Sure the salary would be an issue compared to what he could earn at all the perennial Premier League strugglers who'd be after him but he doesn't need the cash and at his age may want to do something different than just aim to finish 17th every season.

I reckon the salary would be a major stumbling block for Sam, he loves getting paid!

i would worry though that appointing someone like him would lead to the complete loss of identity of our team. I don't think he'd have any reservations about playing 11 Matt Elliot's to get the right result. Not trying to reopen the eligibility debate but I'd have a problem with that. 

9 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Right so we agree on three out of four of those - good.

Now to your final point as this is where I hold a realistic view on this. Strachan should have gone months ago we all agree on that but where my point differs to so many others are what happens when he goes.

In my opinion, bearing in mind this is the rank incompetent SFA doing the hiring here, we get a Scottish manager of the ilk of Levein in who has a honeymoon period of two or three games of mild improvement leading people to believe we are on our way again and then we return into the groove of shiteness and we are back where we have been now for almost a decade blaming the manager and calling for his head without looking at the real core of the problem. However, some here seem to have a dream that the SFA (yes those incompetent clowns) will get a manager in that the majority of fans want and that we will be transformed into a team that will qualify for major tournaments with the same set of players we have now - the same set of players without a central defence to call on or a striker of international quality. That version of reality stretches the imagination to Harry Potter-esque reality.

I am sorry if my vision of the future is so negative but I've had my fill of building up hope that good times are around the corner. Too many false dawns and not enough done to make that happen. The whole sport needs a total change from top to bottom and that includes at the SFA but that is not going to happen.

Leicester seemingly had a shite team till they changed their manager . Then win next 2 games with same players. Just saying 

Look at the difference in Celtic since changing the manager. Okay, Rodgers could sign players but only 2 have come into the strongest XI and they have replaced the best 2 players from last season. Rodgers has started to get the best out of players, ensured the players are playing a certain way and the difference is huge. If managers didn't make a difference, clubs wouldn't bother in changing them. 

It is time for Stachan to go. 

We have won three points in our last seven competitive games(not counting minnows) and I doubt it any one could have done worse over the last three. The players are not that bad so the manager must take the blame. Drawing with Poland and LOSING to Germany are the only decent results we have had in ages, 

25 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

We have won three points in our last seven competitive games(not counting minnows) and I doubt it any one could have done worse over the last three. The players are not that bad so the manager must take the blame. Drawing with Poland and LOSING to Germany are the only decent results we have had in ages, 

That includes Lithuania at home . Without being disrespectful we should be beating these teams . 

21 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

It's like talking to your missus. She's right no matter what. 

You couldn't even answer a simple question because you know the answer is that Strachan is not getting the best from all the players available.  

Yes the SFA are a joke, yes we have been shite for ages, yes we maybe don't have the players of yester year. But you are kidding yourself on if you think that apointing the right manager wouldn't potentially improve performances on the pitch. 

Who do you think, realistically, the SFA should replace Strachan with and why do you think that person would do better?

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Look at the difference in Celtic since changing the manager. Okay, Rodgers could sign players but only 2 have come into the strongest XI and they have replaced the best 2 players from last season. Rodgers has started to get the best out of players, ensured the players are playing a certain way and the difference is huge. If managers didn't make a difference, clubs wouldn't bother in changing them. 

It is time for Stachan to go. 

Completely agree with this. 

a different manager can make a huge difference.

get Strachan te feck

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Who do you think, realistically, the SFA should replace Strachan with and why do you think that person would do better?

Well Lagerback was my choice but he's not an option anymore. I don't think there are any viable Scottish options to be honest and I think we need to look far and wide to get the best manager we can. So off the top of my head I don't have a clue. We should still be getting Strachan hunted though. 

10 hours ago, scotlad said:

I don't know how many of these are "realistic" as you don't know until you ask but how about one of Marcelinho, Ranieri, Jaunde Ramos, Frank De Boer. Bernd Schuster, Graeme Souness, Martin Jol, Bert Van Marwijk (currently managing Saudi Arabia), Thomas Schaaf? 

Everyone of them was pretty much without thinking. Most of them are probably out of price range but the nonsense that we're unlikely to get someone better is drivel IMO. 

8 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

Well Lagerback was my choice but he's not an option anymore. I don't think there are any viable Scottish options to be honest and I think we need to look far and wide to get the best manager we can. So off the top of my head I don't have a clue. We should still be getting Strachan hunted though. 

Unfortunately, I think its clear that the SFA already have their replacement in place with Malky MacKay...... get him in to learn the ropes behind the scenes, wait for Strachan to move on, then release a list of the usual bottom of the barrel suspects to get the job (McGhee, Davis, Coyle.... with probably Derek McInnes added in to look nice.... and David Moyes if he is out of a job then) before appointing MacKay.

51 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't know how many of these are "realistic" as you don't know until you ask but how about one of Marcelinho, Ranieri, Jaunde Ramos, Frank De Boer. Bernd Schuster, Graeme Souness, Martin Jol, Bert Van Marwijk (currently managing Saudi Arabia), Thomas Schaaf? 

Everyone of them was pretty much without thinking. Most of them are probably out of price range but the nonsense that we're unlikely to get someone better is drivel IMO. 

The list is fine but this one concerns me. Potential to be as bad as Strachan and his comments mimic those of Strachan a lot of the time.

20 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

I reckon the salary would be a major stumbling block for Sam, he loves getting paid!

i would worry though that appointing someone like him would lead to the complete loss of identity of our team. I don't think he'd have any reservations about playing 11 Matt Elliot's to get the right result. Not trying to reopen the eligibility debate but I'd have a problem with that. 

A loss of identity.  FFS.  It's football.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Souness is happy continually putting Jamie Redknapp down on Sky. Lets not try and deprive him of that much needed service.

I don't think he'd be a good appointment. I really just wanted to include a token Scotsman :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

A loss of identity.  FFS.  It's football.

Yeah, international, representative football.. 

Why do you support Scotland? 

4 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Because it has a team from the place I'm from.

Yeah, you identify with the team because they represent you. International football is all about identity :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Nationality is an abstract concept and countries are artificial constructs. 

So, i'll ask again, why support Scotland? 

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Plenty folk asking that question.

Haha very good.

Watching a game now (at the moment refusing to go to games till Strachan is gone) consists of me shaking my head in disbelief at the squad announcement, being even more flabbergasted by the starting line up and shouting profanities during the match at the lack of any real quality from either the players on the park football wise or the manager during/after the game has finished!

On 05/03/2017 at 10:33 PM, kumnio said:

To the two Strachan fanboys above, heres a simple question, you can even answer it with a simple Yes or No.

Is Strachan getting the best out of our players?

Maybe we will have an answer on March 26th. Fail to beat Slovenia and and he will be gone of that I am in no doubt. I hope we win even if it is just to make the England game meaningfull. Nice first game for the new boss if we don't beat Slovenia even if it is effectively a friendly.

Edited by Doric