Strachan remains - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its all about opinions however these days on Tamb some resort to name calling against some who may disagree.I may be proved to be totally wrong with my opinion  but  being called clueless as feck !! Deary me !!!!!.Come on guys at the end of the day we are all supposed to be on the same side . 

56 minutes ago, Doric said:

Come on guys at the end of the day we are all supposed to be on the same side . 

I bet you voted No. You sound like a guy who is happy to have piles of shite flung at you.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

I bet you voted No. You sound like a guy who is happy to have piles of shite flung at you.

PMSL. SNP member and YES voter. 

So sorry to disappoint you.

Edited by Doric

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

5 minutes ago, Doric said:

PMSL. SNP member and YES voter. 

So sorry to disappoint you.

:lol::lol: Wee miscalculation, there, Ormond.

Awright, Doric, how you doing?

It's no wonder we are utter sh1te when we have fans who will happily accept failure upon failure and make excuses time and time again. 

Strachan should have been punted when he managed to finish 4th in the last qualifiers. But no, the only here for a party brigade did what they do best and celebrated a 6-0 win in Faro like it was qualification. Depressing.

How Strachan and that tube McGhee are still ina job is beyond me. Should never have been given another chance to ruin another campaign. 

NI, Wales et all have shown the difference a competent manager can make. Sadly we seem intent on appointing egotistical bellends, who were pricks as players and bigger pricks as managers.  

In answer to Kumnio's question, Strachan is not getting the best out of the players available.

Michael O'Neill showed during both the Euro qualifiers and Euro's itself that it is possible, with the right tactics, team set up, game plan and belief from players that its possible to make the team better than the sum of its parts. Man for man Northern Ireland do not have better players than Scotland, but as a team, set up to play to their strengths, they most certainly are better than us and are achieving more than we are. If thats not due to the players being of a far better level then it must come down to the manager and the way he uses those players.

48 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's no wonder we are utter sh1te when we have fans who will happily accept failure upon failure and make excuses time and time again. 

Strachan should have been punted when he managed to finish 4th in the last qualifiers. But no, the only here for a party brigade did what they do best and celebrated a 6-0 win in Faro like it was qualification. Depressing.

How Strachan and that tube McGhee are still ina job is beyond me. Should never have been given another chance to ruin another campaign. 

NI, Wales et all have shown the difference a competent manager can make. Sadly we seem intent on appointing egotistical bellends, who were pricks as players and bigger pricks as managers.  

Nail on the head.

Change needed and will definitely improve things. Worrying aspect is that the SFA may appoint someone similar again! Nevertheless he has to go and should have a long time ago.

Edited by ProudScot

36 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

In answer to Kumnio's question, Strachan is not getting the best out of the players available.

Michael O'Neill showed during both the Euro qualifiers and Euro's itself that it is possible, with the right tactics, team set up, game plan and belief from players that its possible to make the team better than the sum of its parts. Man for man Northern Ireland do not have better players than Scotland, but as a team, set up to play to their strengths, they most certainly are better than us and are achieving more than we are. If thats not due to the players being of a far better level then it must come down to the manager and the way he uses those players.

I'm a critic of Strachan and have always said we have no worse players than N Ireland and Republic

in N Irelands defence for majority of recent campaigns they have been able to play two centre half's and a full back from West Brom, which must help

however we have option to play one holding and two attacking midfielders from same side, and have been choosing not to play all together

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Spot on. But sadly time spent trying to get brainwashed eejits to see this is wasted. 

I think Northern Ireland is more of a better example about not necessarily having the best players, but more a system that work (Said it for a long time, Strachan seems to spend to much time focusing on Plan A, that when its clear within the opening minutes of a game that he has got it wrong, he has no Plan B in reserve), yet at the same time, in qualifying for the Euros they got a group that we would have probably walked away with...... and were able to get a run of results to build on to give them confidence to go into the Euros.

I would say RoI and Wales man-for-man there is no great difference, but they both have/had Gareth Bale and Robbie Keane (in a almost 20 year career with ROI he has more goals than our two joint all time scorers put together....though not at the moment, Ireland are going to miss him in a big way sooner or later) and that has given them that bit of edge which has taken them to the next level, as these are players who can score goal, or produce that moment of magic that can win games (something we do not have just now).

After a bad start, Strachan at least got us playing great football from Croatia in Zagreb right through to RoI at Celtic Park (seemed to be the RoI game in Dublin was the turning point), and in hindsight, he should have stepped down after the last campaign ended to allow someone else to come in and work on the foundations he had put in place..... but now we find ourselves in a situation where that feel good factor and excitement that had developed over 2014 and 2015 is gone, and a case of when, not if, Strachan is booted/gone.......

the republic game at Celtic park the high water mark

he'd said he wanted a club approach at international level which seemed to be making sense

but he then therefore stock with old players that were losing their edge, some no longer playing at club level and it all ebbed away

as say he just stuck rigidly to pls A

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

After a bad start, Strachan at least got us playing great football from Croatia in Zagreb right through to RoI at Celtic Park (seemed to be the RoI game in Dublin was the turning point), and in hindsight, he should have stepped down after the last campaign ended to allow someone else to come in and work on the foundations he had put in place..... but now we find ourselves in a situation where that feel good factor and excitement that had developed over 2014 and 2015 is gone, and a case of when, not if, Strachan is booted/gone.......

we have never played great football under Strachan. we once played reasonably effective football but that was before Strachan's one and only formation had been found out. Now pretty much every team, or at least any team with a decent manager knows how we will play and how to counter this. You only need to look at the debate as to who should be our one striker (as opposed to two or any other formation) to realise how indoctrinated we all are into Strachan's tried and trusted formation. and by the by, we were lucky to get three points from Ireland at Parkhead..........

Just now, Return of Yermaw said:

we have never played great football under Strachan. we once played reasonably effective football but that was before Strachan's one and only formation had been found out. Now pretty much every team, or at least any team with a decent manager knows how we will play and how to counter this. You only need to look at the debate as to who should be our one striker (as opposed to two or any other formation) to realise how indoctrinated we all are into Strachan's tried and trusted formation. and by the by, we were lucky to get three points from Ireland at Parkhead..........

Spot on, the only real performance was the one in Poland.

2 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I would say he got us playing with a formation that worked, problem is it was so one dimensional that by the time the return game came along the return team knew our every move and had us beat before the game kick off (after the performance in Dublin, any other manager would have probably thought it was time for a change, yet Strachan stuck with same old-same old..... probably after the fright against Gibraltar where he did try something new and back fired put him off).

Yes we were lucky against the RoI at Celtic Park, but that's luck we have had very little of over the last decade (Strachan and a number of players seemed to take their foot off the gas after that result thinking "job done" and one foot in France).

Edited by wanderer

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Spot on, the only real performance was the one in Poland.

Two games v Croatia (home game certainly our best all round performance since Ukraine in 2007) and had some really good spells here and there (Wembley and Dortmund).

Edited by wanderer

14 hours ago, Flure said:

:lol::lol: Wee miscalculation, there, Ormond.

Awright, Doric, how you doing?

Doing fine Flure. 

Can take  the clueless and brainwashed insults for  haveing a  different opinion but being accused of being a NO voter Arrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Doric

9 hours ago, wanderer said:

Two games v Croatia (home game certainly our best all round performance since Ukraine in 2007) and had some really good spells here and there (Wembley and Dortmund).

Think we are only really talking about this and the last campaign and it really has been nothing but down since the Poland game.

16 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think we are only really talking about this and the last campaign and it really has been nothing but down since the Poland game.

it, if we win the next three games we're right back in it

Just checked Paddy Power 'next permanent Scotland manager' book in the vain hope that Diego Simeone was odds on favourite. He isn't quoted , surprise, surprise!!

McLeish favourite 21/10 then Lambert, then Moyes. Lagerback 50/1.

Sir Alex only 12/1!!!

I'm one of the folk that thinks Strachan should have gone after the disastrous end to our last campaign, and I have been totally against him since his after match reaction following the Poland game (feels sorry for the players etc, not one mention of the fans).

BUT WE SIMPLY HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN STRACHAN..............and its likely to never change, the folk involved in our game(media/players/management/sfa) couldn't care less as long as we turn up (pay up, turn up is optional).

Our current group situation is......we have dropped 2 pts more than expected at this stage.... but the manner of our defeats suggest we are unlikely to turn it around.

Anyway is anyone going to the ssc pre match event at hampden? did anyone go before the Lithuania game? and is it worth going to alone(my mates have gave up....I assume on Scotland not me....but that's debatable)?