This Weekends Games - Page 151 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Just noticed Rossy has not posted since the big showdown.

Can someone confirm he is alive. :shocked:

Was thinking that myself earlier.  Something 'slasher' not telling us?

On 5/1/2017 at 0:00 AM, phart said:

All cases should be condemned at the time rather than squared away to be brought out as top trumps in the parochial whataboutery game that permeates this place.

that's testicles. Celtic fans think themselves pious but should always be reminded that they are as bad as their cross city rivals..

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Drossy has been full of wind and pish for years. He's about ages with me, I'm 50 this year, and he should know better than to come out with pish that he can never back up.

16 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

they are as bad as their cross city rivals..

I'm not one to stick up for Celtic or Celtic fans but IMO, that's complete nonsense. 

There are arseholes in the Celtic support who often behave unacceptably. However, they're nowhere near "as bad as" Rangers. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm not one to stick up for Celtic or Celtic fans but IMO, that's complete nonsense. 

There are arseholes in the Celtic support who often behave unacceptably. However, they're nowhere near "as bad as" Rangers. 

totally agree with this.  no hand in this fight but Rangers are far worse.

What redeeming features does it have as a club? Take a step back and look. Support have a weird upmanship thing about the military, rule britannia and Red Hand scarves and all that :mellow:.  Look at it from afar and it's a really odd club.  Wouldn't have kids anywhere near it.  Imagine having to explain it all.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

He's still in The Clockwork, sitting, waiting for Slasher to appear.

Hibs v St Mirren game sold out on Saturday, Saints sold out their 1800 allocation, and could easily have sold more, quite remarkable when you consider our home support struggles to reach 4000,. Have took around 2000 to each of their last 3 always at United, Falkirk and Morton

Great stuff from the Hibees selling over 18000

Looking forward to a weekend in the capital, hopefully both teams will be celebrating at the end. 

27 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Hibs v St Mirren game sold out on Saturday, Saints sold out their 1800 allocation, and could easily have sold more, quite remarkable when you consider our home support struggles to reach 4000,. Have took around 2000 to each of their last 3 always at United, Falkirk and Morton

Great stuff from the Hibees selling over 18000

Looking forward to a weekend in the capital, hopefully both teams will be celebrating at the end. 

Hearts v Aberdeen on the Sunday also sold out.

18 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

What redeeming features does it have as a club? Take a step back and look. Support have a weird upmanship thing about the military, rule britannia and Red Hand scarves and all that :mellow:.  Look at it from afar and it's a really odd club.  Wouldn't have kids anywhere near it.  Imagine having to explain it all.

And C*ltic don't? Take it in your world it's okay to support the IRA? 

Rule Britannia and red hands.. Is that any different to the Irish stuff they spout? At least we are actually British.. 

18 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Absolutely keech. There are rockets in the Rangers support and I'd rather they fecked off to bigotsville or wherever they hide on non match days but you're tarring us all with the same brush. 

Ignorant generalisation so common on this board. 

4 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Rule Britannia and red hands.. Is that any different to the Irish stuff they spout? At least we are actually British.. 

And you can shove your British crap as well. 

We're a Scottish club playing in Scotland. 

The butchers apron has nothing to do with that. 

It's easy to see why people on this board would have the "Celtic aren't that bad" type chat when they'll see the Irish nationalist shite their support come out with as some sort of parody to their Scottish Nationalist ideals. The very same people that suggest politics have nothing to do with football until it's fine to bring "Yes" flags and stickers to Scotland games. 

34 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Absolutely keech. There are rockets in the Rangers support and I'd rather they fecked off to bigotsville or wherever they hide on non match days but you're tarring us all with the same brush. 

Ignorant generalisation so common on this board. 

Was not my intention to tar.  Actually totally the opposite.  I know for a fact many/most rangers fans aren't like that at all.  My fascination is why support a club that has all that mince attached to it.

i'm just imagining taking my son to a game when he's 11 or 12 surrounded by Union Jacks and scarves with red hands on them and orange flashes.  Then Rule Britannia springs up and God Save the Queen.  Or the singing section, the ones you want to hang about with really at that age wearing England tops.  Military leading the teams out as if Rangers are some kind of embodiment of all that.  This is not an inaccurate representation.  

What the f do you say to him?  It's so weird.  The energy to even begin to explain it all.:mellow:  I just don't get it.  It's the decent folk bothering that i don't get.  

52 minutes ago, GRBear said:

I love how you've put an asterisk through Celtic. Are you a union bear by any chance?

2 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Was not my intention to tar.  Actually totally the opposite.  I know for a fact many/most rangers fans aren't like that at all. 

And yet you posted "Support have a weird upmanship thing about the military, rule britannia and Red Hand scarves and all that".

18 minutes ago, Chief said:

It's easy to see why people on this board would have the "Celtic aren't that bad" type chat when they'll see the Irish nationalist shite their support come out with as some sort of parody to their Scottish Nationalist ideals. The very same people that suggest politics have nothing to do with football until it's fine to bring "Yes" flags and stickers to Scotland games. 

I'd say Celtic have far, far more songs that are actually about their club/players/history.

I'd struggle to name 5 songs Rangers have that aren't 1) nothing to do with Rangers and 2) Rangers songs riddled with bigoted lyrics.

17 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

And yet you posted "Support have a weird upmanship thing about the military, rule britannia and Red Hand scarves and all that".

I just don't get why anybody would choose to associate themselves going to games where an obvious section of the clubs fans are weirdos.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

27 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

He's absolutely correct. Poppy displays and some daft Brit abseiling off the roof with the match ball to thunderous applause from the majority of the stadium . Crackpots  :loel:

14 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

He's absolutely correct. Poppy displays and some daft Brit abseiling off the roof with the match ball to thunderous applause from the majority of the stadium . Crackpots  :loel:

How many times have Celtic been fined by UEFA in recent years due the behaviour of their supporters?

Just now, Larky Masher said:

How many times have Celtic been fined by UEFA in recent years due the behaviour of their supporters?

Not sure, quite a few, but considering one of them was for waving Palestine flags then UEFA's opinion means very little to me.