This Weekends Games - Page 147 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

John Beaton 1 vs 5 Celtic.

If Rangers had just humped Celtic 5-1 I wouldn't be making myself look like an utter bellend by moaning about the ref. 

Do you not enjoy your football? 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If Rangers had just humped Celtic 5-1 I wouldn't be making myself look like an utter bellend by moaning about the ref. 

Do you not enjoy your football? 

Hahahahaha. You ok hun? xx

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

The gulf in class between Celtic and the rest is massive.

i know it's easy to talk about champions league money etc etc, but this is actually a very good Celtic side, best team they've had for years. 

1 hour ago, Brassrubber said:

They will still get tonked in Europe - most of their forwards are EPL rejects .

The tamb 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Hahahahaha. You ok hun? xx

Yep, always fine mate. The score today reflects reality. We've got no money and the previous manager appears to have wasted what we did have on a striker that isn't up to scratch. 

Admittedly with about 3 decent signings I reckon 2nd is achievable next season. 

Nae chance of winning the league in the near future but I can accept that as long as the financials are on the right path. I'd rather have a team that only competes for 2nd than not have a team at all. 

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Going along with my Buddie buddy. Huge game, looking forward to it...

You picked a good game to go to Toepoke ( from a Saints point of view) wish I was there. 

Good atmosphere? Been poor since we moved into the new ground, but by all accounts it's been really good this season despite our league position. 

Yass! That was awesome! This is payback for the Souness/Smith years! Apologies to the rest of Scottish football in advance.

Kudos to all the Huns who can conduct themselves with dignity in these difficult times ?

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yass! That was awesome! This is payback for the Souness/Smith years! Apologies to the rest of Scottish football in advance.

Kudos to all the Huns who can conduct themselves with dignity in these difficult times ?

If your a selick fan  it must be err paradise for yous right now 

Guest BlueGaz
28 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ref was awful

Aberdeen were worse

Well dons saints,took the chances and buried them. 

Keeps it all a wee bit more interesting for a while though.  coupon buster for our office acca.

4 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

You picked a good game to go to Toepoke ( from a Saints point of view) wish I was there. 

Good atmosphere? Been poor since we moved into the new ground, but by all accounts it's been really good this season despite our league position. 

It was jumping at times, especially after the amazing 4th goal. Main Stand was sold out.

Ayr could still stay up, just a 5-0 away win required :-)) 

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

_95694997_neil_mccann3.jpg

So good so far, keep up the good work sir.

I wouldn't get too excited.

:lol:

Motherwells inability to keep weans out a close was in evidence again today. Dundee only had 4 chances (and one of them was late on when Motherwell were pushing on) and scored 3 of them.

Motherwell dominated for 44 minutes, admittedly without creating a great deal, and dundee took their 1st chance of the game.

For the second time this season we were done out of a good goal against Dundee...

post-111-0-77777200-1493493592.jpg

Not good enough from Motherwell, and fair play to Dundee for taking their chances. One of the best away supports I've seen in a while too, over 1200.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Im a Dundee fan, we dont have a lot to get excited about. :lol:

At least we are creating a few chances, and taking them. Under the pikey we looked incapable of anything other than just rolling over and getting beat easily.

Shocking decision not to give that goal though, not even close. Im not complaining about it though, we need every bit of luck we can get.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwells inability to keep weans out a close was in evidence again today. Dundee only had 4 chances (and one of them was late on when Motherwell were pushing on) and scored 3 of them.

Motherwell dominated for 44 minutes, admittedly without creating a great deal, and dundee took their 1st chance of the game.

For the second time this season we were done out of a good goal against Dundee...

post-111-0-77777200-1493493592.jpg

Not good enough from Motherwell, and fair play to Dundee for taking their chances. One of the best away supports I've seen in a while too, over 1200.

Sutton. Langfield. McLean. 

Stop whining. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Sutton. Langfield. McLean. 

Stop whining. 

We did get a decision 3 years ago, so can't really complain.

(I was watching that in a bar in Spain, and couldn't really celebrate, as it was the Celtic game sound that was on, and I kept waiting for them to cut to the ref or linesman. IIRC (I do, I've watched it 100 times :P ) There's 2 handballs between Sutton clattering Langfield and the ball going over the line.) 

Edited by sbcmfc