This Weekends Games - Page 152 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Larky Masher said:

OK a banner with Bobby Sands on it

Yeah one of the GB's better efforts I'd say.

Well drawn, made a good point about the hypocrisy of the OBAF act and used lyrics from a brilliant but lesser known song.

A firm 9/10 for me. Only mark down was that it should have been done at a domestic game instead.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say Celtic have far, far more songs that are actually about their club/players/history.

I'd struggle to name 5 songs Rangers have that aren't 1) nothing to do with Rangers and 2) Rangers songs riddled with bigoted lyrics.

You need to struggle no longer.

Every Other Saturday
Four Lads
Blue Sea of Ibrox
Who's That Team
In Barcelona

:ok:

Just now, Reevesy said:

Yeah one of the GB's better efforts I'd say.

Well drawn, made a good point about the hypocrisy of the OBAF act and used lyrics from a brilliant but lesser known song.

A firm 9/10 for me. Only mark down was that it should have been done at a domestic game instead.

That's exactly what Peter Lawwell said.

27 minutes ago, phart said:

We listing "crimes" committed by the supporters of Old Firm teams.

This should make interesting reading.

So we have proscribed flags as a starter.

A rangers fan snuck into section Y of the south stand a few weeks ago and threw a red flare onto the pitch when Kenny Miller scored. 

Disgraceful. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

A rangers fan snuck into section Y of the south stand a few weeks ago and threw a red flare onto the pitch when Kenny Miller scored. 

Disgraceful. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Was not my intention to tar.  Actually totally the opposite.  I know for a fact many/most rangers fans aren't like that at all.  My fascination is why support a club that has all that mince attached to it.

i'm just imagining taking my son to a game when he's 11 or 12 surrounded by Union Jacks and scarves with red hands on them and orange flashes.  Then Rule Britannia springs up and God Save the Queen.  Or the singing section, the ones you want to hang about with really at that age wearing England tops.  Military leading the teams out as if Rangers are some kind of embodiment of all that.  This is not an inaccurate representation.  

What the f do you say to him?  It's so weird.  The energy to even begin to explain it all.:mellow:  I just don't get it.  It's the decent folk bothering that i don't get.  

Yet you did tar the full support by your wording.

You say most fans aren't Bigots yet then state the ground is filled with Red Hand flags and Bigots singing. You are contradicting yourself. 

I don't go very often because it's expensive and not very entertaining. Football in general is not value for money. 

I don't have to explain any of the stuff you bang on about as it's just not prevalent. Some games it is, against Celtic and Aberdeen especially, so I avoid those games but otherwise you're just wrong. 

3 hours ago, GRBear said:

And C*ltic don't? Take it in your world it's okay to support the IRA? 

Rule Britannia and red hands.. Is that any different to the Irish stuff they spout? At least we are actually British.. 

And you can shove your British crap as well. 

We're a Scottish club playing in Scotland. 

The butchers apron has nothing to do with that. 

Guest BlueGaz
46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Maybe you should sing them more often.

They get sung often enough.  :ok:

57 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yet you did tar the full support by your wording.

You say most fans aren't Bigots yet then state the ground is filled with Red Hand flags and Bigots singing. You are contradicting yourself. 

I don't go very often because it's expensive and not very entertaining. Football in general is not value for money. 

I don't have to explain any of the stuff you bang on about as it's just not prevalent. Some games it is, against Celtic and Aberdeen especially, so I avoid those games but otherwise you're just wrong. 

really just boils down to whether it's prevalent or not.  My perception is that it is. 

Some song about the Union Jack...ive no idea what song it is but seems sung with gusto.

22 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm not one to stick up for Celtic or Celtic fans but IMO, that's complete nonsense. 

There are arseholes in the Celtic support who often behave unacceptably. However, they're nowhere near "as bad as" Rangers. 

Absolutely agree. If Saints ever got a result against Celtic, after the games their fans would congratulate I found as opposed to the venom you'd receive from Huns if you beat them. The Huns are called the Huns for a reason.

10 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

really just boils down to whether it's prevalent or not.  My perception is that it is. 

Some song about the Union Jack...ive no idea what song it is but seems sung with gusto.

Then your perception is skewed, possibly because you don't watch or attend Rangers games regularly. 

No Idea what UJ song you mean. But then I don't really listen to folk singing, I'm busy watching football normally. 

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Absolutely agree. If Saints ever got a result against Celtic, after the games their fans would congratulate I found as opposed to the venom you'd receive from Huns if you beat them. The Huns are called the Huns for a reason.

You are right.  Terrible Huns.  When we beat Aberdeen we had nothing but congratulations from them, and all they would get is venom from us.  It is despicable behaviour.  We should always, and I mean always, have a big love-in after games.  After all, it is the taking part that counts.  :wub:

It's an orange/loyalist thing. These people are raised to believe that anyone who is different from them is an inferior human being. The WATP mentality has them thinking they can behave however they like, even if it's behaviour that belongs in the stone age.

It doesn't apply to every single Rangers fan, obviously, but you could say a very large minority (if you're being kind). Some are actually alright and shout down stuff like peado chants or the Tiffany song, but unfortunately they get labelled as Taig sympathisers and told they're not real Rangers men.

For me, any hun who supports Scotland and/or independence gets a pass but as for the rest of the kvnts I could happily live my life never interacting with them ever again, with the exception of reminding them that their club died when we play them 4-6 times a season.

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You are right.  Terrible Huns.  When we beat Aberdeen we had nothing but congratulations from them, and all they would get is venom from us.  It is despicable behaviour.  We should always, and I mean always, have a big love-in after games.  After all, it is the taking part that counts.  :wub:

some rangers and aberdeen fans do just what you describe, we have some banter during the games and congratulate each other. The two lads I attend most scotland matches with are Huns, two of my best friends are Huns. 2 of those four regularly attend matches at both Ibrox and Hampden with me. No frothing or goading each other going. If we are together when our teams play each other we get pissed all the same after the match despite the result. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

some rangers and aberdeen fans do just what you describe, we have some banter during the games and congratulate each other. The two lads I attend most scotland matches with are Huns, two of my best friends are Huns. 2 of those four regularly attend matches at both Ibrox and Hampden with me. No frothing or goading each other going. If we are together when our teams play each other we get pissed all the same after the match despite the result. 

I don't doubt you.  But as long as we are generalising and putting all the eggs in the same basket, I will do the same.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Sorry I meant orange/loyalist/ Brit army weirdos thing

You are back on it.  Once you're no longer a junkie, geez a shout. :ok: