Next Poll - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hmmm.

That is completely at odds with a conversation I had this morning.

Unless Yes figured there was no reason to take it public and have effectively binned. Keeps people motivated and focused and defers the result to the next poll which sounds like it's in the field already and ready by Sunday or early next week - more confidence if result is repeated and timing is better.

Even great polls dont have to be published. Campaign going great.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be clever use of words by Yes Scotland referring to the numbers with DKs included i.e. still under 50% (and therefore no majority) and only translating in to a majority when DKs excluded.

That would be logical. The no vote is rarely about 50% now including DKs.

read the youguv poll/survey was carried out on just over 1000 people

- not sure how many they use typically to get a fair cross-section

i do recall watching the flashy tv coverage after 92 general election -newsnight ?

- first real use of modern graphic technology

exit polls had the labour romping home - we all know what happened though

also check out the polls before the quebec 1995 vote ; which ended up being won by a baw hair

read the youguv poll/survey was carried out on just over 1000 people

- not sure how many they use typically to get a fair cross-section

i do recall watching the flashy tv coverage after 92 general election -newsnight ?

exit polls had the labour romping home - we all know what happened though

also check out the polls before the quebec 1995 vote ; which ended up being won by a baw hair

All the polls just now are on roughly 1k of people.

I do worry that this may be a repeat of 92 as well. Utterly deflating evening that....

Edited by Toepoke

That 47 to 53 % poll the other night really is a game changer. David Cameron is now being urged to postpone next year's scheduled general election, which would involve repealing the law that his own government introduced. You've also got Ruth Davidson, leader of the Scottish Conservative Party taking the extraordinary step in a live tv debate of stating that the Tories were unlikely to win the next UK general election, presumably to sway referendum voters not to vote Yes as a way of avoiding being governed by Tories. Crazy stuff...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/03/calls-to-postpone-uk-general-election-scots-independence

It looks like this poll doesn't exist, really want to see one though from Panelbase.

Ive now completed 2 for Panelbase in the last week-10 days so it does exist, but the fact they are doing another looks like someone wants to keep the first one private - or else even they dont believe the results themselves so are asking again :-)

No matter what way we cut it, it's better in the bin. If it's a Yes lead, we lose a lot of underdog status and lose focus for next week or so. If it's still a No lead, that would be a very bad result given the YouGov poll, general feel of momentum and the fact that Panelbase is one of the most Yes friendly pollsters.

Sunday Herald sound like they have their front page cover sorted for a week Sunday with a referendum special in the works so I wouldn't be surprised if a Yes lead (if it exists) is being timed for this Sunday and give them an exclusive. Ideally though, I'd prefer not to have any lead until we are into last week.

Certainly rumours about on Twitter that the Record will be leading with a Panelbase poll showing a Yes lead but Im very suspicious that some Labour types are tweeting it. I get the impression they are actively trying to set high expectations often now for Yes in order to try and disrupt momentum.

You mean like before the Euro election, so it could be spun as 'SNP fail to win third seat...'?