Next Poll - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This is great news. One other factor that's worth mentioning is the sight of the ballot paper itself (I've got a postal vote so I know what it looks like). The Yes option follows immediately under the question 'Should Scotland be an independent country?' as if the answer is being heavily suggested . I reckon some voters who leave home thinking they'll vote no could be swayed when they're in the booth.

Meantime this lyric came to mind:

A rush and a push and the land that

We stand on is ours

It has been before

So it shall be again

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few unionists getting pretty annoyed on my Facebook feed tonight. :-)) Do people not have anything else to discuss than this referendum? Can't wait till it's over!" etc etc etc

I've noticed that too. Since the Darling demolition debate the few unionists I have on facebook are 'so bored' of the debate and can't wait for it to end. One is one of the smartest people I know (I'm alright jack) one is a po-po from an orange background and one is a bucky drinking rangers fan. All saying the same thing.

Poll data

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/iyucv6hem5/Scotland_EndofAug_The_Sun_Website.pdf

looks like they used the 2011 elections to weight the results against.Any experts around who can make sense of this? According to No forums the unweighted results are 57-43 in favour of No. Of course YouGov are probably being consistent with their last poll in terms of weighting.

Edited by EddardStark

Few unionists getting pretty annoyed on my Facebook feed tonight. :-)) Do people not have anything else to discuss than this referendum? Can't wait till it's over!" etc etc etc

Let's hope they'll have a lot more to talk about after September 18th, like how can we contribute to making an independent Scotland a succcess!

I have the exact same. One lad who has been VERY vocal in support of all things union, in between sharing every post made by all the nutcase right wing FB pages in the UK, was "Can't wait until the 19th, bored of all this sh!t now....."

There is a school of thought that people like to be associated with winners.

That people who have been unsure and have been reluctant to vote Yes because it would be a losing vote, would see the polls and decide that it might be a winner after all and vote to be part of the winning side.

Things are going pretty much in line with what Yes strategists have been working to for the past two years.

I think this is very true.

The YOUGOV poll also asked questions on how much each campaign had tried to contact voters. YES had highest contact rate bar one category, telephony. Even this was only a marginal higher amount for NO. Simply, the NO campaign do not have the grassroot people power of YES, this will win us the referendum. If you havent done anything yet, there is still newspapers and leaflets to be delivered. Contact your local YES group, dont have a ny regrets on the 19th that you could have done more.

The opinions of the houseprice site are so based on uneducated positions as to be downright funny.

Latest bit of campaigning from Better Together is to get McDonalds and Coca Cola to back the No Vote:

project-together-logo.jpg

Last gasp attempt by BT to get the undecided youth vote with cartoon character friendliness

mcDo1-250x220.jpg

and by getting 2 Vanessa Maes and either Burt Kwouk or Gok Wan involved

2014-04-07+15.16.41.jpg

Is that a pish-take?

Have i been Grebnered? :lol: