Next Poll - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Exactly like that. I think they bounced Henry McLeish into a corner using the same trick. Actually seems to be gaining credibility so might be some truth in it, but LabourList and Hothersall were both retweeting the Panelbase rumour which suggested they were pushing expectations up, or thought they could bounce the poll out or into the bin.

Either way, we're at a point now where the rumours have been so prominent that if Panelbase doesn't show a lead, it's a major kick in the staines for the good guys. Think there's no way an internal Panelbase poll now would be released unless it shows a lead.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly like that. I think they bounced Henry McLeish into a corner using the same trick. Actually seems to be gaining credibility so might be some truth in it, but LabourList and Hothersall were both retweeting the Panelbase rumour which suggested they were pushing expectations up, or thought they could bounce the poll out or into the bin.

Either way, we're at a point now where the rumours have been so prominent that if Panelbase doesn't show a lead, it's a major kick in the staines for the good guys. Think there's no way an internal Panelbase poll now would be released unless it shows a lead.

If that kind of tactic is all they have left they're in a pretty bad place

Another YouGov poll coming out on Sunday in the Sunday Times. If this is close the excrement will hit the fan.

So soon?? You can only assume that it's a 'corrector' funded by the daily mail with questions such as "do you agree that scotland should become the fat salmond pol pot republic of bananas?"

Edited by thewelk

Smithson is a Tory. And not a pleasant one at that (are there any other kinds?). Simply:

1) We dont know for sure who commisioned the Panelbase poll

2) If it was Yes Scotland, it could have showed no change or a small insignificant slip, and hence not released to preserve the "momentum"

3) It could still have shown a huge Yes lead, at which Id also be concerned about releasing it. Frau Tarantula always warns me about peaking too soon :-) If, however, it did show a lead, other polls nearer the time will also show a Yes lead, giving No less time to react

4) It still might be fecking released

My guess - the changes in panelbase are not going to be anywhere near as massive as those from Yougov. Chances are it kept Yes at 48% or possibly 47%, which isnt exactly bad for Yes.

We will get a couple of polls which show Yes in the lead before the 18th. Im pretty sure of that - even if its just random error. Folk just need to get out and get the work done (while I sit on a train heading to Dortmund having a beer) ;-)

I'm not sure about these polls. The media are always all over them for a story. Narrowing polls build excitement, which sells papers and increases website views. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one w/c 15th Sept saying 50/50.

Although hope I'm just being suspicious and YES are actually romping it of course!