Next Poll - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The abstention thing is part of the Edinburgh Agreement.

It's not very well known as Better Together want to earn sponsorship money for people voting No, but it should be publicised more.

Basically, if you want to vote No - you don't need to vote as it is automatically included in the No vote total.

You only need to vote if you want to vote Yes.

It's a scandal that Salmond agreed to this, but he got his choice of question so fair's fair.

We should make every No voter aware of this.

I have heard that one of the sponsors are Tunnocks.

Basically, if you are a no but can't be bothered to vote, simply buy a box of caramel wafers. It's a bit more complicated than that but the upshot will be your money will go via Tunnocks to the Electoral Commission, thus paying for your vote, and you get to eat a delicious box of Tunnocks Caramel Wafers.

I have heard that one of the sponsors are Tunnocks.

Basically, if you are a no but can't be bothered to vote, simply buy a box of caramel wafers. It's a bit more complicated than that but the upshot will be your money will go via Tunnocks to the Electoral Commission, thus paying for your vote, and you get to eat a delicious box of Tunnocks Caramel Wafers.

That's just stupid.

But I did hear that you needed to put either a tick or a cross in the Yes box. If you think Scotland can be an independent country you tick the yes box, if you think it can't be an independent country you put an x in the yes box.

If you think Scotland can be an independent country you tick the yes box, if you think it can't be an independent country you put an x in the yes box.

If you think Scotland can't be an independent country, but should be, then the correct answer is still Yes.

If you think Scotland should be an independent country, but think the Yes campaign's proposals aren't proper independence, then the correct answer is still Yes.

Yep. Panelbase one of the friendly pollsters so unsurprising they've got a lead when you consider the YouGov poll. I still think it's too early to be in the lead so I hope it's very narrow.

Now is good enough. By the time we get back from Germany it will be right on top of us. It's around the corner

Have literally just completed yet another Panelbase survey. This one also asked for an opinion on which leaders have Scotland's best interests at heart - listing all the Scottish party leaders (including Patrick Harvie), Sturgeon, Cameron, Miliband and Clegg. Also asked "if Scotland could be a successful independent country", "who has run the more positive campaign" as well as the usual "how will you vote", "how certain are you to vote" etc. Survey is open until 5th Sept at the latest.

Few bitters on twitter saying that Yes Scotland have the results of a Panelbase poll showing a lead for Yes, but they're waiting til next week to release it for maximum effect

Hmmmm

They're getting it verified, as YesScotland didn't believe the data - massive swing apparently... :-))

Where you seeing that, Clyde?

Someone told me that it showed a Yes lead. I read on Twitter a few days ago - I'll try and find the tweet - that it shows Yes at 55% (excluding undecided voters). The Yes campaign would mostly likely wish for Panelbase to check the numbers to confirm this figure, due to the huge swing towards yes.

They're getting it verified, as YesScotland didn't believe the data - massive swing apparently... :-))

They're past that now. The only debate is when to publish.

I was told that the result of the poll "will excite the hell out of Yes campaigners".

Surely an exclusive for Sunday Herald at the very latest and as a bonus for supporting Yes vote. Giving polling is going to ramp up now, it could be trumped by a fresher poll by then. The YouGov effect is dying away not and tomorrow to mark two weeks to go feels apt.

Good problem to have though. Still feel it's a bit far out to be taking a lead but the momentum feels very real so not sure it matters.

They're past that now. The only debate is when to publish.

I was told that the result of the poll "will excite the hell out of Yes campaigners".

.... and did they tell you the results of the poll?

Just noticed this one.

.@YesScotland denies it has a new yes vote majority poll: it's rumour, and it's not true. #indyref

Bah! I wonder if Better Together have successfully managed to repeat their bounce on Henry McLeish. Given how friendly Panelbase are, if they didnt report a Yes lead, it would probably be spun as a disappointing result - I wonder if Better Together figured they had nothing to lose by starting a rumour a very good poll was imminent. If it were true, they could flush it out early, if it was bad, it gets buried to much disappointment or Yes Scotland are forced to throw it in bin.

Whatever they had sounds like it has been thrown in bin or wasnt very good news from a Yes perspective.