Next Poll - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I was speaking with a well-known footsoldier and campaigner in Renfrew who was telling me of an area which has consistently recorded 45% Yes, last week returned 75%.

After the posts above, and the 'daring to dream' fred, i can always count on Flure posting something that gets me confident again! :ok:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just completed a poll for yougov. Some of the questions seemed a bit rigged so a bit suspicious of where it came from,filled it in anyway as it did ask the core questions about the vote.

This pickles me, why don't they just ask the one question, the one that's on the ballot paper, and be done with it

Bitter Together will now have to lie about the polls right up to the election

As someone recently said - If you came to Scotland and didnt read any papers, watch tv or see any poll results - you would think from your own eyes that Yes is going to win by a landslide

If the polls start putting Yes in front, more and more people in the media etc will come out as Yessers and it will snowball even further to the extent that the No campaign is extinguished a week before the vote

By continually suggesting the polls are tight or No is in front it gives the illusion that their final week of campaigning is meaningful

The polls may be bad tonight, but I know what I saw today in the traditionally tough area of Dalkeith. Overwhelmingly Yes, and never more than a couple of people at the No stall at any one time. Oldies are still an issue, but overall I'm still astonished at the change in attitudes.

I was speaking with a well-known footsoldier and campaigner in Renfrew who was telling me of an area which has consistently recorded 45% Yes, last week returned 75%.

I canvassed an area of North Ayrshire last night that is affectionately known locally as 'Little belfast'. We've to finish it off tonight, but current count with around 3/4's done and with the small number of undecideds removed it stands at 52-48% in favour of No... To put a perspective on it, the last lot to canvass the area were Yes Scotland back in June and they quietly returned just 27% Yes.

Even the stereotypical Unionists are turning to Yes. :ok:

Bitter Together will now have to lie about the polls right up to the election

As someone recently said - If you came to Scotland and didnt read any papers, watch tv or see any poll results - you would think from your own eyes that Yes is going to win by a landslide

If the polls start putting Yes in front, more and more people in the media etc will come out as Yessers and it will snowball even further to the extent that the No campaign is extinguished a week before the vote

By continually suggesting the polls are tight or No is in front it gives the illusion that their final week of campaigning is meaningful

Glasgow earlier this afternoon:

Bw2r_BcIEAAsHva.jpg

Bw2hiCZIcAEIXSX.jpg

I don't know if that tells us very much but going by my own personal experiences then if the Nos really are the silent majority they put many Dominican monks to shame.

Edited by scotlad

Expectations of a Yes vote are off the scale. Its only natural that they expect to win. No is made up of an incompatible allegiance that to be honest hate sharing the same platform never mind a show of strength.However within each party movement there will be a lot of mobilising of voters. Particulary the labour vote.

The pictures of Glasgow, Elgin etc, the talk of polls showing a Yes lead and the general feeling I am hearing and seeing around the country are giving me goosebumps on a monumental scale. I have always hoped & believed but now I am daring to dream.............