EU Referendum - Page 63 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

27 minutes ago, phart said:

26809-1uzkkzc.JPG

That's a very interesting take on this. If we had to leave I'd want someone like David Cameron doing the negotiation not the men who made promises they could not keep. Cameron made a massive mistake with the referendum and he knows this. He was ####ed over by close friends. Who will push the button?

You voted for these arseholes Alan. Maybe you should have had a plan for when they got in and fecked the country.

edit: sorry that's right you dont do plans just talking out your arses. :spin:

Edited by thplinth

12 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

Regardless of the quality of teacher, the pace of education will inevitably be slower. 

Not necessarily, kids with asbergers or learning difficulties get taught in mainstream education, they just need a little help from extra staff.

You never know, the rest of the class might learn some Polish and a bit about Polish culture and history.

Children are amazing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/entire-class-learns-sign-language-to-communicate-with-deaf-classmate-a6860756.html

J

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

How come?  Everyone else in class was shit at Maths, but I did fine. 

If English was their first language then that example is not comparable. Unless of course you are implying that you don't have to speak English in a Maths class which of course is absurd.

And we should be embracing these kids not saying their language skills are sh1t.

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You voted for these arseholes Alan. Maybe you should have had a plan for when they got in and fecked the country.

edit: sorry that's right you dont do plans just talking out your arses. :spin:

I donated and campaigned for Stronger In. Was part of Get Out The Vote on Thursday. My plan didn't work out sadly.

6 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Not necessarily, kids with asbergers or learning difficulties get taught in mainstream education, they just need a little help from extra staff.

You never know, the rest of the class might learn some Polish and a bit about Polish culture and history.

Children are amazing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/entire-class-learns-sign-language-to-communicate-with-deaf-classmate-a6860756.html

J

Are you saying they should be categorised as having learning difficulties? I'm not comfortable with that. Are you ok with say 15 of the class having Aspergers/ADHD/Other disability/Polish and your child would not be affected? Or would you rather have a class with 0 (Zero) of any learning disability. 

11 minutes ago, Alan said:

I donated and campaigned for Stronger In. Was part of Get Out The Vote on Thursday. My plan didn't work out sadly.

Your plan is to vote for the tories and then when they get into power make a few weak ass gestures to mitigate the lunacy they unleash. Oh ok. How did that work out.

You voted for this but now want to slip your responsibility. Bleating and bleating and bleating about accountability for so long it was nauseating... How about you are accountable for the monster fukk up you and your absurd Eton twat pals have inflicted on us all.

My plan did not work out sadly... FFS

I'm a bit confused by that article about Boris Johnson. What exactly is the author trying to say about him?

Are they saying that Boris didn't really want the UK to leave the EU and therefore, presumably, only campaigned for that option because he never thought it had a chance of winning? In other words, he wanted to position himself as being in favour of leaving (I assume to make himself more popular among anti-EU folk), but actually he didn't really believe it was right for the UK to leave.

Or are they saying that Boris does want the UK to leave the EU, but doesn't want to be the one who has to take the ultimate decision to start the process off?

I guess I'm confused because I had always assumed that this was a serious issue affecting the future of the UK, and not just a game for politicians to play while they try and progress their careers.

If, as Boris did, you campaigned for the UK to leave, surely you should be delighted to be given the opportunity to take the UK in the direction that you believe is the right one? Everyone knew what a leave vote would mean in terms of what the potential consequences of leaving the EU would be. Everyone knew there would be challenges and problems and a whole load of things to sort out.

I just don't understand how Boris has been checkmated by Cameron. If Boris wasn't prepared to deal with the consequences of leaving the EU, he shouldn't have campaigned to leave.

5 minutes ago, George Saint said:

I'm a bit confused by that article about Boris Johnson. What exactly is the author trying to say about him?

Are they saying that Boris didn't really want the UK to leave the EU and therefore, presumably, only campaigned for that option because he never thought it had a chance of winning? In other words, he wanted to position himself as being in favour of leaving (I assume to make himself more popular among anti-EU folk), but actually he didn't really believe it was right for the UK to leave.

Or are they saying that Boris does want the UK to leave the EU, but doesn't want to be the one who has to take the ultimate decision to start the process off?

I guess I'm confused because I had always assumed that this was a serious issue affecting the future of the UK, and not just a game for politicians to play while they try and progress their careers.

If, as Boris did, you campaigned for the UK to leave, surely you should be delighted to be given the opportunity to take the UK in the direction that you believe is the right one? Everyone knew what a leave vote would mean in terms of what the potential consequences of leaving the EU would be. Everyone knew there would be challenges and problems and a whole load of things to sort out.

I just don't understand how Boris has been checkmated by Cameron. If Boris wasn't prepared to deal with the consequences of leaving the EU, he shouldn't have campaigned to leave.

I'm not sure how informed many voters are/were especially in this instance.

These Eton twats are risk taking twats of the highest order.

Listen to Boris taking to Darius Guppy (google Guppy to see who he is).

The idea that this whole debate was one of these twats in a pissing contest with the other sums it all up. We left the EU for these two fannies? It is crazy.

Edited by thplinth

10 hours ago, Rossy said:

I notice that the farming community....ever ready for years now to get stuck into the SNP..... has gone incredibly quiet on the back of this vote. 

I presume that they're too busy pouring over their online bank accounts wondering how they're going to fill the huge whole that used to be EU money. 

I just saw a few farmers getting interviewed at The Highland Show on CNN. Only 1 of all interviewed (I think 5) indicated he would vote Yes in a second indy ref.

37 minutes ago, hauniscots said:

If English was their first language then that example is not comparable. Unless of course you are implying that you don't have to speak English in a Maths class which of course is absurd.

And we should be embracing these kids not saying their language skills are sh1t.

Actually, my kids are in Gaelic Medium Education and there are some kids with very poor Gaelic skills, especially initially. The school however is excellent and the kids are thriving. 

10 minutes ago, Capital Saint said:

I just saw a few farmers getting interviewed at The Highland Show on CNN. Only 1 of all interviewed (I think 5) indicated he would vote Yes in a second indy ref.

My one farmer friend named a new foal born on his farm last year "Tory", he added a UKOK twibbon to his profile pictures the other day...  Presumably to counter all the Yes ones that have popped up.

56 minutes ago, neilser said:

Makes me think about Eamon de Valera sending Michael Collins to negotiate with the British government after the Irish War of Independence.

That's an interesting parallel, although in de Valera's case it was about eliminating - literally as it turned out - a rival and protecting his own position. For Cameron it's revenge pure and simple. 

Scotland needs to get away from this English madness quickstyle

We are in real fooking bother and the MSM are only concerned about Jeremy Corbyn and Labour

There are calls from some to let Boris have an uncontested leadership election (like Michael Howard had) in 2003 so he can be in charge by the end of next week

The next few days and weeks are going to be in turmoil and it is going to kick off somewhere

The racism in England since the vote is shocking.

The NF and BNP clearly think that they have been given a mandate

1 hour ago, George Saint said:

the implication i take is that Boris's first priority was to be PM; and Brexit (or rather, being seen as a leader of half the country in the Leave campaign) was just a route to that, even if he was ambivalent about who actually won. Cameron check-mated him (the argument would go), by denying him his real priority. In some ways Boris looks less likely to be PM now than last week.

Edited by exile

28 minutes ago, tartandon said:

Lots of anti-Scottish, racist comments in there

Aye - though this boy ought to have tried a wee bit harder when he pretended to be Scottish:

George
George41 minutes ago

Im a Jock & Nicola is an idiot. We all knew she would try this. She will never win another break-up referendum. What a waste of money

Edited by neilser
Spelling