Dundee Utd comeback thread - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd comeback thread

8 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Sorry Angus - given some of the refereeing displays I have witnessed over the years, some in games  against your team, that is actually a lot of pish.

So are you saying you think there is a problem with referees knowingly cheating in games?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mitre said:

The standard of refereeing in Scotland is a disgrace and has been in serious decline for years

You can forgive referees dropping the occasional clanger but there is utter incompetence in most games i watch

100% this. They can't even seem to get the basics right. In the recent Rangers/Hibs game the ref gives a foul and Jason Cummings does keepyuppy and lobs the Rangers keeper from about 40 yards right in front of the ref. The most blatant yellow card you'll ever see and he didn't give it. Basic things. 

The Inverness/Aberdeen game a few weeks ago was possibly the worst display from a ref I've seen in a long time. My old man was watching it with me and commented that the ref wouldn't be allowed to officiate in a primary school game in England let alone a top flight game. 

I'm sure fans of English clubs have low opinions of their refs but they're 100 times better that their Scottish counterparts.

23 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

So are you saying you think there is a problem with referees knowingly cheating in games?

What I am saying fairbairn is that I have on occasion witnessed decisions that cannot even be explained by the sheer incompetence excuse. The decisions have been so wrong and baffling that the only logical explanation is a bias towards one of the teams. Of course this is not always the case but on occasion there appears no other explanation. 

42 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It does sound silly when you put it like that. I think it's fair to say that certain referees feel certain pressures when refereeing certain teams. 

59 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

43 minutes ago, dave said:

I'm sure fans of English clubs have low opinions of their refs but they're 100 times better that their Scottish counterparts.

This too, is just nonsense. Be interested to know how you even arrived at this Dave. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Being frustrated at poor decisions is fair enough. Claiming that refs are deliberately cheating against your club is just a lot of pish.

That's not the royal 'you' BTW, Im talking generally. 

I agree.

I find it impossible (and I've always found it impossible) to believe that referees in Scotland show deliberate bias. 

I do though believe that too many referees in Scotland get the big decisions wrong too often, but are protected by the 'system'.

Steven McLean is the example that comes first to mind. His abysmal decisions in the last couple of years cost Aberdeen 2nd place in the league (and a lot of cash), and Celtic a Scottish cup final place...yet he's still used as the SFA pin-up boy for referee recruitment. 

Collum has made so many wrong decisions in so many big games over the years it's almost impossible to believe that he's representing Scotland at the Euros.

For what it's worth, I think Madden is a good referee, but he made a howler last night which could have been fatal to Aberdeen's championship chances.

Mike McCurry was a cheatin curnt every time we played Rangers,So was Syme and Rowbottom and Dallas.

Who was the ref that sent Mulgrew off at Ibrox ? Add him to that list 

Recently when Collum(CURNT) and McLean(####IN CURNT) ref Aberdeen games I fear the worst.I don't know if they are cheating like the other ones I mentioned but about 99% of the big decisions go against us when they ref ....and the other 1% is usually a drop ball ten yards closer to our goal.

33 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

How many Scottish refs would get a game in the EPL? I'm not disputing that they get all decisions correct, but refs in the SPL are consistently making the wrong decisions every week. 

8 minutes ago, dave said:

How many Scottish refs would get a game in the EPL? I'm not disputing that they get all decisions correct, but refs in the SPL are consistently making the wrong decisions every week. 

Sorry to burst yer bubble mate, but refs get decisions wrong all over Europe every week. Even in the super dooper EPL.

Ssn dedicates a slot to Dermot Gallagher every Monday morning to pick through the weekends mistakes. There are always plenty. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Sorry to burst yer bubble mate, but refs get decisions wrong all over Europe every week. Even in the super dooper EPL.

Ssn dedicates a slot to Dermot Gallagher every Monday morning to pick through the weekends mistakes. There are always plenty. 

Some of the decisions in last few weeks up here have been beyond your normal wrong call situations. Yes refs get things wrong in other leagues but I rarely see the level of incompetence (because it can't be anything else) as is regularly on display here in Scotland.

Referees (especially ex referees) and their bosses up here appear to be more interested in defending each other's shockers than doing anything about improving their decision making.

I suspect some may even revel in the publicity and notoriety which comes with making staggeringly bad calls. There is certainly evidence that some use such incidents to make money on after dinner speaking circuits after their career is over.

2 hours ago, TartanJon said:

Mike McCurry was a cheatin curnt every time we played Rangers,So was Syme and Rowbottom and Dallas.

Who was the ref that sent Mulgrew off at Ibrox ? Add him to that list 

Recently when Collum(CURNT) and McLean(####IN CURNT) ref Aberdeen games I fear the worst.I don't know if they are cheating like the other ones I mentioned but about 99% of the big decisions go against us when they ref ....and the other 1% is usually a drop ball ten yards closer to our goal.

Can't tell if being sarcastic or if proper delusional and paranoid...

8 hours ago, TartanJon said:

These type of decisions are happening to often for it to be "honest mistakes"

:lol:  Loving the old-firmification of Aberdeen fans now they've won the diddy cup. 

Never a penalty nor a foul.  Goal should have stood IMO.  

Now, if Thistle get a penalty next Tuesday I shall retract my statement and all referees shall be deemed Masonic. 

13 minutes ago, Debian said:

Why was the Utd player booked?

To me is neither a dive, or a foul. Dons player passes the ball and runs into the Utd player...

Remarkable 

Madden kinda waved his yellow card around aimlessly, and I reckon about 5 players from each side thought they'd been yellow carded, but in the end it was only Shinnie.

46 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Madden kinda waved his yellow card around aimlessly, and I reckon about 5 players from each side thought they'd been yellow carded, but in the end it was only Shinnie.

I wonder if they Luxembourg refs fancy another jaunt over?