Dundee Utd comeback thread - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd comeback thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

Why would someone be a red Hun for complaining about decision against their team ? 

Surely i I would be a red tattie muncher since Celtic fans are the most paranoid ???

I wouldna worry - the person responsible for starting the "red hun" chat has recently started some sort of emoji guessing game in another thread. Best glossed over and forgotten..... 

Interestingly, the folk I see moaning about officials being against their team the most, are fans of Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs. You can add in the Jambos manager, I don't think their fans have actually been that bad on the subject. 

Anyone know how they are getting on in their respective leagues? 

9 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Interestingly, the folk I see moaning about officials being against their team the most, are fans of Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs. You can add in the Jambos manager, I don't think their fans have actually been that bad on the subject. 

Anyone know how they are getting on in their respective leagues? 

Not as well as we should have been....!!

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Did Celtic "bottle" it last night, or is it only us that can "bottle" it? 

They are still 4 points ahead. They haven't bottled anything yet. Apart from the League Cup Semi, that is. With Rangers out of the league the Tims would have been expecting at least one treble by now.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They are still 4 points ahead. They haven't bottled anything yet. Apart from the League Cup Semi, that is. With Rangers out of the league the Tims would have been expecting at least one treble by now.

A contradiction in your post no? 

30 minutes ago, donkeydik said:

Contact?? Certainly looks like it......

So because the ref decided it was a dive, he chopped off a goal? 

Now that's funny. Completely wrong decision but very funny.

Thank God it didn't happen to Celtic. Their fans would be following the ref around and going through his bins looking for conspiracy documentation like a pair of orange socks!

40 minutes ago, donkeydik said:

Contact?? Certainly looks like it......

Without knowing the context it took me about 5 minutes work out what happened and even then I'm still not sure what Madden was thinking? :wtf:

Edited by Toepoke

17 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

These type of decisions are happening to often for it to be "honest mistakes"

Aberdeen need to hire Celtics private detective to put Hugh Dallas's windows in.

Don't forget to add the polis, the masons and the corpse of Jim Farry into the mix !

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't forget to add the polis, the masons and the corpse of Jim Farry into the mix !

Don't forget the papers.

Oh Aye and clubs having the audacity to bid for players during the designated transfer windows. It's all one big conspiracy....

Madden, Finnie, Collum, Beaton and McClean are some of the most incompetent referees I have ever seen and I have been watching football for over 40 years now.

That Madden decision last night is absolutely appalling.

Finnie was atrocious at Rugby Park on Tuesday night.

As for Beaton. Killie v Motherwell last October Killie commit 6 fouls have 4 players booked.

Motherwell commit 18 and have 2 booked.

55 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

These type of decisions are happening to often for it to be "honest mistakes"

Aberdeen need to hire Celtics private detective to put Hugh Dallas's windows in.

Mmmmmm. Sounds like red hun chat to me.

Staggeringly poor decision. 

One which should see him removed from the top league for a spell. 

Whoever is training or advising the officials needs to have a look at themselves too. 

No referee will get everything right but some of the things we've witnessed over the last few seasons are rotten calls over straightforward decisions and it's a worryingly increasing trend. 

We've certainly been on the end of a couple of comically awful decisions in the last couple of weeks.

One didn't cost us points thankfully (last night), but one may have (Collum's idiotic penalty).

It's not hard to understand McInnes's frustration.

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

As for Beaton. Killie v Motherwell last October Killie commit 6 fouls have 4 players booked.

Motherwell commit 18 and have 2 booked.

It's the severity of the fouls not the number that's important.

48 minutes ago, Rossy said:

We've certainly been on the end of a couple of comically awful decisions in the last couple of weeks.

One didn't cost us points thankfully (last night), but one may have (Collum's idiotic penalty).

I'm surprised McInnes didn't punch his lights out. That's possibly the single worst decision I have seen.

The standard of refereeing in Scotland is a disgrace and has been in serious decline for years

You can forgive referees dropping the occasional clanger but there is utter incompetence in most games i watch

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Being frustrated at poor decisions is fair enough. Claiming that refs are deliberately cheating against your club is just a lot of pish.

That's not the royal 'you' BTW, Im talking generally. 

9 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Being frustrated at poor decisions is fair enough. Claiming that refs are deliberately cheating against your club is just a lot of pish.

That's not the royal 'you' BTW, Im talking generally. 

Sorry Angus - given some of the refereeing displays I have witnessed over the years, some in games  against your team, that is actually a lot of pish.