Dundee Utd comeback thread - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd comeback thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Shinnie's yellow card has been rescinded. 

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/7589.php#.VuHILZyLTIU

Didn't they have a feature on the SFA site a few years ago where the referees explained decisions? Maybe I just imagined it.

They had it for a season then realised that transparency and communication have no place in the Scottish game, so they ditched it sharpish.

• 2 weeks later...

Thompson issues bleak outlook warning if United go down. Can we change this thread title to "Utd in Crisis(Maybe)" What will happen to the several million pounds United owe certain shareholders?

“The combination of these circumstances, including the potential need to secure additional funding, represents a material uncertainty that may cast significant doubt upon the company’s ability to continue as a going concern and, therefore, its ability to realise its assets and discharge its liabilities in the normal course of business.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-thompson-warns-dundee-united-7629185#AAWtFTwxZ28RQGPp.97

Edited by EddardStark

That's a cut and paste from every football club's accounts for the last 20 years, not overly concerned.  Would expect the Record to make it sound as dramatic as possible.

Was it you or them that missed out the following paragraph about "that said.... the directors have a reasonable expectation that the company will have adequate resources to continue in operational existence for the foreseeable future"?

Thompson very much reaping what he sold by selling too much too quickly. 

Commonsense really that being relegated will affect the clubs income. Did the record just pull out all the tasty bits to try and satisfy the gloating hordes from Ibrox cheerlead by our very own Eddard?  Sounds to me Thompson is pretty much stating that we will have to cut our cloth to reflect our league position rather than keep spending money we can't afford like some other clubs have done. I would have thought £1.2m in fees will help the accounts.

If we get into real bother I suppose we could just go into admin and dump any debt like others have done so successfully. 

43 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Commonsense really that being relegated will affect the clubs income. Did the record just pull out all the tasty bits to try and satisfy the gloating hordes from Ibrox cheerlead by our very own Eddard?  Sounds to me Thompson is pretty much stating that we will have to cut our cloth to reflect our league position rather than keep spending money we can't afford like some other clubs have done. I would have thought £1.2m in fees will help the accounts.

If we get into real bother I suppose we could just go into admin and dump any debt like others have done so successfully. 

:ok:

You could even liquidate and keep your history. 

Edited by AberdeenAngus

23 hours ago, ShedTA said:

And all because Eddard dared to point out your Chairmans own words?

I really hope you don't have to suffer the same nonsense we've had to put up with for the last 4 years. It's very wearing on your patience. ?

Well.............The Houdini act continues.

Adam, Shed, Strappy & Scrappy etc must be 'beginning' to believe. Just a wee bit! Surely?

Win against Plastic Whistle on Tuesday night will no doubt see you guys 'pulling the heid aff it' bigtime! ;)

As much as it would be funny as feck to see TSMSTID go down, I'd miss my trips to Tannadichee.......

On 03/04/2016 at 9:28 AM, Redz said:

Well.............The Houdini act continues.

Adam, Shed, Strappy & Scrappy etc must be 'beginning' to believe. Just a wee bit! Surely?

Win against Plastic Whistle on Tuesday night will no doubt see you guys 'pulling the heid aff it' bigtime! ;)

As much as it would be funny as feck to see TSMSTID go down, I'd miss my trips to Tannadichee.......

Win tomorrow and i might start to believe theres a chance .  still think we have left it too late though.