Dundee Utd comeback thread - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd comeback thread

8 hours ago, OLAS said:

:lol:  Loving the old-firmification of Aberdeen fans now they've won the diddy cup. 

Never a penalty nor a foul.  Goal should have stood IMO.  

Now, if Thistle get a penalty next Tuesday I shall retract my statement and all referees shall be deemed Masonic. 

Your lot still have nights out to celebrate winning that diddy cup 45 years ago but then when a clubs highlight since 1971 is Chic Charnley chasing three bams down Maryhill Rd with a sword what would you expect.

TBH I need to google whether we won that diddy cup in 2013 or 2014

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a terrible memory when you consider it's the only thing you've won on twenty years.  And you lot not only bang on about winning the European Charity Shield but actually incorporate it in the club badge!  

It's all relative though, that's why Thistle celebrate their moment of glory, why United go on and on about their one league win and why Aberdeen are desperate to pretend they won two European trophies instead of one. 

1 hour ago, TartanJon said:

Your lot still have nights out to celebrate winning that diddy cup 45 years ago but then when a clubs highlight since 1971 is Chic Charnley chasing three bams down Maryhill Rd with a sword what would you expect.

TBH I need to google whether we won that diddy cup in 2013 or 2014

I would have thought winning twice in the same season at Pittodrie (2002-2003) would have ranked above that.

Edited by Barney Rubble

59 minutes ago, adamntg said:

That's a terrible memory when you consider it's the only thing you've won on twenty years.  And you lot not only bang on about winning the European Charity Shield but actually incorporate it in the club badge!  

It's all relative though, that's why Thistle celebrate their moment of glory, why United go on and on about their one league win and why Aberdeen are desperate to pretend they won two European trophies instead of one. 

I have other shit I care more about than Aberdeen.They aren't that important in my life.I like the social side of going to the football though.

19 hours ago, TartanJon said:

Mike McCurry was a cheatin curnt every time we played Rangers,So was Syme and Rowbottom and Dallas.

Who was the ref that sent Mulgrew off at Ibrox ? Add him to that list 

Recently when Collum(CURNT) and McLean(####IN CURNT) ref Aberdeen games I fear the worst.I don't know if they are cheating like the other ones I mentioned but about 99% of the big decisions go against us when they ref ....and the other 1% is usually a drop ball ten yards closer to our goal.

Mike McCurry is probably the biggest example if what I am talking about. No way he was just bad, he was an out and out cheating cnut. And that's how he will always be remembered. 

2 hours ago, jock strap said:

just resigned to the fact of relegation and jealousy at you lot. :(

Strappy, that could just about be the finest selection of words you've ever posted on here mucker!   :lol:   :lol:  :lol:  :P

1 hour ago, TartanJon said:

Big chance he might make it.I've booked an open top bus for May just in case.

I've got a week booked off work so I can go on a 168 hour mental bender.

14 hours ago, Redz said:

It was an open goal.........Sorry! :wave:

Don't apologise buddy, you and I both know if the teams were in opposite positions, I would be all over you like a fresh dose :lol:

throw it out and take it back, otherwise, don't bother as you'll end up looking like an Aberdeen fan on the TAMB :D

see you in Prague mate :ok: