January Transfer News - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

McGregor was decent but very limited. A kind of Kirk Broadfoot-a-like. The fact he won our player of the season award was testament to how utterly abysmal we were last season.

That said, I liked his enthusiasm and was slightly disappointed to see him leave. He was one of the very few to get pass marks last season. Come to think of it, pretty much the only one, hence his award.

I thought it was the right decision to move him on, but most definitely had no ill feeling towards him, for his efforts, quite the opposite in fact.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, he isn't. Also being played out of position as a defensive midfielder instead of out wide and yet still has been good this season.

He's not a holding midfielder? That would explain why his positional sense and discipline is so rank rotten!

He's maybe a decent wide player. He's a garbage holding midfielder.

He's not a holding midfielder? That would explain why his positional sense and discipline is so rank rotten!

He's maybe a decent wide player. He's a garbage holding midfielder.

It's definitely one of our weaker areas, although I, personally, think the centre of defence needs addressed first.

It's definitely one of our weaker areas, although I, personally, think the centre of defence needs addressed first.

I think we could do with looking at the whole spine of the team. I'm still not convinced by Foderingham, we need a strong centre half and a good holding midfielder and we could do with an actual centre forward as well. For all Waghorn is banging them in at the moment he's not a traditional "number 9". For me those 4 positions are vital to get some quality/experience in if we want to make any impression in the SPL next year should we go up.

I think we could do with looking at the whole spine of the team. I'm still not convinced by Foderingham, we need a strong centre half and a good holding midfielder and we could do with an actual centre forward as well. For all Waghorn is banging them in at the moment he's not a traditional "number 9". For me those 4 positions are vital to get some quality/experience in if we want to make any impression in the SPL next year should we go up.

I like Foderingham. He took a bit of time to settle in, but now is playing well. I'd like us to keep Ball once his contract expires at the end of the Season, looks very composed, and I actually though - it was Cowdenbeath - that him and Wilson had a good game together.

Under Warbs 4-3-3, there is no traditional number 9... Miller, Waghorn and Mackay all rotate. Having a big lump or a poacher is not his style.

If we go up I think Waghorn deserves a shot at it. As has been said earlier in the thread, I expect Clark and Shiels to move on too, and with Miller getting on, a forward will obviously be required.

Like Debian I quite like Foderingham. Seems to have cut out the first time passes that were putting us under pressure earlier in the season. Again it's difficult to judge either way, as he has had little to do in a big chunk of games. Jury still out for that reason.

As for Wilson and Ball, I'm just not sure. Ball looks like he has the potential, along side someone with a bit more experience perhaps. Wilson is looking increasingly like a poor signing with every passing game. I don't know one Jambo that was sad to see him go, and this was their club captain. He hasn't proven any of them wrong imo.

For Hearts it is about keeping the players we have. If we do, can't see any point in signing anyone else. The squad we have is more than good enough to finish in the top three or four, additional signings will just add to the wage bill to no real purpose. I think much the same could be said of the OF. Both should be good enough to win their respective leagues reasonably comfortably from where they are now with the squads of players they have, unless their respective rivals somehow fund really significant signings from somewhere, which isn't going to happen. Good bit of business by Rangers to extend Holt's contract though, bad piece of judgement by Hearts to let him go when they did in my view.

For Hearts it is about keeping the players we have. If we do, can't see any point in signing anyone else. The squad we have is more than good enough to finish in the top three or four, additional signings will just add to the wage bill to no real purpose. I think much the same could be said of the OF. Both should be good enough to win their respective leagues reasonably comfortably from where they are now with the squads of players they have, unless their respective rivals somehow fund really significant signings from somewhere, which isn't going to happen. Good bit of business by Rangers to extend Holt's contract though, bad piece of judgement by Hearts to let him go when they did in my view.

He's (Holt) been a stand out for us this season. Didn't really know a great deal about him when we signed him and assumed he'd be a squad player/backup but he's arguably been our best player so far this season.

:lol:

Has it been playing up since the Unirea Urziceni game?

In fairness, the WiFi was shite and very rarely worked so I support the board's stance on this (assuming, of course, that usage by all was promised in the contract).

Anyway, I digress.

I hope we don't sign O'Halloran because I don't particularly rate him. There, I said it.