January Transfer News - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not a striker. He only happens to score the odd goal here and there. Usually against pish teams

See my subsequent post to Ormond after he corrected me too.

Still not sure he's what we need but willing to travel trust in Warbs just now.

Edited by RenfrewBlue

Paul Quinn going back to Ross County,that's four of Derek's summer signings away.I think the only one left is Shinnie.

Sounds bad but it probably isn't really. McLaughlin and Parker are loan signings that simply didn't work out (the former not really getting a chance). Ward was so much of a success it worked against us. Quinn wasn't the answer and McInnes has held up his hand and done something about it.

Sounds bad but it probably isn't really. McLaughlin and Parker are loan signings that simply didn't work out (the former not really getting a chance). Ward was so much of a success it worked against us. Quinn wasn't the answer and McInnes has held up his hand and done something about it.

Parker is someone McInnes said he'd been looking at for years...

Parker is someone McInnes said he'd been looking at for years...

Might we assume that there was some off field nonsense that McInnes would never previosuly have been aware of? He started against ICT up there (we lost) and he basically never featured for us again. Seems odd.

Might we assume that there was some off field nonsense that McInnes would never previosuly have been aware of? He started against ICT up there (we lost) and he basically never featured for us again. Seems odd.

Or he was a player McInnes likes the look of in the past, so when the opportunity to get him for free for 6 months he just went with it.

Three out of five signings haven't worked out does sound bad because it is. It's either terrible decision making on the management's part or wee wiggy has tied their hands by giving them four gingy bottles and a bag of coppers to "challenge Celtic" so that's the best we could get.I think the truth probably lies somewhere in-between.

I can't believe rapey is still at the club when he contributes the square root of feck all to the team.He's worse than Darren Mackie.

Edited by TartanJon

Did Paul Quinn only sign for Aberdeen in the summer? Felt like he'd been there longer. Did he not start off quite well? At our level he's a pretty good player.

Not sure he started off that well. He scored the winner against Celtic, so that maybe masked quite a bit! He's decent in the air, shouts a lot, organises and has a heart - unfortunately this does not make up the shortfall that his considerable lack of pace and footballing ability present.

And to think that Craig Levein wanted that dumpling to play for Scotland !

I actually quite like McGowan, but he's off in the summer anyway and this season is complete write-off so we may as well sell some of the junk that's lying around.

I wouldn't be wasting any more money on out-of-contract internationals in a futile attempt to bridge a 14 point gap in 16 games.