January Transfer News - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story now is that Rangers have not upped their second derisory offer of 200 grand for O' Halloran, regardless of rumours of 500 grand.

Tommy Wright by all accounts dropped him today for two reasons. The first being O' Halloran's head was mince with the speculation and the second being he didn't think our awful playing surface would have suited his play.

Story I heard yesterday, was that things were to take a back seat until today's games were out the road.

Just need to wait and see what develops.

Saints are not trying to kid anybody on. We are a small club and with a small fanbase we can't refuse money when it comes along. But the pishy offers that Rangers throw around at one of the brightest talents in our top league are derisory.

Saints are not trying to kid anybody on. We are a small club and with a small fanbase we can't refuse money when it comes along. But the pishy offers that Rangers throw around at one of the brightest talents in our top league are derisory.

Brightest talents? 95 games and 14 goals in his senior career?

Not what I'd call fantastic stats for a striker.

I'd prefer us not to sign him and use the money for a good centre half.

Brightest talents? 95 games and 14 goals in his senior career?

Not what I'd call fantastic stats for a striker.

I'd prefer us not to sign him and use the money for a good centre half.

How many times do certain people on here need told he is not a striker? :blink:

Regardless of your assessment, he is one of the brightest talents in our top flight.

Regardless of your assessment, he is one of the brightest talents in our top flight.

He's more of a Waggy type of player. I think under Warbs formation and tactics he'd double that come the end of the season ?

No one is forcing you to accept them m8. Both parties are trying to get the best deal for themselves. And they can be called derisory if you like, but it's a sign of the times for us I'm afraid. £220k is the most we have paid for any player under the new regime.

I agree with you regarding his talent, I'd be delighted to land him.

No one is forcing you to accept them m8. Both parties are trying to get the best deal for themselves. And they can be called derisory if you like, but it's a sign of the times for us I'm afraid. £220k is the most we have paid for any player under the new regime.

I agree with you regarding his talent, I'd be delighted to land him.

I understand that. I know a club which like Rangers especially need to deal wisely with the pennies but there seems to be a huge element of "Saints as a pishy wee club should accept what ra peepel tell them".

I understand that. I know a club which like Rangers especially need to deal wisely with the pennies but there seems to be a huge element of "Saints as a pishy wee club should accept what ra peepel tell them".

Which imo, only exists in the minds of your fans, and no doubt the fans of other Scottish clubs, who are consumed by their own paranoia regarding us.

As far as I can see Rangers have been respectful in their dealings over this. I was reading yesterday that we were khunts because it had been leaked to the press and we were clearly trying to unsettle the lad.

Who has openly spoken to the press about these discussions? St Johnstone or Rangers?

Aye, because half of the country's press don't have their tongues up the arses of the Ibrox hierarchy right enough. :lol:

Nice side step :)

As I said above m8 and it's the reason we will probably never agree on stuff like this.

Rangers fans think the press are Tims and hate us.

The Tims think they are Huns and hate them.

The rest of you think they are Tims one week and then Huns the following.

Not everyone can be right can they?

Nice side step :)

As I said above m8 and it's the reason we will probably never agree on stuff like this.

Rangers fans think the press are Tims and hate us.

The Tims think they are Huns and hate them.

The rest of you think they are Tims one week and then Huns the following.

Not everyone can be right can they?

I think half of them are Tims and half of them Huns. Kind of like Scottish fitba' fans really.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge of the player. I have only seen him a handful of times and the only time he stood out was when he was horsing us!

I was under the impression he was a striker, hence my comment.

I also didn't realise he is 25. Not really a youngster anymore.

Time will tell as to how good he actually is but I remain sceptical although generally Warburton seems to have had reasonable success with his signings so far.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge of the player. I have only seen him a handful of times and the only time he stood out was when he was horsing us!

I was under the impression he was a striker, hence my comment.

I also didn't realise he is 25. Not really a youngster anymore.

Time will tell as to how good he actually is but I remain sceptical although generally Warburton seems to have had reasonable success with his signings so far.

To be brutally honest I had never heard of him till this season