January Transfer News - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

£3k per week for Stokes - disgraceful from Hibscelticloanagain after screwing the part state owned bank/uk tax payers out of millions

say goodbye to the euros Stokesy but as Stubbsy says " Hibs are a top tier side - playing in the championship" ?

Pardon.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. If they can keep him fit and get Stokes' head right they've got a great shot at winning the league I think. Be interesting to see if we can push through Diagouraga and O'Halloran.

They have enhanced their squad/starting XI, no question.

From what I've been told (which seems to be consistent with other stories going around), Diagouraga will be travelling up today or tomorrow (he was in the Brentford team last night).

O'Hallorran is at advanced stages. I read elsewhere that the club's have met face to face about this, although must admit I wasn't told that. St Johnstone, understandably, have a game to concentrate on today, hence the delay. Only thing that will stop that, is if Celtic decide to throw their hat into the ring imo. His Dad is heavily involved with their youth set up. Apparently there has been no contact from them, despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Well if Hibs fail to gain promotion through the play-offs at the very least then Stubbs' tea should be oot. The board are finally showing a bit of ambition so now all we need is management and players on the park to do the business.

I'd love to see the reaction to this post on .clique from some of the walloppers, anything remotely critical of the club then your accused of being a yam haha Seen as I'm barred for telling it how it was at the end of last season and never toed the line and happy clapped myself into oblivion over a lap of honour celebrating failure I got a ban, so I'll just post it on here instead

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Well if Hibs fail to gain promotion through the play-offs at the very least then Stubbs' tea should be oot. The board are finally showing a bit of ambition so now all we need is management and players on the park to do the business.

I'd love to see the reaction to this post on .clique from some of the walloppers, anything remotely critical of the club then your accused of being a yam haha Seen as I'm barred for telling it how it was at the end of last season and never tied the line and happy clapped myself into oblivion I got a ban I'll just post it on here

I think that's fair, and the second part sounds quite familiar ;)

Hard to say how it will pan out. Falkirk have really stirred it up, as I think before a ball was kicked everyone expected Rangers or Hibs to at least have a crack at the SPL team in a playoff. No guarantee now as they have proved they can match us both, especially in a one off tie.

Have to say fair play to Hibs, the two signings show you are going for the automatic place, and why not. Likewise we have improved recently after deserved criticism and are trying to add two quality players.

I wonder if that's where The Bairns might come up a bit short? Huge game tomorrow more so for them imo.

I think that's fair, and the second part sounds quite familiar ;)

Hard to say how it will pan out. Falkirk have really stirred it up, as I think before a ball was kicked everyone expected Rangers or Hibs to at least have a crack at the SPL team in a playoff. No guarantee now as they have proved they can match us both, especially in a one off tie.

Have to say fair play to Hibs, the two signings show you are going for the automatic place, and why not. Likewise we have improved recently after deserved criticism and are trying to add two quality players.

I wonder if that's where The Bairns might come up a bit short? Huge game tomorrow more so for them imo.

I might be wrong but I can't see Falkirk lasting the pace with Rangers and Hibs between now and the end of the season. Hibs tomorrow and then us at the end of Jan. If they can come through those 2 games not any further adrift than they are then it'll get interesting but I'd imagine one or both will have pulled away a bit.

O'Halloran not in starting 11 for St Johnstone. Transfer close to being completed.

Not in the squad at all. £500K deal agreed apparently. The big French lad also on his way up (if he's not here already) so would expect both to be announced tomorrow. Oduwa not in our squad for second game in a row so assume he'll be going back to Spurs shortly.

My original beef was more to do with the Daily Record than Rangers. They clearly help Rangers and Celtic in these situations.

I get it in relation to all clubs do it at some level, where the hypocrisy comes into play is when bigger clubs like Norwich, Southampton etc come tapping their players.

Also, you cant simply dismiss concerns about offering low amounts for players by citing people would be complaining if you were offering over the odds. Rangers are using their influence to deliberately undervalue players. Fair business for them, but it is providing them with an unfair advantage in signing due to the additional help of the west coast frothing media.

Look how much Brentford paid for Lewis McLeod and then compare against what they are offering for O'Halloran and tried to sign Scott Allan for.

Oh the Seeth