Braveheart - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Braveheart

What age is appropriate to let my twins watch this. They've been asking me about it. They recently watched lord of the rings and hobbit films which are pretty violent.

Its been a while since I saw it myself. I can remember a pretty graphic scene in Rob Roy but I don't remember anything like that in Braveheart. Thoughts???

Mind seeing Polanskis "Macbeth" in Capitol , Aberdeen ; 1st yr Secondary school

Strange seeing Doyle of the professionals playing banquo; was a scene where a punter gets a crossbow shot in the head

Some guy in the audience shouts out " one hundred and eighty !" Lots of laughs

Think 13 at the time

Strange seeing Doyle of the professionals playing banquo; was a scene where a punter gets a crossbow shot in the head

Think 13 at the time

:-))

Think 13 at the time

I remember being taken to see that with the school English dept as well. Doesn't Francesca Annis get her kit off as well?

I'm fairly liberal with films and my kids.

I watched some crazy films when inward a kid. Films like Commando, Predator and Nightmare on Elm Street. Remember watching Commando when I was 5/6.

I've turned out fine. You have to know your kids. Some kids just can't handle blood and gore, some can.

Incidentally my 6 and 4 year olds have seen the battle scenes in Braveheart. They really weren't interested in the film but the battles they loved.

J

Think 13 at the time

Brilliant )

Think 13 at the time

Haha!!

Saw it in the cinema when I was 13'ish (but even at 13 I looked like I was 18, as I was about 2 foot taller than anyone else my age) with my dad.

Watching it now, its not all that blood and guts compared to some of the stuff that has been produced in recent years