All-Nighter On Thursday? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

All-Nighter On Thursday?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone taking days off would be best taking the Wednesday and Thursday off.

Wednesday to assist with a last minute push, Thursday to ensure that we win.

The Get Out The Vote operation is what will swing this in either direction.

That's just what I've done. Off Weds and Thurs, all nighter Thurs, flight at 10am, working 2pm Friday.... what could possibly go wrong?!? Edited by Maq

Anyone taking days off would be best taking the Wednesday and Thursday off.

Wednesday to assist with a last minute push, Thursday to ensure that we win.

The Get Out The Vote operation is what will swing this in either direction.

I'm currently unemployed and staying with my family in Peterhead, so will make contract with the local Yes group to see if there's anything I can do.

Will be on here from 10ish after the polls closed. Will be staying up on my own, but have strict instructions to wake my mum up when things get interesting.

Leaving Norwich at 4pm on Thursday and looking to be with my folks in St Andrews around midnight.

Nightshift in front of the tv with fukin everything crossed.

Up to Aberdeen on Saturday morning, Dons in the afternoon, staying with friends overnight and back down the road on Sunday.

PLEASE let it be a great weekend - I'd trade a Dons defeat for a YES vote - In fact I'd trade relegation for a YES vote!

I genuinely mean the latter........

By a great quirk of fate, my shift pattern sees me finish work on Wednesday morning and I'm not due back in til a week on Friday, so I may spend wednesday and thursday doing something to get the last push going.

Depending on the result, I'll either be in the house gutted for a week, or out getting pished until I need to go back to work........

Edited by Souness' 'tache

I've got Thursday and Friday off, work in York so can't be arsed with the negative comments on referendum day, and can't be arsed with the comments whatever the result. Hopefully enough dust'll have settled over the weekend when I'm back on Monday. Was considering popping up to Glasgow later on Thursday, or early Friday - if something was definitively organised I'd make a decision I reckon.

How will this work does anyone know? Will it be like a normal election with results being drip fed from different constituencies.

Or is it it just going to be one simple big announcement of the result? (And if so any rough ideas of when)

someone had said the votes would not be counted till the morning, it looks like now it is coming in by region. on another thread there is suggested timings.

I'm off wed/thurs/friday, will be on here from 10pm on Thursday for the night. One thing for sure, its going to be an emotional night. Said on here before, but I intend to be sharing a wee dram or two with people who were close to me who arent here to watch this moment. Like others have said, emotionally drained at end of each day. Crazy.

By the way......Friday night will be a bit of a bender if it all goes to plan.