All-Nighter On Thursday? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

All-Nighter On Thursday?

Got the Friday off so me and the other half are planning to stay up. She's Polish but you'll no find many more passionate Yes folk than her! Ordered the White Paper and everything. She was raging the other day when BT suggested foreigners may be kicked out of an independent Scotland and let them know on her Facebook page that stuff like that drives home her Yes vote even deeper ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend to be sharing a wee dram or two with people who were close to me who arent here to watch this moment.

I'll be thinking of my uncle who died 3 years ago. In the 80s, he walked nearly an hour each way to the polling station to vote SNP, despite being seriously disabled as a result of an aneurysm he suffered in his early 20s (the same walk would take an able-bodied person 6 or 7 minutes).

I have Thursday and Friday off, will be helping out all day Thursday, then be staying up all night.

Depending on how the result goes, I will either be in the pub with mates getting absolutely guggit, or will be on a flight out of the country early for 3 days to avoid the gloating.

I keep forgetting it's not FPTP, so it doesn't really make a massive difference that the three biggest cities will be last to declare :-)):ok:

Of course it does, it makes it worse.

25% of the votes will be announced in the last three, it will make it unbearable.

I'm in Berlin with some work colleagues from Wednesday to Friday (have voted by post already). Suspect that I'll have to make do with BBC World on the TV and if that doesn't produce will need to hope that I can get decent wi-fi in the hotel and follow it on the iPlayer radio app and of course the TAMB.

Am thinking of taking the kilt with me...

Edited by neilser

Definitely on an all-nighted. Was hoping to head up Auld_Reekie and watch it all unfold in the boozer but doubt there's anywhere going to have all night license. Ill be up town on Friday when the Yes vote is secured though!

So taboard it is then! Nae complaints here - the 2011 Scottish election thread was epic!