Jermy Corbyn - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll convince no one to come to your cause by calling Labour "Red Tories". You and your already convinced mates can all have a laugh and think how funny and clever you are. Your average undecided voter will be turned off by it though.

Fortunately I'm not a politician and I'm not really in the business of trying to attract people to "my cause". Your average voter will not have heard of me and therefore is unlikely to be either attracted to or put off any cause I happen to believe in as a result of me using the term "Red Tories" (of indeed any other term) which I guess is good news all round. If I ever become famous I'll exercise a little more thought and imagination in the terms I use.

And I'm certainly not laughing at what this government, aided so effectively by Labour, is doing to many people in this country particularly those whom Labour are supposed to represent. That is undoubtedly no laughing matter.

If I'm honest, I use the term Red Tories as a. it seems to fit the bill quite well and b. I really can't be arsed thinking up something "less childish" but if there is another term (no more than two word please) you'd prefer me to use that is less childish and less walloper-like I'd be happy to ditch "Red Tories" and use it instead.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

flipping lying toad.

Who's this we he's talking about?

Ian, abstaining is not voting against. It's just not voting. Voting against a bill, is voting against. It can't be any simpler.

Completely clueless party, I can see years in the Tory wilderness for the UK.

J

If I'm honest, I use the term Red Tories as a. it seems to fit the bill quite well and b. I really can't be arsed thinking up something "less childish" but if there is another term (no more than two word please) you'd prefer me to use that is less childish and less walloper-like I'd be happy to ditch "Red Tories" and use it instead.

I don't care what term you use. I simply pointed out that it makes you look like a walloper and then told you why it does and what affect it would have.

Edited by Parklife

I don't care what term you use. I simply pointed out that it makes you look like a walloper and then told you why it does and what affect it would have.

I guess we'll have respectfully disagree. Seems to me that Labour (their colour being red) are acting like Tories, ie distinguishable from the real Tories in little more than colour.

But if that makes me a walloper in your opinion that's no skin off my nose really.

I just disagree. Like some others may, and some others again may not.

But I'd have thought it takes more than those two words to make anyone a walloper. But maybe you know better.

But maybe you know better.

He doesnt but you'll spend 3 pages trying to tell him that

After a good period of time the old Parklife has returned

As you have tried to point out to him the term Red Tories has been well earned and it's not just SNP/Yes Voters that call them that but many many disaffected Labour members

What's been noticeable is that those at the top of the Labour party cant seem to grasp (Corbyn excluded) is that the reason they were horsed in England (as well as Scotland) is that many people cannot distinguish between the Tories and Labour and again with valid reasons.

Now we all know that there is a difference between them, albeit narrower than it was say 20 years ago and we all know why that is.

Labour are at the stage where they will do anything to retain power and that brings us to the signposts and weathercocks analogy when courting middle England

Then you look at the Labour party leadership

Almost 17% of Labour MPs went to private schools not taking into account their recent leadership

Milband is the son of a millionaire academic

Ed Balls - privately educated

Harriet Harman - privately educated and daughter of a Harley Street Doctor

Hillary Benn's father may have given up his hereditary title, but the family weren't so keen to redistribute the Stansgate Abbey estate

Chuka Umunna is the grandson of a High Court Judge and was also privately educated

Tessa Jowell went to St Margaret's School for Girls

Tristram Hunt is the son of Lord Hunt and attended University College School

Then look at their actions over the last week - Mhairi Black's pleading with them to actually be an opposition has fell on deaf ears.

There is tweets tonight from Labour voters in England the like of which i have never seen before

Referring to them as red tories at this point in time (different if Corbyn wins) & having a negative effect on the SNP is unlikely

Edited by Ally Bongo

Aye labour are convincing voters to look elsewhere all by themselves.

Great plan to try and win votes from Torries while gradually losing their own core voters.

Or maybe a lot of them just agree with the welfare bill.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Much of the welfare reform often attributed to the current government was either implemented by the last Labour government, e.g. ESA and the bedroom tax, or began life there e.g. workfare and PIP.

flipping lying toad.

If you ever have to explain the expression 'wee nyaff' to a non Scot, all you need to do is show him or her a picture of Ian Murray. Or preferably a video clip of Ian Murray saying anything.

And more importantly they are doing absolutely nothing to dispell thy myth of being red tories - in fact they are doing more to reinforce it

CKdyQN-WoAAKErf.jpg

John McTernan on Newsnight just said that the Labour MPs that nominated Corbyn are morons. There's THE main reason for Red Tories right there because there is no doubt he is a Tory

He wants to merge the Fire Brigade with the Police Force to save money because theres no fires anymore

This is the Labour strategist

That probably means that Burnham will win.

Not according to Newsnight, they had Corbyn winning.

Looks like the Labour Party membership is deciding that they can't stand the Parliamentary Labour Party either.

Nothing wrong with that. Makes a very strong point.

I can see reason for abstaining on certain votes, but abstaining in the sense of not wanting to make a decision is very poor. If you genuinely don't have a horse in the race it is fine on a point by point basis.

just read some of those comments, lol like it even more.

Edited by phart

Looks like you're upset about your bizarre viewpoint being shown up by an evidence based assessment of Paul Lawrie in the The Open thread.

Looks like you're upset about your bizarre viewpoint being shown up by an evidence based assessment of Paul Lawrie in the The Open thread.

Yeah