Jermy Corbyn - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ukip's vote in England was almost exactly the lib dem votes last time. Which implies strongly that the people who voted Clegg in 2010 did so cos they wouldn't vote labour or tory.

Then Clegg gave us all the tories (his original party of membership anyway).

This time with the liberals screwed all there votes in England went to ukip and in Scotland to the SNP.

That's too simplistic and it's not true. The bit about Scotland is, but the everyone with the exception of the Tories votes went to the SNP. The Tory vote of course went down because of #SNPout tactical voting.

If you look at the seats where the Lib Dems lost in England, then what you tend to see is the vote for the party that won didn't change that much from the 2010, as a random example, St. Ives, in 2010, the Tories came second with 17900, in 2015 they won with 18,500.

The Lib Dem vote collapsed but but those votes went to all different parties, but I doubt that a lot of them went to UKIP. The Greens went up from 250,000 to 1.15 million, I'd guess a large amount of those would be former Lib Dems. The rest I would think would be to either the Tories or Labour depending on where you stood as a liberal.

Another factor in the UKIP vote is that the BNP, who polled 560,000 votes in 2010 didn't stand in 2015 and there's only one place those votes were going.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't matter who wins ... they'll just be a filler until the messiah (miliband) or some other posh tory-lite twat makes themselves available to take up the reins for the next election.

personally hope Corbyn gets in based on this interview - as he's got a fine temper (kicks off from 8.04) -

I think I agree with most of what he said there so the poor guy has got nae chance. Coupling that with Scunnered's backing he will be lucky to get 4th. :lol:

I could never vote for someone called Jeremy - his name shows just how much he's out of touch.

We need a Liz or an Andy to run Labour.

Labour needs to get back to its roots.

Not the roots of Kier Hardie and John Knox; but the roots of Campbell and Brown, Mandy and Theresa May.

We can't trust Andy Burnham, but Liz Kendall gleams with trust.

She's like a sparrow that you can pin your hopes and dreams on.

Vote Liz

Vote Liz Kendall.

Only three pound to join

I could never vote for someone called Jeremy - his name shows just how much he's out of touch.

We need a Liz or an Andy to run Labour.

Labour needs to get back to its roots.

Not the roots of Kier Hardie and John Knox; but the roots of Campbell and Brown, Mandy and Theresa May.

We can't trust Andy Burnham, but Liz Kendall gleams with trust.

She's like a sparrow that you can pin your hopes and dreams on.

Vote Liz

Vote Liz Kendall.

Only three pound to join

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't make it past the first line without coffee over my screen.

Watched the first 2mins. nterviewer goes from asking a Q about child benefits which Corbyn answers well and the follow up Q is suddenly about an immigrant with 5 kids claiming

That little window sums up everything wrong with the media in this county. flipping disgraceful.

Sums up all that's wrong with political interviewing on TV

Corbyn 'Can I finish?'

Guru Murthy 'You can't if it's a long answer'

Fecking ludicrous...

Sums up all that's wrong with political interviewing on TV

Corbyn 'Can I finish?'

Guru Murthy 'You can't if it's a long answer'

Fecking ludicrous...

The interviewer was being a dick and while I don't blame Corbyn for losing his temper, it didn't look good from a presentational point of view.

If he gets the job he'll face interview after interview like that, his "loony left" views being probed each and every time. He is completely against the grain of what is expected in today's front-line politics - and that is to his credit - but, sadly, I think the established media will have a field day if he gets the gig.

Edited by scotlad

The interviewer was being a dick and while I don't blame Corbyn for losing his temper, it didn't look good from a presentational point of view.

If he gets the job he'll face interview after interview like that, his "loony left" views being probed each and every time. He is completely against the grain of what is expected in today's front-line politics - and that is to his credit - but, sadly, I think the established media will have a field day if he gets the gig.

Good! :lol:

The media reported the above interview as a meltdown, but I've seen nothing but positivity from the public! Anything that further strains the relationship of media and public is welcome.

Good! :lol:

The media reported the above interview as a meltdown, but I've seen nothing but positivity from the public! Anything that further strains the relationship of media and public is welcome.

I'd only ever previously seen the clip from the "meltdown" part onwards. When you see the lead up to it, it is easy to see why Corbyn was so irked. Really poor journalism.

I'd only ever previously seen the clip from the "meltdown" part onwards. When you see the lead up to it, it is easy to see why Corbyn was so irked. Really poor journalism.

KGM is a fukking bellend. A complete and utter fukktard. I think he riles up everyone he interviews.

I can't believe I'm saying this... But the best handling I've seen of a journalist being a dick over a political issue was Salmond the morning after the GE, I can't be arsed looking out the clip but I'm sure someone on here will have it in their wänk bank :wink2:

Corbyn doesn't have the smart arsery of Salmond to deal with these situations, but for the most part his politics are in the right place... Or left place rather.

I can't believe I'm saying this... But the best handling I've seen of a journalist being a dick over a political issue was Salmond the morning after the GE, I can't be arsed looking out the clip but I'm sure someone on here will have it in their wänk bank :wink2:

Here ye go Scunnered. One of my w@nk bank favourites... :ok:

Cheers babe :wub:

The Lion Roaring shite was naff though :lol:

I keep this clip in my file alongside Roddy Grant's greatest goals and nipslips from Caroline Aherne. If ever there was a trio of whank bank videos it would be hard to top these. :ok:

KGM is a fukking bellend. A complete and utter fukktard. I think he riles up everyone he interviews.

He always seemed so affable on Newsround too.

Corbyn doesn't have the smart arsery of Salmond to deal with these situations, but for the most part his politics are in the right place... Or left place rather.

Paxman is the journalist I blame most for the antagonist, sneering approach adopted by almost all political TV journalists these days. It is their job to ask politicians difficult questions and not to let them off the hook easily, but for 's sake, I wish they'd actually let them answer their questions and make their own mistakes if needs be.

No, Corbyn isn't as slick as Salmond. Few politicians are though, it's what Salmond's good at.

Noticed Miranda the Lib Dem token on This Week saying she'd joined the Labour Party to do her bit to make sure Corbyn didn't get elected! :blink:

She's worried they'll move away from the centre ground. I thought that'd be good for the Lib Dems in particular? :blink: :blink:

Edited by Toepoke